Meet the Reaper!

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: piano man.1672

piano man.1672

I don’t even give a kitten about group support if we do insane DPS and tear up team fights. I’m a sucker, jumping on the hype train now.

Exactly, my same thoughts.

Kharros 80 Warr | Dead on Revival 80 Necro | Yoxx 80 Guard | Khoton 80 Thief | Thera Majere 80 Ele

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: DarkMezmer.5198

DarkMezmer.5198

IMA call minion reaper now then. With death nova , the reduced damage from poisoned and chilled foes., inate death shroud damage reduction and protection. You will only take 28% of the damage you usually would with minions and yourself leeching.

^My thoughts exactly when I read the blogpost. Just imagine MM actually jumping into a team fight at graveyard with their golem, bone minions, and using the Rise shout to summon 5 horrors and then have them all die just to get 8 death novas exploding all over the point. The poison carnage will be real.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

Imagine how slow a slowed Reaper will be! Will the guy hit something before he dies? Greatsword will be a bad choice.

Shouts could be nice. But I have the bad feeling they will be crippled with 600 reach only. I really hope I am wrong and it is at least 900.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Mhh seems staff will be the best second weapon set for GS wielding reapers. A 1200 range alternative to the now melee DS/reaper mode and the melee GS. And the fear works nicely with the minor trait.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sabre.8627

Sabre.8627

Yeah ofc :S don’t see why trooper won’t work

Trooper runes specifically say they remove a condition from each affected ally… And if the Necromancer shouts affect no allies, then it will logically remove no conditions. They may change Trooper runes in anticipation of this elite spec, however, so who knows. I’ll try to ensure it gets asked during the live stream tomorrow.

I think this would be hilarious, Necro’s would become the very thing they hate. We’d join the group condi-cleanse meta that we always complain about.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balekai.6083

Balekai.6083

Imagine how slow a slowed Reaper will be! Will the guy hit something before he dies? Greatsword will be a bad choice.

Shouts could be nice. But I have the bad feeling they will be crippled with 600 reach only. I really hope I am wrong and it is at least 900.

I’m pretty sure they will be 600 radius. I say that because other class shouts are 600 radius and the Reaper’s zone of control is melee. So getting shouts with a huge 900 radius (1800 range diameter rather than 1200) would be long range control.

Hitting multiple foes with shouts shouldn’t be an issue with 600 radius shouts though. Life Transfer usually doesn’t have a problem hitting what you want to hit unless you time it badly and have your positioning all wrong. Timing shouts should be easier since they’re instant cast.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thustlewhumber.7416

Thustlewhumber.7416

(from a wvw perspective) Knowing a necro is selfish and its strengths are taking down multiple targets quickly, I like these changes. Necro already had the ability to take a hit, and pushing them more towards a “front line” class (like War/Guard) is a welcome addition. I see the role of dealing lots of damage very quickly to a lot of enemies has only been enhanced.

If the gap closer works like the War’s “rush” and doesn’t need a target to function, it will be the evade that everyone has been asking for. The “pull” animation is excellent also… will be nice to pull overzealous rangers off the walls and for everyone to know why it happened.

Not digging the fear changes: if it is coupled with chill, it turns it into a temporary “disabler” and not a permanant “remover”. (For example, fearing the guy on an AC on 3rd floor Garri will not make him fall off anymore. Say goodbye to EotM fear wall also).

It will be interesting to see the synergy necros will have once all the changes go into effect.

WvW Necro

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Papish.5806

Papish.5806

So i just realized ANET said the spec thats gets shouts, gets 6 of them. So does that mean we get a F2 shout? Because 6-0=5 skills and DS skills are classified as DS skills and wep skills with wep skills as to never double dip in traits.

Or maybe im just off in the deep end?

Edit: Maybe a use X% life force for X skill(shout) for F2?

(edited by Papish.5806)

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Muchacho.2390

Not digging the fear changes: if it is coupled with chill, it turns it into a temporary “disabler” and not a permanant “remover”. (For example, fearing the guy on an AC on 3rd floor Garri will not make him fall off anymore. Say goodbye to EotM fear wall also).

