Medi Guards

Medi Guards

in Necromancer

Posted by: rohnis.2715

rohnis.2715

Hey guys,
i can kill every class now just one class is extremely hard for me to counter, medi guards.
how do you deal with medi guards?

Medi Guards

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

They’re pain in the kitten , no doubt. Especially if you’re Power. But there are some general directions:
-Standard Medi Guardian with non-1v1-only build should be something like 10/5/30/5/20. Their heal is a block, but it can be interrupted with Wail of Doom, Warhorn skill.
-They’re quite bursty. They open with Meditation Teleport and Whirling Wrath. Make sure you avoid that. It’s rather slow whirl, but will deal huge damage if you allow him to stand on top of you.
-Every of their non-elite utilities heal them on activation for about 2k and give fury. If you’re under effect of burning, they have 10% more dmg on you.
-Meditation Guards wear Zerker amulets. Which means they’re not really tanky. They realy on quick burst, blocks and blinds.
-They have 2-4(If using Lyssa runes) sources of condition cleanse.
Basic one is on 16 sec cd, it cleanses only 1 condition but does huge AoE damage. Part of initial burst.
Second is reversed version of Corrupt Boon – with 48 cd, it breaks stun and switches all his conditions into boons. Be aware of that if you use SoS.
-Lyssa Runes (if equipped)
-4th one depends on trait. They can either run stability on vrtue or 3 condi cleanse on virtue activation (Resolve). Elite refreshes virtues, allowing either for 2x Stability or 6 condi cleanse
-Apart from Teleport and Leap on GS, they’re not very mobile. If you survive initial burst, kite them.
-When they switch to Scepter, gain some range and evade Scepter attacks by sidestepping. They’re slow and fly in line. However, in close range, be aware, they do good damage and are highly spammable. There’s also scepter burst, which is Stationary attack AoE+Immobilize.

General tips – Don’t get hit by Blinds. Kite them. Save your DS for their bursts. Feel free to Fear, most of them don’t run stability. Things like Spectral Wall totally wreck Medi Guardians. And be aware of initial burst.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Medi Guards

in Necromancer

Posted by: Icewielder.4195

Icewielder.4195

First off what build are you running? That’s going to determine how you fight a medi guard. Zerker necro will have to play entirely different than a condi build.

Second, meditation guardians (especially ultra glass ones) if played well will be extremely difficult to beat regardless of your build. I play both a full zerker triple meditation burst guardian as well as my necro (both zerker and condi). If your opponent happens to be experienced with necro your likely just out of luck. Skilled guards will know what skills to blind and your attack rotation. They have both extensive blocks and blinds, but arguably the most potent condi removal and recovery possible. That being said, its possible to beat even a skilled one, but what build your running will determine how you do that. One word of advice, kite…kite…kite..do not mess with a medi guard in melee, you will lose.

Worst Necro NA [XARA]

Medi Guards

in Necromancer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

That reminds me of my recent encounter with a Guardian in WvW. Okay, I’m still kinda new with Necro; at least if it comes to fighting other players. But yeah… I’m playing with a condi-build, and he was apparently a meditation-build and he was also using -condiduration food. On top of that, he seemed to be very skilled in general (saw him fighting some other people too). Needless to say, it was a rather short and cruel encounter. There was not much that I could do. My condis didn’t last long, and they also got cleansed quite frequently. He pressured me mostly with scepter-autoattacks… I couldn’t really get distance lol. Embarrassing (because I know that Scepter-autoattacks are generally considered quite trashy because they can be sidestepped… if you’re at range). But yeah. And they did hurt quite a bit too. Anyway; I lack practice, he was skilled and also he kinda countered me build-wise, so it’s okay. Not trying to complain or anything. But I’d like to proclaim my sympathy to the OP: Yes, I know exactly what you mean. ^^

Medi Guards

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Key is to avoid the burst a medi guardian can dish out, which can be hard to pull of. Generally if you can aviod it, you have good chances to win if you use a decent build.

But you do not forget that meditation builds a considered the best 1v1 builds for guardians, as such you should expect a harder fight.

Medi Guards

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

They are tough for me too, they can have so many blinds and aegis and heals that they are tough to take down as a power necro.

Keys to remember are that they have very few soft CCs like cripple or chill, while all necros have that. Keep up those up and kite, kite, kite. Plus, many run off hand focus so watch when they have the shields around them, because if you break that shield it deals crazy damage to you. Save your fears for when they are too close.

Medi Guards

in Necromancer

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Aside from Lyssa runes they don’t have much in the ways of stability, especially if they’re triple meditation guardians. As a condition necro if I see one coming I’ll drop 2 marks on my feet (usually staff #2 + #3), and once their blinds have been used, I fear the ever loving crap out of them with staff #5, DS #5, and spectral wall + spectral grasp. Terror + all the other conditions you apply while they’re feared will down them pretty hard most of the time.

Medi Guards

in Necromancer

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Plus, many run off hand focus so watch when they have the shields around them, because if you break that shield it deals crazy damage to you.

The focus shield actually does damage if it isn’t broken. It does however deal full damage even if it blocks a few hits but is still up. Only takes about 3 hits to knock it out completely, so quick autoattacks, of any moves that bounce between the guard and another enemy or yourself (i.e. focus #4, dagger #4) will knock it off pretty fast.

Medi Guards

in Necromancer

Posted by: reign.2369

reign.2369

As someone who plays both necro and medi guard extensively I’ll try and help you out.

Dodging their initial burst is quite important. A lot of times I will pop my shield of wrath, switch to scepter auto attack a few times to maybe bait a dodge, chains of light, smite, zealots fire and then start the cast of throwing then teleport to you with judges intervention which will hit with JI damage, the shield of wrath explosion and the damage from zealots fire, that will be a very considerable amount of damage already.
This wont happen every time but don’t waste your dodge on smite or auto attacks, dodge chains of light or the teleport (you can tell when the teleport is coming by how long is left on shield of wrath)

So now I’m in your face, if you avoided all of most of that burst I’m out on a lot of my CDs but I can still hit quite hard, I’ll be quite annoyed if I missed that first burst so I will remain in your face because you, being a necro, will put some kind of condition on me, at which point I’ll use smite condition and hit you for quite a bit of damage unless it’s blind (you will probably be on fire so 10% bonus and also fury from meds) after I will control you with blinds and blocks to try and survive your initial volley, with contemplation of purity as a safety net incase you load me up with condis. At this stage you will just have to pay attention to if you are blinded or if I have aegis as to not waste any of your CDs.

After I’ve done that I’ll go after you with some sword attacks, sticking to you with blinding blade and zealots blade and switching to scepter to keep the pressure on, here I will have no CDs left so if you are not dead or running away a very easy thing to do would be to chain fears and LB/lich or condispam me depending on what build you have and you’ve won. (You can also do that at any point during the fight and probably win too, I will usually just try to avoid burst from medi guards and keep them blinded or weakened, when they come in close then DS gives you everything you need to kill them)