Melee Necromancer vs Warrior/Guardian wvw?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dead Muppet.9718

Dead Muppet.9718

Is it possible to go toe to toe with a warrior/guardian in melee.
With say a dagger/siphon, wells that heal and give protection spec…?

By possible I mean is this a viable option for this scenario, a melee necromancer?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jayce.5632

Jayce.5632

no, not viable at all. you would spend your entire time wondering which way is up.

edit: meaning against two classes with multiple ways to hard CC, you would live long enough to dodge provided that you was not immobilized.

i7-6700K – M.2 PCIe 512GB R/W:2500/1500MB/s
GTX 980M – SSD 512GB R/W:550/520MB/s
17.3" 1080p – 32GB 2400MHz DDR4

(edited by Jayce.5632)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Warriors and guardians both outclass the necromancer in DPS and in defense.
You’d think it would be either one or the other. But no, it’s both.

Balance.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pelopidas.2140

Pelopidas.2140

Seriously, guardian better dps ? and warriors arent that difficult to win…and for guardian you need to act fast and interrupt his major heal and burst him afterwards.

on topic : 1v1 melee, difficult…cause we lack cc while they dont, except for doom + immob if u have dagger…well of corruption/corrupt boon would be a problem for a guardian, and well of darkness can save you from some tough warrior hits..anyway imo it can be done ofc, u need to have right utility skills though.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Draehl.2681

Draehl.2681

I routinely destroy Warriors/Guardians 1v1. Soldier gear/wells Dagger/X + Staff. My problem are the classes you can’t lay a hand on- specifically stealth thieves and mesmers. They continually reset the fight and are impossible to kill with sustained damage. I’m sure a ’zerker axe build might could pull it off though- but that build might not be able to kill the same Warrior/Guardian I can kill.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Yes. They get wrecked the same as any other non mesmer/SD thief.

By possible I mean is this a viable option for this scenario, a melee necromancer?

No because those are terrible traits to choose.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in Necromancer

Dead Muppet.9718

Yes. They get wrecked the same as any other non mesmer/SD thief.

No because those are terrible traits to choose.

So there are better traits to choose to go melee toe to toe with these 2 classes? Could you post them/spec?

in Necromancer

Posted by: sheelzi.5803

sheelzi.5803

Nuke them with lich form, or as Pelopidas mentioned use corrupt boon and if you time it right you can just stand back and watch them die a horrible conditions death.

Cyrsly – Necromancer – Whiteside Ridge

in Necromancer

Dead Muppet.9718

Nuke them with lich form, or as Pelopidas mentioned use corrupt boon and if you time it right you can just stand back and watch them die a horrible conditions death.

I understand there are alternative specs/better ones out there that people may like/prefer.

Im specifically asking about melee daggers utilizing the vamp abilities with wells and protection.

It seems like it would be viable on paper, but in practice I just dont know anything about the class other than theorycrafting.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pelopidas.2140

Pelopidas.2140

Nah vamp abilities in 1v1 suck. Vamp is nice when you have many minions and all of them siphon health, or the best part for me is siphoning with wells against 3+ enemies, i think healing there can go up to 500 per sec..so in wvw for example place 2x wells in middle of zerg and enjoy

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yendorion.2381

Yendorion.2381

Necro does great in WvW Zergs big or small down to a few people but in the situation you describe when caught alone, Avoid, Run, Hide, they’ll wear you down before you realize it wasn’t worth the effort… rather face a thief.

(edited by Yendorion.2381)