Minion Master

Minion Master

in Necromancer

Posted by: Afropenguinn.3675

Afropenguinn.3675

Just looking into what weapons I should use and what kind of gear. My thought was the soldier gear. This gives a major in power and minor in vitality and toughness. The reason is because my minions do a majority of the damage, so all I have to do is live. I specifically chose soldier because it is available for all weapons, exotic armor, and ascended trinkets. What do you think?

And what are your suggestions for weapons? I use an Axe/Focus to apply vulnerability which essentially is just a buff to my minion’s damage. I also have a Dagger/Warhorn just because well…I like getting up there in the fray with my minions.

Suggestions?

Minion Master

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Hi , I’m a MM ( my best class and build ). You were right about the gear > Soldier is the best , but for your weapon you must have Staff to keep your minions alive > conditions removal + healing . I advice to to get Dagger/Focus , dagger chain attack is the strongest skill we have + 2nd skill is a life saver specially when your minions die ( don’t use it unless you need healing as the chain attack is stronger . Finally , your 3rd skill is good to immobilize your foes so your minions can eat them.
You need DS to heal them too , here is my build > http://tinyurl.com/opjsdrw

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

Minion Master

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Just an FYI, staff doesn’t remove conditions from minions anymore.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Minion Master

in Necromancer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Are you sure bro ?
Last time I checked ( 3 days ago ) it worked !

guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

Minion Master

in Necromancer

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

omfg…

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

Minion Master

in Necromancer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

omfg…

What ?

Minion Master

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Unless they stealth changed it Putrid Mark has been pugged for months.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Minion Master

in Necromancer

Posted by: yski.7642

yski.7642

I’d personally go for axe instead of dagger, simply because that constant retaliation is too good to pass up. It’ll also make it easier to keep pressure on the target and, of course, vulnerability makes your minions hit even harder. Then again, dagger does more damage so it’s a matter of personal preference really.

Other than that the build Demonic linked seems pretty good. Generally speaking the traits you really need are Spite IX, Death X and Blood VII, the rest is optional. I’m not sure I’d go for Transfusion, but it’s not a terrible choice either.

Learn the ways of the mighty Deathleaf: http://www.youtube.com/user/YskiTheBanshee

Minion Master

in Necromancer

Afropenguinn.3675

I really would use the Staff…but combat with nothing but ground targeting gets so boring. I like to move around, get into the fray! Even at a range it would be fine but to ground target you usually have to stop strafing and aim it.

Minion Master

in Necromancer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

I really would use the Staff…but combat with nothing but ground targeting gets so boring. I like to move around, get into the fray! Even at a range it would be fine but to ground target you usually have to stop strafing and aim it.

Nope , you don’t have to stop to cast yyour marks.
I cast them while moving > just make sure that you checked ( fast casting ) in option panel.

Minion Master

in Necromancer

Afropenguinn.3675

Even when checked I need to place my cursor where I want to cast it, and when strafing I don’t have a cursor.

Minion Master

in Necromancer

Posted by: Heartlust.6140

Heartlust.6140

I really just want a minor trait making summon flesh wurm instant cast (the summon itself. This way we could have an interesting blink.

Minion Master

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/mm-zerker-build/2883241

I posted my thoughts in a recent thread. It’s a 30/0/30/10/0 build mostly around spamming minions. My main problem with a MM build is the mobility issue (lack of swiftness unless you want to sacrifice a minion slot).

I suppose Axe Focus and Dagger Warhorn would work too as staff isn’t that needed in pve.

Also, you don’t need soldier gear outside of wvw. If you want survivability you can just take 20/0/20/30/0 http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNBHhZakQrUvTzWjePRIpIaUb6R3AX4gU8epB-jAyAYLBRyCItBiKAk8KiGbboIas6aMlLRUtUA6pMC-e or 30/0/20/20/0 for balance.

A well/minion hybrid could be an extremely tanky support variant as well that still outputs alright damage: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNBIhZaESrUvTzWjePRI9IaUDbTK624gU8epB-jwxAYrISWApNQJviox2GKiGruGT5SEVLFgeKjA-e

It has the ability to cast protection and healing on your army, so nothing to scoff at.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Minion Master

in Necromancer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Even when checked I need to place my cursor where I want to cast it, and when strafing I don’t have a cursor.

No you don’t have to as you can click on right click while moving ( make sure to put the cursor at the mid of your screen so it will always cast when u want).