Minion Health Regen

Minion Health Regen

in Necromancer

Posted by: Afropenguinn.3675

Afropenguinn.3675

I really love being a necromancer in pretty much every game I play. I like swarming my enemies with mass armies, and GW2 lets me do that more than any other MMO. But my biggest complaint has to be the downtime after each fight. I either go into my next fight with far less power than the one I just entered, or a spend a good solid minute resummoning all of my minions. But my semi-OCD just wants me to be at my fullest before every fight so I almost always do that latter, taking usually around a minute of standing still after each fight. I was just wondering why minions can’t regenerate health aside from the flesh golem?

Minion Health Regen

in Necromancer

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

Just think, the little horrors actually might do something and we might even be able to get all 5 up besides when in lich form. Heck that would go along way to making them viable in explore modes if they already didnt die so quickly besides the flesh golem. I am stuck playing a condition necro because playing MM in explores just isn’t viable since they will be dead before they do anything useful normally.

Minion Health Regen

in Necromancer

Posted by: Alamir.6207

Alamir.6207

tbh i can see why they didnt give all our minions auto regen besides the flesh. if you run mm spec for wvw or spvp they really are really great i can take on 3 v 1 on my necro with my minions out. when u have the 50% hp bonus on them they dont die as much as people say. i stack vit/lots of healing power with toughness as last. so my mark of blood is healing alot on top of that i use superior sigil of life which adds more to my healing and then wells of blood.

im not saying they dont die just saying they dont die as much and most of the time i only loose 1 minion. only time i loose all my minion is if im getting ganked by 3 people. and for pve its great too some dungeons not so great like cof. but in arah or coe my minions actually do really well. again not saying they dont die, but usually i can spawn them fast enough to keep em up float.

Minion Health Regen

in Necromancer

Afropenguinn.3675

Jagged horrors are not what I am talking about, they are fine as is. They require only 5 points into a tree and usually live long enough to get out around 3-5 hits. Not to mention while they are out you gain an extra 20 toughness, which also adds to power. For a trait that only costs 5 I would say they are worth it.

Minion Health Regen

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

20 toughness, with 5% going to power, is a whopping +1 to power…

Honestly, looking at most of the percentage “bonuses” in this game results in them providing basically no difference unless stacked with extreme focus.

Minion Health Regen

in Necromancer

Afropenguinn.3675

Not related to the topic.

Minion Health Regen

in Necromancer

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

I am sorry, i was using the little horrors as a example be it a poor one, but mostly all minions die to quickly for my tastes in explore modes. I’ve tried them in at least two paths of cof, arah, ta, ac, and coe all minions die to quickly before they do acceptable damage and it always seemed like mobs took longer to kill when i was using the minions over cons and well setups. Now they are good for leveling purposes and they do distract mobs while i mine ore or get a commune skill point i cant deny that. Nor do i want them to always be on my skill bar but i want to actually want to use them over my wells or other skills in fights.

I already swap skills between fights and depending on name fight but the minion skills just are not as good as other skills because of bad AI, destroying them so i can re-summon for health is not efficient, and like i said things seem to take longer to kill. One good things about the minion bone fiends have amazing damage when you blow them up.

Minion Health Regen

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Heh, yea those bone fiends may well pack the biggest non-elite burst we necros possess at the moment. but in the grand scheme of tings, even that leave us wanting.

IF that golem did not regenerate out of fights i would take it as designed. But as long as it does, and the rest do not, i label their non-regeneration as a bug. The alternative, that we are supposed to drop WOB between fights, just seem like adding insult to injury. Especially as nothing else in the game seems to require that kind of post-fight care.

Heck, the whole game seems to be designed around discouraging support efforts (beyond the odd Samaritan action of reviving a fallen character while trekking between locations).

Minion Health Regen

in Necromancer

Afropenguinn.3675

I always found my damage to be on par with, or even greater than, other proffesions when all my minions are doing as they should. It makes sense because they are basically a passive sigil that can be destroyed by your opponent. So they are more potent but easier to get rid of. Risk:Reward. Problem being when they are one hit from death that means you take a penalty regardless of what you do come the next battle. If that is the design choice of the profession, I have to say I don’t enjoy it. But perhaps others do.