You dont have to take the specialization, so it is not really a fear change. And since reaper are melee they dont really want that their enemies run away…

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

So i just realized ANET said the spec thats gets shouts, gets 6 of them. So does that mean we get a F2 shout? Because 6-0=5 skills and DS skills are classified as DS skills and wep skills with wep skills as to never double dip in traits.

4 utilities to choose from, 1 heal, 1 elite. Like DH.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Muchacho.2390

1 healing shout, 4 utility shouts and 1 elite shout… That makes 6, so there is no F2^^

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Papish.5806

Papish.5806

I feel dumb now…idk why i keep thinking we only get 3 utilities since we only have 3 util slots…./facepalm

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drawing Guy.3701

Drawing Guy.3701

There is a lot that Necro needed help with to bring it out of mediocrity in PvE and PvP.

Here is the list of weaknesses that limit PvE/PvP viability (“-” looks to be still a problem, “+” is not or looks to be fixed):
+ AoE: The dagger getting 2 target cleave helped this, but they have no weapon with 3 or 5 target solid access. Sure, staff has 5 target marks, but that’s utility and not DPS with small damage and long cooldowns. Wells brings the necro into great burst AoE, which is great for WvW, but meh everywhere else – You’re not constant pressure. Gratefully Reaper looks to be resolving this.

-/+ Mobility: There are 4 types of mobility:

• + Movement Speed: Necro has ok access to swiftness and a 25 speed signet. But everyone has has a signet/trait except Mesmer, and mesmer is getting that fixed. This does not help you catch or escape.
  • -/+ Sprints: Absolutely none at this time. The new DS looks like it’s converting the extremely unreliable Dark Path to a sprint type move. This will definitely be nice, but places it on reliance of having Life Force available and a double cooldown of the skill itself and DS further limiting access. My big fear is that they’ll make the spin forward movement slow. The video shows it already at the target spinning in place, so it’s anywhere from junk for mobility to as amazing as ele’s FG spin. We also don’t know the cooldown – if it’s on a 30s+, might as well just lol.
  • - Leaps: Has none and getting none that we know of yet.
  • - Teleports: Currently Necro technically has 3, though they are hardly mobility. Flesh Wurm has a very long cast time that pops a huge beacon that tells the enemy exactly where you are going followed by needing a second activation to get there. It then has a long cooldown. It is not a mobility gain in flat ground, and is only a mobility gain in getting up ledges that have a long run around. Second is Spectral Walk, which is a backtrack that has a glowing trail to the original point. This has zero forward movement gain (actually the opposite), isn’t really an escape in PvP unless the player is a nub, making it just either a life force tool or a “I’m going to spend two utility slots for a super long CD safe stomp”. Third is Dark Path, an extremely slow and obvious chaser that requires a target. Leaps and sprints outpace it, so if you’re trying to catch a runner, you best hope they are close enough it reaches them before it times out, and they don’t know how to dodge. Of course with the specialization, this third option is going away.

Mobility TL/DR: The Dark Path conversion to a spin might help Necro mobility, but how much is to be seen.

- Offensive Support: Necro passes out no might, no fury, no swiftness, no quickness. They have no blasts to support the fields of other players other than a mark that requires an enemy to trigger or sacrificing minions – both situations that are hardly useful in most cases. They also bring zero unique supports from auras or utilities.

- Defensive Support: Necros pass out protection only on spectral wall with a max of 25% uptime assuming players tag wall > wait for it to run out > retag wall before it disappears (which only can happen if traited). You’re not bringing a necro for protection. Regen access can happen with staff Mark of Blood and focus Reaper’s Touch. Necro can keep this up 100% if players clump. Necros have no reflections/projectile protections. They have no water fields, and can’t (reliably) blast water fields. They do have an aoe heal in the form of a well. They have no passive defensive auras or traits that help the party. So while they are slightly better at defensive support than they are at offensive support, when you have classes that are 100 times better at it (Guard, Ele, Engi), why would you ever consider Necro?

