Meet the Reaper!

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

Well its nice that our siphons work in shroud but i think its just distracting us.

I just think it won’t work, we needed that defiance bar and lockdown mesmers are just going to rip us apart. I thought our saving grace was if they made all shouts stunbreakers but they didnt.

Its cool and all but i think the reality is that is just will not work as they expect it to. Typical necro tbh looks good on paper but just gets destroyed by interrupts.

Another this is that they talked about the big wind up paying off in trade for big damage but I just didn’t see enough base damage on the skills apart from #2.

you get pulsing stability per second for 8 seconds, on a 20 second cool down.
thats pretty good stability up time.

What I’m really interested in is this : Infusing Terror give you stability every pulse for a short duration. Once activated, Infusing Terror can be activated again to trigger Terrify. Stability does not end when you exit Reaper’s Shroud.

Does this mean we can pop DS, activate Infusing Terror, leave DS and keep the puling stability? Or does it just mean we retain the current stack of STAB?

If it is the former that might be actually pretty kitten good…especially since all those cooldowns (subject to change, yada yada) are affected by path of midnight.

you probably lose the effect that keeps pulsing it, so if you leave early, you probably get like 3 seconds of stability or so.

Someone else already said it’s pretty much considered an effect so you will keep the pulsing… And you should. Losing the rest of x seconds stab (or any boon, really) was never a thing when transitioning from DS to normal before, so I’m now pretty sure they meant the pulsing effect transitioning.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shalla.3967

Shalla.3967

As someone who has refused to play anything but Necro since the beta, I can truly say that I’m SO excited right now.

Shalla
Asura Quagganmancer

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Well its nice that our siphons work in shroud but i think its just distracting us.

I just think it won’t work, we needed that defiance bar and lockdown mesmers are just going to rip us apart. I thought our saving grace was if they made all shouts stunbreakers but they didnt.

Its cool and all but i think the reality is that is just will not work as they expect it to. Typical necro tbh looks good on paper but just gets destroyed by interrupts.

Another this is that they talked about the big wind up paying off in trade for big damage but I just didn’t see enough base damage on the skills apart from #2.

you get pulsing stability per second for 8 seconds, on a 20 second cool down.
thats pretty good stability up time.

What I’m really interested in is this : Infusing Terror give you stability every pulse for a short duration. Once activated, Infusing Terror can be activated again to trigger Terrify. Stability does not end when you exit Reaper’s Shroud.

Does this mean we can pop DS, activate Infusing Terror, leave DS and keep the puling stability? Or does it just mean we retain the current stack of STAB?

If it is the former that might be actually pretty kitten good…especially since all those cooldowns (subject to change, yada yada) are affected by path of midnight.

you probably lose the effect that keeps pulsing it, so if you leave early, you probably get like 3 seconds of stability or so.

Someone else already said it’s pretty much considered an effect so you will keep the pulsing… And you should. Losing the rest of x seconds stab (or any boon, really) was never a thing when transitioning from DS to normal before, so I’m now pretty sure they meant the pulsing effect transitioning.

hmm well, interesting if thats the case

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: DonFurtuna.7340

DonFurtuna.7340

<rant>
I’m curious as to how necro will fit in the dungeon meta now that warrior has been nerfed and necro has party support. Oh wait.
Anyway, according to Robert, 5 sec might stacks are too high. Apparently a skill that gives 10 stacks to your whole party that last for twice the duration is balanced and fair.
They should rename this game to Guild Warriors 2.
What you would rather have? A 3000 damage nuke or a 100 damage skill with 300 bleeds a second for 10 seconds? Because that’s what this game is. That’s what this class is.
</rant>

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

Somthing that bothered me was that the character used in the demonstration never did more than 3.8k with the greatsword BIG attack meanwhile the DH was doing 4.5k burn ticks and 4.8k true shots with lower cast time and more range. I know they still have to tweak the numbers, but either reaper needs a huge buff or DH will be a huge disappointment

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

We don’t know what gear they were using, numbers aren’t something I’d worry about right now, I’d stick to the concept first.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Somthing that bothered me was that the character used in the demonstration never did more than 3.8k with the greatsword BIG attack meanwhile the DH was doing 4.5k burn ticks and 4.8k true shots with lower cast time and more range. I know they still have to tweak the numbers, but either reaper needs a huge buff or DH will be a huge disappointment

I wouldn’t get too caught up in the numbers, there seemed to be some different amulets in those scenarios. The necro amulet was definitely not a zerk amulet.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Also i bet the shouts have cast times or their effects will be pathetic on long cds. Probably cast times cos anet will be worried about insta cast damage

Told you

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

I wouldn’t get too caught up in the numbers, there seemed to be some different amulets in those scenarios. The necro amulet was definitely not a zerk amulet.