Minion Health Regen

in Necromancer

Posted by: riotnrrrd.9582

riotnrrrd.9582

tbh i can see why they didnt give all our minions auto regen besides the flesh. if you run mm spec for wvw or spvp they really are really great i can take on 3 v 1 on my necro with my minions out. when u have the 50% hp bonus on them they dont die as much as people say. i stack vit/lots of healing power with toughness as last. so my mark of blood is healing alot on top of that i use superior sigil of life which adds more to my healing and then wells of blood.

im not saying they dont die just saying they dont die as much and most of the time i only loose 1 minion. only time i loose all my minion is if im getting ganked by 3 people. and for pve its great too some dungeons not so great like cof. but in arah or coe my minions actually do really well. again not saying they dont die, but usually i can spawn them fast enough to keep em up float.

i’m gonna have to say i dont think thats true. i’v tried every minion spec i can think of from lifestealing minions to 30% more damage to exploding poison cloud minons(the poison dot they leave is laughable at best)

1 decent ae from any class thats not a necro and every minion is dead or 1 to 2 hits away from dead

and you against 3? the minions would all take a different target barely doing any damage to the target

in dungeons minions are only good in that they pull agro so for a few attacks the minons get hit and die so the group doesnt

Minion Health Regen

in Necromancer

Posted by: Alamir.6207

Alamir.6207

well it doesn’t matter if you believe me or not. i don’t gain any benefits from lieing about this. it just depends on how well u work with your minions. i can say this though that only class that has really given me a challenge was a mesmer due to his clones confusing my minions and they easily can stealth away. the split dps can easily be fixed by using your minions skills. that is part of the reason i dont spam my pets skills as much less i know they are all on that target.

as for dungeons im not argueing. like i said i’m not saying my minions die but usually i can take them out before they can ever kill all my minions. if i see a warrior and he is about to use his hundred blade blind his kitten bam his attack misses and u get lols. even if you are stunned just go in death shroud form to counter it. i have played all the specs as well and from all the specs i find it that mm has the most survivability due to their amount of heals they get. also i didnt stack the poison i found it useless. i did the wells of blood siphoning trait on that last part forgot which trait it was. but atm i have 20 spite 20 for the toughness trait and 30 for the vitality trait forgot the names lol.

like i said in most fights unless its 3 v 1 that is when my minions will die but if its 2 v 1 i usually still have few of my minions out lol. my flesh golem is usually the last to always die and for some reason its my bone fiend that dies the first. also it depends on how really well u can work your class tbh. i for 1 is very good in my necro and i usually make it to top3 oh and i have made it with that title that stands for rampage or something.

i like all the other builds its just they are so glassy which i dont like, and tbh i love pets.

Minion Health Regen

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

I guess they might not have given minions out of combat regen as it would make it incredibly easy to afk farm. (stand still in one spot while all of the minions kill stuff for you) Anet already stated minions are meant to be disposable meat bags. Melee minions typically die very quickly in higher end PvE, however you mainly bring them for their active skills. Ranged minions tend not to die, but have weaker actives as compensation I guess.

Mainly, I think it would be more beneficial for the minion master trait to reduce the cooldown on the minion actives. This would help boost their design philosophy of them being disposable meat bags.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

Minion Health Regen

in Necromancer

Posted by: merch.1026

merch.1026

some of the minons do regen out of combat, atleast in sPvP the flesh golem elite does, and I think i have seen others do the same, not bone minions – just kill them off and summon a new

Minion Health Regen

in Necromancer

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

Do the Jagged Horrors (from the DM trait) get better, when u get higher lvl?
I now have a lvl20 Necro with (also) 5 poinst in DM. Gives u the passive trait to sometimes get a Jagged Horror after killing a foe.

I already read they were bad.
But say my jaw dropped when seeing how utter bad and useless they are.
Without taking any dmg it died on its own after 3 seconds (maybe 4).
So, mostly they were already dead before even reaching a foe.
O.O

An utter joke they r, to me atm.

Hmm. I would like to see at least one normal minon type to regen health out of combat. At least u have that when leveling towards getting the Elite minion.

(edited by dagrdagaz.4913)

Minion Health Regen

in Necromancer

Posted by: merch.1026

merch.1026

@dagrdagaz: no sorry still a useless thing at lvl 80, however them dying is extra Life force

Minion Health Regen

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

Do the Jagged Horrors (from the DM trait) get better, when u get higher lvl?
I now have a lvl20 Necro with (also) 5 poinst in DM. Gives u the passive trait to sometimes get a Jagged Horror after killing a foe.

I already read they were bad.
But say my jaw dropped when seeing how utter bad and useless they are.
Without taking any dmg it died on its own after 3 seconds (maybe 4).
So, mostly they were already dead before even reaching a foe.
O.O

An utter joke they r, to me atm.

Hmm. I would like to see at least one normal minon type to regen health out of combat. At least u have that when leveling towards getting the Elite minion.

they do get a bit better. their HP scales faster than the degen, and if you are a minion master the +50% hp from flesh of the master boosts them as well. however, even with mark of blood regen and life transfer transfusion heal, it’s impossible to have more than 1 up at a time.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard