Melee Death Shroud

Melee Death Shroud

in Necromancer

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

When you go into Death Shroud, you should get a scythe you use to cleave foes with!

1-1 Reaping Slash
Slash your foe.
Damage: 341
Life force: 1%
Range: 150

1-2 Reaping Strike
Strike your foe again.
Damage: 438
Life force: 1%
Range: 150

1-3 Reaver
Reap health from nearby foes, this restores your health pool in Death Shroud.
Damage: 558
Heal per foe: 558
Combo Finisher: Whirl
Range: 600

Soul Reaping
Soul Reaver Reaver also steals 3% Life Force from each foe it hits.

Spite
Reaper’s Might – Gain might on a critical hit while in Death Shroud.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

Melee Death Shroud

in Necromancer

Posted by: Saschare.2049

Saschare.2049

No. If you have got problems with LF in melee DS – use WH.

Melee Death Shroud

in Necromancer

Posted by: Machspeedtwo.1342

Machspeedtwo.1342

Just play a warrior. :p

Melee Death Shroud

in Necromancer

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

When you go into Death Shroud, you should get a scythe you use to cleave foes with!

This is by far your best suggestion on the entire forum. But I would take a different approach. Leave the F1 as it is and add a F2 deathshoud – one melee and one range.

Either way – I love it.

Melee Death Shroud

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Or give us these skills or similar on a GS or sword!

Melee Death Shroud

in Necromancer

Molch.2078

No. I want a scythe. End of discussion.

Melee Death Shroud

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

There will be no scythe for a while though xd. I really want a sword. Stygian blade + Malefacterym would look awesomesauce.

Melee Death Shroud

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

There will be no scythe for a while though xd. I really want a sword. Stygian blade + Malefacterym would look awesomesauce.

Despite the flawed subjective reasoning yeah swords would be good on necros (if possible dual weild, just as axe should…). Also that DS is just Spear from UW… And while i do want the UW weapons (and UW DS) on land, it would be quite redundant if added to DS.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

Melee Death Shroud

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

We already have scythes, both as standard staff skins and our own particles that are added on when using a staff. It’d be redundant to have more scythes.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Melee Death Shroud

in Necromancer

Molch.2078

We already have scythes, both as standard staff skins and our own particles that are added on when using a staff. It’d be redundant to have more scythes.

Have you ever played a derwish in GW1?

Melee Death Shroud

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Yes. And now I’m playing a NECROMANCER. If you want dervishes go and ask for them.

My PvP Minion Build

Melee Death Shroud

in Necromancer

Posted by: Riot Inducer.8964

Riot Inducer.8964

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, what we need are two-handed axes. Scythes are too niche to be their own weapon class, but necros already have one-handed axes and it’d be pretty easy to just have a few two-handed axe skins be scythes.

Melee Death Shroud

in Necromancer

Molch.2078

Yes. And now I’m playing a NECROMANCER. If you want dervishes go and ask for them.

And you don’t think the weapon used by the grim reaper himself would fit the necromancers style?

Btw I am not asking for a scythe as a weapon like a greatsword or something. I want a melee-based F2 deathshroud and I think this would look awesome with a scythe.

Melee Death Shroud

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

I agree , at least we will have cleave attacks
I think that F2 traits should be merged with F1 ones.

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

Melee Death Shroud

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

And you don’t think the weapon used by the grim reaper himself would fit the necromancers style?

You know that the grim reaper/angel of death/anthropomorphic personification of deaths first descriptions were a old man with a beam scale and longsword (that was then kindly taken by Religion and then finally the justice system after a bit of sexualisation, sadly it makes a lot of sense, i mean if Dante could do fanfics about himself that are then big works of art do you really actual people with power didnt? I mean every king/emperor/kaiser/pharaoh was a “son of god” or whatever).

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

Melee Death Shroud

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Yeah! Infinite death shroud with your Idea. And I’m sur it also cleave. So awesome it would deserve the nerf bat asaps…

Well, that’s an idea that will never happen but it’s interesting.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

Melee Death Shroud

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

You know that the grim reaper/angel of death/anthropomorphic personification of deaths first descriptions were a old man with a beam scale and longsword (that was then kindly taken by Religion and then finally the justice system after a bit of sexualisation, sadly it makes a lot of sense, i mean if Dante could do fanfics about himself that are then big works of art do you really actual people with power didnt? I mean every king/emperor/kaiser/pharaoh was a “son of god” or whatever).

Did you just go completely off topic?

Melee Death Shroud

in Necromancer

Posted by: psygate.5632

psygate.5632

I don’t like the thought of a melee death shroud, since it’s vital for me to be able to still kite while in my shroud. BUT I love the idea of a scythe. Why can’t we have a scythe and use ranged attacks? Life blast has a long enough animation to have us swing the scythe and release the blast like a ball thrown from a bat. Also, Dark path, we could throw that scythe at the enemy, with an attached chain. It’s a more obvious animation and would help players recognize it. (Dark path is kinda hard to judge when exactly it hits.). Doom, well… Have us ram our scythe into the ground, like gandalf. Mostly it is a “You shall not hit me” skill. Lifeblast looks nice, but could be bundled into a scythe. And tainted shackles, well, ARENANET make them look like shackles please. Not like some gooy ooze coming out of me. thxkbay

TL; DR:
Melee shroud is a bad idea. If someone dodges you gap closer, well, you are out of luck. Your shroud is now there to be drained, while you run at your opponent.

Nostalgyus-Necromancer (Kodash)

Melee Death Shroud

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

The Grim Reaper is a Western (essentially white people) thing. It doesn’t fit with anyone that wasn’t raised in Western culture (NA, Europe), because they have their own symbols of death that use their own weapons. Also, this isn’t “real life” we go off of the game’s lore.

Scythes aren’t, to my knowledge, associated with Necromancers in any way. Its just people raised in Western culture that want to RP as Death.

My PvP Minion Build

Melee Death Shroud

in Necromancer

Molch.2078

Scythes aren’t, to my knowledge, associated with Necromancers in any way. Its just people raised in Western culture that want to RP as Death.

Ofc they are, staff already uses a scythe-like animation.

Melee Death Shroud

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Actual scythes, not little smokey things we put on top of our staff. And I was talking lore. ANet decided to throw it on for flavor, but I don’t think there is any lore-based reason that would link scythes and Necros any more than pistols and necros. Dhuum used a scythe, but that is the closest I see.

My PvP Minion Build