The guard was using carrion I was surprised at the 4.8k trueshots, the burns not so much cause I think they are not done working on the condition overhaul.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

Meet: The Reaper
- That was suppose to be for The Necromancer Profession
——————————————————————————————————————-

I Am Very Disappointed!!

Why? Is this what a reaper is? With a Great sword? and with chill Element?

Is not Chill Element belong to Elementalist Profession? What connection/relationship does communicating with the dead and raising the dead spirits have with an element?
Absolutely~ Nothing!!

So all of sudden: a necromancer profession become a element focus?

What connection/relationship does reaper have with great sword? Absolutely-Nothing?

Reaper: “A reaper is a farming tool or person that reaps (cuts and gathers) crops at harvest, when they are ripe. – Hand reaping is done by various means, including plucking the ears of grains directly by hand, cutting the grain stalks with a sickle, cutting them with a scythe, or with a later type of scythe called a cradle”

I do not see great sword as a reaper farming tool: where is it?

Sickle, Cradle and Scythe?

“In the aspect of the reaper or harvester, this is the spirit of death cutting down humans to harvest the souls”

Last:

First it was Guardian Profession: Dragon Hunter which make Absolute No Sense! with its profession role, Now it is Necromancer Profession: Reaper which make same Absolute No Sense! with its profession role..

I feel Arena net is refusing to innovate the Guardian Profession and the Necromancer Profession into something more meaningful and wonderful.

" Creativity is the process of having original ideas that have value "

Attachments:

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Also i bet the shouts have cast times or their effects will be pathetic on long cds. Probably cast times cos anet will be worried about insta cast damage

Told you

20s heal
25/35/40/40 for utilities
120 for elite

These aren’t remotely too long, and they can be heavily reduced (35%) to 13/16.25/22.75/26/78. Both CDs are absolutely reasonable, and the effects are extremely strong, and in very large areas of effect (600 radius).

Is not Chill Element belong to Elementalist Profession? What connection/relationship does communicating with the dead and raising the dead spirits have with an element?
Absolutely~ Nothing!!

You honestly could have just said “I know literally nothing about GW2’s Necromancer, but here is my opinion anyway!” Chill is absolutely core to the theme of Necromancer, has been for 10 years.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

I Am Very Disappointed!!

Absolutely~ Nothing!!

What connection/relationship does reaper have with great sword? Absolutely-Nothing?

Reaper: “A reaper is a farming tool or person that reaps (cuts and gathers) crops at harvest, when they are ripe. – Hand reaping is done by various means, including plucking the ears of grains directly by hand, cutting the grain stalks with a sickle, cutting them with a scythe, or with a later type of scythe called a cradle”

Last:

First it was Guardian Profession: Dragon Hunter which make Absolute No Sense! with its profession role, Now it is Necromancer Profession: Reaper which make same Absolute No Sense! with its profession role..

I feel Arena net is refusing to innovate the Guardian Profession and the Necromancer Profession into something more meaningful and wonderful.

Moot point since there is no “scythe” weapon in the game unless you count the staff skins that look like scythes.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Papish.5806

Papish.5806

Also lots of things are open to interpretation, and specifically Necromancer who is most aligned with Grenth: the god of death and CHILL makes perfect sense so yea…

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

DarkSyze.8627

I Am Very Disappointed!!

Absolutely~ Nothing!!

Last:

Moot point since there is no “scythe” weapon in the game unless you count the staff skins that look like scythes.

I see that you do not play Necromancer Profession.

Necromancer Profession! have a weapon skill that use Scythe attack that is called: Reaper’s Scythe. There is even a Scythe image in the skill.

It make sense to give the necromancer profession a Scythe weapon in connection/relationship with the skill, so why Arena net did not?

Again,

What connection/relationship/value and original ideas do Great Sword have with Necromancer profession?

What connection/relationship and value do a profession who communicate with the dead and raising the dead spirit have to do with a element?

Absolutely,

Nothing!

Elementalist — “Master of the elements; elementalists change their elemental attunement in battle to adapt to any situation”.

Examples: Elements?

1. Fire
2. Ice
3. Thunder
4. Earth
5. Wind
6. Water

Etc…

Necromancer — “Master of the dark arts; necromancers draw on life force and use it to strengthen or heal themselves and other”

Examples: Dark Arts?

1. Black Magic
2. Necromancy
3. Sorcery

Etc…
———————————————————————————————————-

What does the Reaper carry – a Sickle or Scythe?”

“In the aspect of the reaper or harvester, this is the spirit of death cutting down humans to harvest the souls”.

Ankur

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

Necromancer Profession! have a weapon skill that use Scythe attack that is called: Reaper’s Scythe. There is even a Scythe image in the skill.

Thief has a skill called Death Blossom, yet Thief has no Flower weapon option. Why, this is downright unacceptable. I demand a Flower weapon for Thief.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

I Am Very Disappointed!!

Absolutely~ Nothing!!

Chill (specifically, cold damage) has always been a part of the necro since guild wars 1. That’s where they get the idea from. A lot of the skills necromancers that dealt damage directly to enemies used cold damage.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Ok so just watched the POI and Im happy with the GS/DS skills. Playing around with some ideas for builds in my head. The core trait system changes and HoT can’t come soon enough.

Necromancer Main

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

I Am Very Disappointed!!

Absolutely~ Nothing!!

Sickle, Cradle and Scythe?

“In the aspect of the reaper or harvester, this is the spirit of death cutting down humans to harvest the souls”

Last:

Chill should always have been necromancers forte.
grenth is known for ice
“Grenth is the god of darkness, ice, and death.”

im sorry elementalist stole necromancers gimmick, well i guess thats their thing, stole water fire and ice from the other gods and added water.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

I Am Very Disappointed!!

Absolutely~ Nothing!!

Hello, Necromancer main in GW1 here,

Maybe you should do more research before spouting nonsense;

Grenth is the God of Death and Ice. He is the patron god of Assassins, Water Elementalists, Necromancers, and Ritualists, and is linked to the Season of the Colossus in the Elonian calendar.

Ice is not good enough a hint?

About:Grenth

Edit: Bonus

Death Magic
Increases the duration and effectiveness of skills that deal cold and shadow damage to enemies as well as those that increase the effectiveness of your undead minions. The higher the Death Magic Attribute is, the more undead servants you may control at one time.

About:Necromancer

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

(edited by GoogleBrandon.5073)

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

DarkSyze.8627

Nonsense? Congratulation! on your new “innovated specialization”. I believe in preserving original ideas and improving them with meaningful innovation.

You give Arena net more reason to destroy Necromancer roots. So now Necromancer is Grenth, than next will be something else, than something else…..

Good Luck!

I no longer will support Necromancer Profession and will no longer continue Sympathize whatever happen to that profession.

By the way…

Necromancer Profession is not a God, Necromancer is not Grenth. A person who practive Necromancy is not a God.

“Necromancy /?n?kr??mænsi/ or nigromancy is a form of magic involving communication with the deceased – either by summoning their spirit as an apparition or raising them bodily – for the purpose of divination, imparting the means to foretell future events or discover hidden knowledge, or to use the deceased as a weapon, as the term may sometimes be used in a more general sense to refer to black magic or witchcraft "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necromancy

“Necromancers , calling on the spirits of the dead, and even death itself, to overpower enemies and assist allies. In sacrificing Health and taking curses and diseases upon themselves, they can deal large amounts of damage to those foolish enough to oppose them. Dead and dying enemies become unwilling allies in their hands. Necromancers have the singular ability to absorb Energy from an enemy’s death, and can raise a fighting force from the corpses of their foes. Curses, which of often cost the Necromancer dearly, exact an even greater toll from enemies, who find that their Enchantments and healing skills are rendered useless. Due to the sacrificial nature of their methods, Necromancers must practice patience and self-discipline to survive”.

One who has learned to draw power from the blood sacrifice and communion with death, the Necromancer uses black magic to cast curses and raise undead minions”.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Necromancer

Again,

Good Luck!

Ankur

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

I love the Reaper, fits perfectly to the necromancer. Time to dust off my necro afterall x)

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

@DarkSyze
Can you do me a favour and just leave any real world anology or interpretation out of a freaking discussion forum of a Video Game?

Anet has set up their own world and rules, of which the effects have been implemented for over 10 years now… Does Necromancer not fit your ideology or that of the “regular world”? Tough luck, they are not here to please an individual, and neither are they projecting exact copies of fantasy tropes within the game

If you say goodluck, then I hope you meant “farewell” because you are upset because of your very own reasoninng to dislike the theme set up by Arenanet … Write a ticket if it hits you so personally, who knows, maybe in GW3 they make your perfect Necro

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: unlucky.9285

unlucky.9285

awesome, even more skills that the other professions can dodge and interrupt with little effort nice work

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andlat Helsonr.1284

Andlat Helsonr.1284

awesome, even more skills that the other professions can dodge and interrupt with little effort nice work

Well yes, but, you know, the theme is cool. At least now we can get some stab in shroud so that we can pull off a consume conditions without getting interrupted as easily. Still possible, but will require a bit more work.

We will absolutely get demolished by anything ranged, though. We do not remotely have enough gap closers, and now that life blast is gone all we have to kill the 1200-1500 range spamming foes is staff.

I suppose that is not supposed to be the forte of the class, so we will have to try and stick with the team, with someone peeling for us and providing support. Maybe the payoff for that would be better than the one for the same effort spent on current necromancer.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

First impression feedback

Group utility was one thing I was hoping to see more of. I think there was improvement, particularly in AoE CC and debuff, but the rest I will have to trust to Arenanet as they rework PvE and mob AI.

Blood Magic is apparently still under review for siphon / sustain. Crossing my fingers here, too. Getting some form a healing through DS should help, too, but I would not want it tied to particular builds. It could be stronger when traited but I was hoping a small fraction of all heals would be let through. Just like damaging or killing opponents generates small amounts of Life Force, receiving a heal while in DS should let a small amount of it through to health (2-4%).

Chill has very good synergy with the current skills and traits. Necromancer is all about power, now. Reaper should work a lot better with chill than any previous chill build, even back when superior runes worked very well in pairs and quads.

Condition damage looks less important than ever. Dhuumfire is still an obscure trait and will have to stay that way. No one will build Necromancer gear around the burning condition and it is stuck in Curses with scepter and condition damage. Raising the bleed cap in PvE may be the saving grace for condition builds, there.

Curses seems less important to the core Necromancer skill set so pure condition damage builds with low power output may go away in favor of hybrid-type builds. With three full lines to trait, I expect Curses to ride shotgun more often than being in the driver’s seat. Corrupt-shout Reaper may be too weird. We’ll just have to see how it works out. Corruption utilities may lose out for having low synergy.

Shout-well Reaper looks promising as well as a spectral Reaper. Spite ought to work very well. Any skills with chill or AoE have potential synergy.

Mobility is improved, though it is hard to say more at this point. The whirl finishers are a huge relief. Any finishers at all are a massive improvement. The emphasis on chill and the new gap-closers really help and lead me to believe PvE Necro’s will use a lot of Reaper even after the shine wears off.

Without Reaper, Necromancer may not see any PvE performance improvement and be sort of stuck with limited build variety like Warrior and banners.

Minion Master gets some love, I think, from Reaper, but not overly much. Still waiting on AI improvements. The gap closer on great sword may pull targets into position for minions to aggro but the Necromancer may as well do all the work with cleave. Minions are pretty much single-target dps and exploding flesh bags of poison that are good on vets in PvE and maybe not horrible in PvP but definitely bad on bosses able to wipe them and at handling multiple trash mobs. That is a pretty narrow range of goodness. Shouts definitely look better with Reaper than pets do. Death Magic may end up being neglected.

Popular lines to take may be
Spite, Curses, Reaper – hybrid condi shouts
Spite, Blood Magic, Reaper – power/support wells
Curses, Soul Reaping, Reaper – hybrid DS spectral
Spite, Soul Reaping, Reaper – power DS shout

War horn and off-hand dagger may lose a bit of run time to focus. Horn, in particular, may lose a touch of its popularity if Spectral Walk is taken more often. Focus definitely improved with the chill build.

Meet the Reaper!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Omocha.4931

Omocha.4931

While I agree with you on most, the support that necros are lacking is offensive support. The ability to blast or provide fire fields, the ability to grant might and/or fury to allies, unique buffs like spotter, empower allies etc. Their damage is on par with everyone else they just dont bring anything to the party that someone else already has without hindering the party ( wells overwritting firefields, 2 target cleave, fear moving stuff etc)

It still feels pretty awkward to ask for more on a class that excels in both power and conditions builds and provides decent party support, while still having really good survivability utilities and mechanics.
Rangers have little (if any) party support (beside their spirits which tend to eat up a lot of trait specs). Pretty low survivability, poor condi removal, weak condition damage. Even their dps isn’t making them a desired class in any dungeon run.
Thieves have even worst surivability, bad condition damage, short range, almost no stability skill or swiftness ones, the initiative based attacks makes them the only class in the game that can’t spam skills and let’s not forget about that one extra enemy in their skillset (shadowsteps), virtually no condition removal (certainly not suited for the condition-frenzy world of Tyria). And I’m pretty sure most of the players consider them usefull in a group only because of the lengthy group stealth they can provide.
So talking about class improvements in general, I’m pretty sure necros aren’t really deserving a top spot in a priority queue.

All in all, giving one class way too many powers kinda locks out the “weaker” ones. Just looking at lfg for instances gives a strong idea about it (“War/Ele/Guard only” ads tend to fill up all the recruitment lists)