(edited by Drawing Guy.3701)

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drawing Guy.3701

Drawing Guy.3701

Part 2 (I like to ramble):

+ Debuffing: This is where Necro is pretty good at it, but faces the issue that it is replicated across most classes. Without having any of the other options checked, this doesn’t help bring the Necro into play. Vuln access is strong for necro. Blind access is middle-ground. They used to be amazing Weakness access until several nerfs, though they’re still better than most if it’s pursued. Chill access is near top, though unless you’re going all out, not high enough to be sustainable. Immobilize access is below average with just one short on a long cooldown and one minion that has it. The only interrupts they have are fears, which in PvE is horrible. In PvP it is ok, but has more ways to counter than any other interrupt in the game. With Vuln access being too easily replicated, chill access not being strong enough, and other debuffs being bettered, there are classes that can bring the debuffs and then some over necro. The update, though, looks like it will be buffing necro chill access along with chill utility, which may make Necro a unique debuffing option.

-/+ DPS: The combination of weak AoE pressure and middle ground single target DPS has always put the Necro at a disadvantage. Power wise they have few/weak scales (which is the key to supported top tier DPS), little might access for unsupported DPS, and lack of cleaves. The cleave access is being fixed, but unless some strong scaling is brought in, they’re power based DPS is still going to be middling. Condi DPS is also middling and looking to not be fixed. Their bleed access is bettered by multiple classes. They completely lack burning other than Dhuumfire, which would at least put them above mesmer if they trait it. No confusion skills. Only one skill with Torment (which is ironic as I would have thought they would make Necro the top access to this). Weak Retaliation access. They do have unique access to Terror, though that faces the unwanted movement in PvE and easy multiple counters in PvP. Condi changes will help necro a bit – since as necros may not be as quick with bleed application which is strong in PvP, their long durations do allow them to stack it higher which is strong in PvE. The removal of bleed caps might see condi viability in PvE.

We’ll see what they plan on having happen in the stream tomorrow.

(edited by Drawing Guy.3701)

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

What i did not see in the blog was any group utility. Looks good for trash mob farming, though.

Cooter may have been a more apt name.

Without having much more information, I worry the slow skills on GS will be too dodgeable, too easily avoided in PvP.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

What i did not see in the blog was any group utility. Looks good for trash mob farming, though.

Cooter may have been a more apt name.

Without having much more information, I worry the slow skills on GS will be too dodgeable, too easily avoided in PvP.

Depending on how their cast/animation works, a long cast time gives you the potential to cancel the cast, forcing dodges without blowing cooldowns, and allowing you to set up combos after they have used their dodge.

I always enjoy watching someone dodge or even double-dodge my Axe #2, just to get hit by the Dagger #3 immob and take the real damage. When you have enough abilities that someone needs to dodge, they have to pick their switch. Knowing how to make the most of the switch you’re given is fun for me, personally, even if the casts take a while.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

^ True, Cogbyrn

Overall, it seems as if Necromancer will be more Frontline power where Revy will be a mid or back line utility profession

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

The reaper spec seems like it will synergize well with every single spec except for a straight condition damage corruption build.
-good for chill based builds (wells, blinds, ect)
-good for minion builds (Rise! shout, cleaves, pulls)
-GREAT for power builds (cleave, huge power scaling, chill)

I expect spite/soul reaping/reaper trait combination to become the new necromancer meta very quickly.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I’ll save my big thoughts for BoC after they announce the tooltips. Currently though, in a vacuum it looks really cool. Great theme, good traits, a single skill that will stack bleeds, deal 6k direct damage, and 15 stacks of poison all in one? Yes please. My only worries are what they mean by long-cast times, what our majors will be, and how the new skills work.

Overall though, I never expected it to fix us in PvE, so if it just makes us fun to play that’s good enough for me.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I actually think a reaper with death nova species could potentially be really interesting, as much as I hate minions. The traits to reduce damage from poisoned and chilled enemies could mingle nicely. Also the vulnerability application seems obvious.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Tune of the lich might be fun with a death knight, gives you another jagged horror, increased condition duration, and some vitality. Now you can be a frontline minion commander instead of a back line politician.

I am excited for these changes….IF. AND ONLY IF we get reliable acces to stability or the defiance bar and good life stealing. If we don’t have that than reaper will be more useless than a truck without tires.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lewis Burnell.2493

Lewis Burnell.2493

The biggest issue I have is that playing a melee necromancer is already a liability, especially considering you have to go berserker gear to achieve good DPS. Without a greater form of mitigation (evasion/more protection/stability/blocks) we’ll still be a liability in PvP because we’ll die too fast (like all Power Necros against any players worth their salt).

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

I actually think a reaper with death nova species could potentially be really interesting, as much as I hate minions. The traits to reduce damage from poisoned and chilled enemies could mingle nicely. Also the vulnerability application seems obvious.

Yes those traits could make for a decent bunker necro build especially with the protection on deathshroud trait on Death Magic.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I’m just worried that the class isn’t built at all to survive this kind of upfront role and I don’t see how an assortment of shouts will change that at all. Even if you ignore the lack of stability and how difficult blinds will be, shroud isn’t enough as it is right now. A single movement skill will not be enough. Especially if we don’t have a trait like Warriors to reduce/remove immobilize.

There’s just A LOT of stuff this one trait line is going to have to provide that I’m worried we won’t see any real diversity or choice.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

IMA call minion reaper now then. With death nova , the reduced damage from poisoned and chilled foes., inate death shroud damage reduction and protection. You will only take 28% of the damage you usually would with minions and yourself leeching.

^My thoughts exactly when I read the blogpost. Just imagine MM actually jumping into a team fight at graveyard with their golem, bone minions, and using the Rise shout to summon 5 horrors and then have them all die just to get 8 death novas exploding all over the point. The poison carnage will be real.

You will have 7 or 7 death novas which will all do around 1~2k damage. not only that but with the 5 target aoe cleave you will do a tone of damage even in a non damage ammy. Not to mention huge toughness and 50% damage reudction out of death shroud with protection on a chilled and poisoned foe.

Thing i see as being a possibility is leech builds, minion builds, minion leech builds, chill builds, power, massive aoe vuln stacking builds.

One thing i had a though on is how the reaper shroud 1 will work. if its a single attack then ok but if its multi hit then it would proc dhuumfire multiple times as well as unyielding. More vuln and burn stacking.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

Maybe the Trooper effect will still work on allies within the radius? We’ll have to see.

Rangers need Nature’s Voice trait for that to work. So no, not unless they change it.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

One of the most immediate things you’ll notice when you take charge of the reaper in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™ is that the greatsword attacks are slow. In fact, most of the reaper’s attacks have a fairly sizeable cast time.

Do they mean ‘slow compared to the default necromancer’s skills’? or slow compared to others?

I’d be fine with that concept, actually, if more classes would play by it. But so far im afraid the pay off just wont be big enough for how easy it is to evade those skills. Just like it is with the default necromancer.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

From someone who doesn’t use his Necro “often”:

• Looks pretty cool, imagewise. And at least you didn’t get a name as bad as Guard’s specialization.
  • I’m digging the Chill/Fear interaction. Especially with some grabs to reverse the “ping-pong” biz onto the enemy.
  • I honestly hope the Defiance bar is a Necro/Reaper thing. It would at least fit the
    “horror flick monster” setup ANet mentions as an inspiration. (You’d never see the likes of Pyramid Head getting tossed all over the freaking field of combat).
  • Congrats on GS. So far, it at least looks like it’ll be a decent Power/Cleave weapon.

Otherwise, I just wish ANet’d get a lil’ less afraid of cranking Lifesteal. Reaper with additional sustain from -literally- taking folks’ life outta ’em … that could be plenty fun.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

One of the most immediate things you’ll notice when you take charge of the reaper in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™ is that the greatsword attacks are slow. In fact, most of the reaper’s attacks have a fairly sizeable cast time.

Do they mean ‘slow compared to the default necromancer’s skills’? or slow compared to others?

I’d be fine with that concept, actually, if more classes would play by it. But so far im afraid the pay off just wont be big enough for how easy it is to evade those skills. Just like it is with the default necromancer.

Hopefully not lifeblast slow, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it acts like Guardian Hammer with the first 2 attacks being nearly 1 second and the last being nearly 2.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

Hopefully not lifeblast slow, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it acts like Guardian Hammer with the first 2 attacks being nearly 1 second and the last being nearly 2.

That would be terrible as writ of persistence is mandatory to make hammer a dps viable weapon in PVE.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I don’t know if ANet thought about that, but long time ago I was suggesting a trait/mechanic which was basically Endurance (dodge fuel) stealing.

I don’t know if people remember those, but:
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Reckless_Haste
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Price_of_Failure

Something similar could work as a base. Let’s say, Taunt and Quickness for opponent, maybe some Confusion. Every time he strikes, he could either get a riposte with damage or effect like losing endurance and giving it to us.

I think it would fit that theme of “fighting a horror”.

Endurance drain could occur while you properly dodge an attack or when one of your attacks is dodged.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

Is it not very likely that some of the shouts will provide advantageous effects partywide? Thinking about buffs or enemy debuffs. Or would they only be beneficial for the necro? Seems weird if that was the case.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Is it not very likely that some of the shouts will provide advantageous effects partywide? Thinking about buffs or enemy debuffs. Or would they only be beneficial for the necro? Seems weird if that was the case.

not weird because ranger shouts function like this.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

oh, well, it looks kind of disappointing.

How about giving us a shout that would be really useful for pve?

Re roll!:

Turns your necro into another random, more useful profession. ANY profession.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Having long cast times in pvp is automatically bad. You will never complete a skill when classes like thieves have spammable insta cast interrupts on zero cd. Also being in melee isnt viable for a necro in pvp.

There is no circumstances where this will be good in pvp. Anet always underestimate cast times importance in the spammable world of pvp where vigor and interrupts are omnipresent

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Roe.3679

Having long cast times in pvp is automatically bad. You will never complete a skill when classes like thieves have spammable insta cast interrupts on zero cd. Also being in melee isnt viable for a necro in pvp.

There is no circumstances where this will be good in pvp. Anet always underestimate cast times importance in the spammable world of pvp where vigor and interrupts are omnipresent

It must be wonderful to have the confidence to make such solid judgements on things based off almost no information. We don’t have cast times, we haven’t seen even half of the skills, we don’t know set ups, or cooldowns, or synergies, or fields, or finishers. You’re basing this off of descriptions that could easily be subjective and could be no different whatsoever than current necro skills, which are already very slow. I don’t know about you, but thieves don’t constantly spam me with interrupts when I’m casting life blast. Probably because it’s a massIve initiative cost to do so.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

It must be wonderful to have the confidence to make such solid judgements on things based off almost no information. We don’t have cast times, we haven’t seen even half of the skills, we don’t know set ups, or cooldowns, or synergies, or fields, or finishers. You’re basing this off of descriptions that could easily be subjective and could be no different whatsoever than current necro skills, which are already very slow. I don’t know about you, but thieves don’t constantly spam me with interrupts when I’m casting life blast. Probably because it’s a massIve initiative cost to do so.

If you want to see my track record on predicting the impact of changes then check my post history. It is called understanding the game and understanding the mistakes anet make time and time again.

For example, anet often try to nerf skills and traits by reducing the condi duration and lowering its cd. In a world of constant condi cleanse these attempted nerfs turn into buffs. As with panic strike and nightmare runes.

Another common error they make is to underestimate the effect of cast times. Interrupts, blinds, vigor, blocks and evades are everywhere. This means sloe cast times with hard hitting skills are fundamentaly bad vs players who are good enough so know how to spam. In addition, most of the damage in the game is based on procs from traits and sigils. You need this spike to overcome the constant healing and regen that is around. With slow speed attacks you simply wont hit anything in pvp. Even if you had perma stab slow attacks is backbreaking.

It is simple, i know from experience the balance mistakes anet makes. They will underestimate the kittentiness of slow attacks

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Let’s all calm down and remember they want the reaper as big bad unstoppable boss like a PvE boss slow but heavy hitting another reason the defiance will probably be found in a GM, PvE boss vs PvE boss seems fair… this is not suited for PvP based on current info unless we get low CD on soft cc and of course ice auras and refelects, if we still have this DS is enough defense at least punish foes for hitting us. Hell I might avoid GS and use the rest but of course we have to wait for PoI.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

Let’s all calm down and remember they want the reaper as big bad unstoppable boss like a PvE boss

You mean the same kind of big bad unstoppable PvE bosses people stack on in corners and never get hit by ever.

Attachments:

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Cogbyrn.7283

If you want to see my track record on predicting the impact of changes then check my post history. It is called understanding the game and understanding the mistakes anet make time and time again.

When you complain about everything, you’re bound to hit the mark on something.

You can cancel long cast times to force people to blow their dodge without wasting a CD, as well.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Roe.3679

For example, anet often try to nerf skills and traits by reducing the condi duration and lowering its cd. In a world of constant condi cleanse these attempted nerfs turn into buffs. As with panic strike and nightmare runes.

Another common error they make is to underestimate the effect of cast times. Interrupts, blinds, vigor, blocks and evades are everywhere. This means sloe cast times with hard hitting skills are fundamentaly bad vs players who are good enough so know how to spam. In addition, most of the damage in the game is based on procs from traits and sigils. You need this spike to overcome the constant healing and regen that is around. With slow speed attacks you simply wont hit anything in pvp. Even if you had perma stab slow attacks is backbreaking.

It is simple, i know from experience the balance mistakes anet makes. They will underestimate the kittentiness of slow attacks

You really ran with that slow thing. You haven’t even seen it yet. Watch the video, nothing seems very slow there. Especially nothing slower than what we already have. But you know the game so well, right? So you already knew that.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Let’s all calm down and remember they want the reaper as big bad unstoppable boss like a PvE boss

You mean the same kind of big bad unstoppable PvE bosses people stack on in corners and never get hit by ever.

Yes yes I wasn’t lying to my self when I said that how they see necro,I will not go in details on how it became imminent but yes. The same big bad guys that created “good guys always win”.. At least role players get a good character but let’s save feedback if we are proven wrong.

The Dhuumfire thread

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Aktium.9506

Especially nothing slower than what we already have.

You say that like Necro’s current slow skills and slow everything isn’t already a problem.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Roe.3679

You say that like Necro’s current slow skills and slow everything isn’t already a problem.

It sure isn’t ideal, but it works for me. And my point is more that people are acting like we won’t land a single attack because it’s going to be THAT slow when that is clearly not the case since the description already applies.

Hammers are pretty slow across the board. Shatters are fairly slow. All necro attacks are slow, so are warrior longbows and a decent bit of engineer skills. Yet they all stilll work.

(edited by Roe.3679)

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Aktium.9506

It sure isn’t ideal, but it works for me. And my point is more that people are acting like we won’t land a single attack because it’s going to be THAT slow when that is clearly not the case since the description already applies.

When the class simply doesn’t allow you to react to for example a Thief who rolls up to you and starts weaving Pistol 4 between attacks to daze you before you can get anything off because everything is slow to activate or cast it’s a pretty big problem I’d say.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Cogbyrn.7283

When the class simply doesn’t allow you to react to for example a Thief who rolls up to you and starts weaving Pistol 4 between attacks to daze you before you can get anything off because everything is slow to activate or cast it’s a pretty big problem I’d say.

Bait one of the interrupts by starting a cast and canceling it. Then they waste initiative for nothing.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Aktium.9506

Bait one of the interrupts by starting a cast and canceling it. Then they waste initiative for nothing.

My health is worth more than a Thief’s initiative. Besides, I already know how do use stow for cancels. It won’t do diddly to help against a Lockdown Mes or D/P Thief gunning for you when you’re low on DS or simply got no DS at all.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

The reaper spec seems like it will synergize well with every single spec except for a straight condition damage corruption build.
-good for chill based builds (wells, blinds, ect)
-good for minion builds (Rise! shout, cleaves, pulls)
-GREAT for power builds (cleave, huge power scaling, chill)

I expect spite/soul reaping/reaper trait combination to become the new necromancer meta very quickly.

I think they could make a pretty good condi build, assuming Dhuumfire works with Reaper’s Shroud. Who wouldn’t want a cleaving AA that stacks burning? especially if you swapped to Scepter/X with Lingering Curse beforehand to get 6s burns.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

In before “Frostbite”: Chills deal additional damage over time, modified by power."

I’d use it.

Same, that would be cool….

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Watching the animations again. I really hope that GS spin attack isn’t a kitten self-root…

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)