Minion Master?

Minion Master?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

What stats are suggested to attempt this spec? I know it isn’t really viable in PvE yet but I’m hoping we see it work in the next few months, so I’m trying to theorycraft. No stats transfer to minions I assume?

Minion Master?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

In PvE you generally want to go full damage with minions (support works as well), either Rabid, Rampager, or Berzerker should work. The minions will give you the defense, so just stack up all the damage you like of whichever of the three ways to deal damage you want.

If you go support, then I’d suggest any of the healing power sets. With WoB, some healing/support traits, and a bit of thinking you can put out tons of healing onto allies and minions, while they all soak up a lot of damage.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

(edited by Bhawb.7408)

Minion Master?

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Based on what you said about them not being viable in PvE, are you asking for PvE only, PvP or both???

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Minion Master?

in Necromancer

Posted by: HiSaZuL.2843

HiSaZuL.2843

Berzerker gear is perfectly fine when minions can keep you alive or pvt gear for anything that isn’t regular open world npcs.
In general you simply do not have traits and skills to support any semblance of “viable” condition damage with minion spec… on top of it being a pathetic joke in general. It’s treated like a gimmick mechanic instead of damage with caps, a huge selection of mitigation, removal, reduction… anyway. The fact that bleed is pretty much the only source of condition damage for necro with some once again poor in comparison poison its useless as soon as you aren’t alone, your bleed stacks will be pushed off faster then you can apply them.
Minions can, if they can stay alive, provide some of the highest healing out there with base healing. But as soon as “aoe” gets involved, which is all dungeons+meta events and wvw, you loose all of it in an instant. Heck some regular open world npcs can evaporate your minions in a second.

Minion Master?

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Fun fact: there is a lot more to conditions than doing damage with them. Don’t take a Necromancer at all if you are looking for single target condition damage in PvE, but a condition MM can keep up near permanent poison, weakness, and cripple in addition to some decent chill and bleeding.

My PvP Minion Build

Minion Master?

in Necromancer

Posted by: lorndarken.3702

lorndarken.3702

30 0 20 20 0 is the spec i use

Minion Master?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Right now I’m running Conditions (or, condition). I just hope that the next patch gives a solid MM build. Some stat distribution, etc.

Minion Master?

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Just a note, with 20% condition duration, just a single Bone Minion explosion with Death Nova gives over 15 seconds of poison. Which means with Death Nova, you can keep up 100% poison uptime, and about 50% weakness uptime, with only using the Bone Minions.

My PvP Minion Build

Minion Master?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wolfgang Hype.8970

Wolfgang Hype.8970

I personally run a 20/0/20/30/0 MM build that seems to work pretty well. I go with Axe/Focus and staff to stack up vulnerability and provide some basic support/range. My minions are traited with all the usual- health, damage, siphon, cooldown- and then I take the draw conditions which works nicely for group support (as far as I know the minions pull conditions from any ally).

As far as stats go I go with mixed Berserker and Knights (using Knights where the crit damage gives the least value: head, legs, exotic rings). I’ve been using the Runes of the Mad King as well since Flesh Golem has a short cooldown (even if he dies instantly) which can trigger the ravens.

I don’t really have too much of an issue with surviving with the build. While my minions are alive I have a steady stream of incoming health, condition removal, and damage boosted by vulnerability and if I’m careful with where I summon my ranged minions (wurm off in a corner near max range, fiends somewhere away from the main group so they aren’t hit by aoe directed at others) they can stay alive for quite a while.

Tarnished Coast – Association of Classy Tyrians [ACT]
Shyamal- Asuran Necromancer | Varg Houtman- Norn Ranger
Nemo Randolf- Human Guardian