Minion Master

Minion Master

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sparda.9750

Sparda.9750

hey there, i m wondering about this kind of build
i’ v tried the metabattle’s one and it is good, at least against my friend in 1v1 scenario.
I v tried the version with spike instead of blood magic but i don t really know how much worth this version is
the standard version is this:
http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Necromancer_-_Minion_Master

just to know, this one is an attrition build, and it s fine, but do u think if is there any better choice?? maybe with different sigils and rune??
and the GM of death’s magic?? wich is the best?? death nova??

and comparing to the signet celestial??
let me know what you think

Minion Master

in Necromancer

Posted by: HaxTester.9816

HaxTester.9816

Before the trait system changes, the trait that increases Minion damage was in the Spite trait line. So before, it was ideally Spite, Death Magic, and Blood Magic for a pure MM build. I’m not sure about Spite over Soul Reaping. It’s a toss up really, that’s what I like about the GW series, you can customize your characters a lot. Maybe it’s situational, adjust it on the fly accordingly (this is why we kittening need templates anet). I use Soul Reaping for additional defense if the enemy team has many burst builds (you will assume here), and I use Spite if the enemy has too many bunkers and sustain (again, this is just an assumption of their builds).

Anvil Rockers Unite!

Minion Master

in Necromancer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

MM necromancer’s main issue is that the minion AI has problems sometimes. Other than that its not too bad compared to cele signets, even though many higher tier PvP players think of it as a joke build.

Soldiers is often used, but I know bhawb is a firm believer of cleric MM builds that focus on healing minions to keep them alive. Since the new Rise! shout seems cool, I’ll probably get more into minion builds, but I need to test things out.

I’d say that death magic is the most mandatory traitline to take (obviously) but blood magic is strongly recommended for more siphoning and minion-healing. Spite was often picked in the past, and is a good choice for more damage, but soul reaping gives a bit more personal sustain that shouldn’t be overlooked. Reaper will probably be the ideal first traitline if Rise turns out to be powerful.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Minion Master

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Metabattle’s build isn’t standard, it was Nos’ minion build, but while Nos is a great Necromancer he isn’t an MM, which is pretty obvious with his build.

This is the base of every good MM build, at least until Reaper hits. D/WH is mandatory because Immobilize is OP, and Dark Pact paired with Bone Fiend’s Rigor Mortis is an eleven second immobilize delivered in 3 batches, five hits total, which makes it near impossible to deal with if you layer it correctly. Flesh Wurm is a stun break, and a strong one, plus the shadowstep of Necrotic Traversal allows you to get out of bad situations, or even better rotate quickly between points along with Locust Swarm’s swiftness. Wail of Doom allows you to interrupt basically everything that can be interrupted, and if you need it Life Siphon is a massive heal in Clerics gear.

Clerics gear is used because you are a minion master, not a necromancer who takes minions but doesn’t really care about them. It more than doubles Transfusion’s healing, 32% boost to Life Siphon, and a small boost to siphoning, plus whatever it does for your heal. It will also apply to almost every trait you take in Blood Magic. Remember, with your minions up you have up to 100 extra toughness, 4-5 conditions removed every 10s, 4-5 conditions transferred every 10s to the enemy, and around 150 healing per second from procs, on top of around 2k DPS from the minions. If you go Soldier gear, you end up losing out on all those benefits a huge amount of the time, for the benefit of higher HP and power, neither of which are needed.

As for what you do with that build, you choose Spite or Soul Reaping. If you hit up Soul Reaping, your build should look like this and if you go for Spite it is this . You go Spite for damage and de-bunking, Soul Reaping for holding points and defense. Then choose whether you want to use staff (its garbage but some people still hold on to it) or Axe/Dagger, figure out a rune set, Pack runes are a solid option but others work, pick up sigils which are generally Leeching/Renewal (another reason why we want healing power, for renewal), and choose between Signet of Vampirism and Consume Conditions for a heal, both work for different things. Finally put in whatever last traits you had to choose and go for it.

When Reaper hits we’ll see a possible change. But most likely it’ll use the exact same base MM has been using for years, but with Reaper as that third line. I think it has a great chance to replace Spite and Soul Reaping in both of their niches because of how incredible Reaper Shroud is, and Greatsword might overthrow dagger, as a dark field is actually really strong for the finishers and the damage/chill can probably make up for the loss in immobilize. We’ll see though, its hard to say.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

(edited by Bhawb.7408)

Minion Master

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

This is the base of every good MM build, at least until Reaper hits. D/WH is mandatory because Immobilize is OP, and Dark Pact paired with Bone Fiend’s Rigor Mortis is an eleven second immobilize delivered in 3 batches, five hits total, which makes it near impossible to deal with if you layer it correctly. Flesh Wurm is a stun break, and a strong one, plus the shadowstep of Necrotic Traversal allows you to get out of bad situations, or even better rotate quickly between points along with Locust Swarm’s swiftness. Wail of Doom allows you to interrupt basically everything that can be interrupted, and if you need it Life Siphon is a massive heal in Clerics gear.

Clerics gear is used because you are a minion master, not a necromancer who takes minions but doesn’t really care about them. It more than doubles Transfusion’s healing, 32% boost to Life Siphon, and a small boost to siphoning, plus whatever it does for your heal. It will also apply to almost every trait you take in Blood Magic. Remember, with your minions up you have up to 100 extra toughness, 4-5 conditions removed every 10s, 4-5 conditions transferred every 10s to the enemy, and around 150 healing per second from procs, on top of around 2k DPS from the minions. If you go Soldier gear, you end up losing out on all those benefits a huge amount of the time, for the benefit of higher HP and power, neither of which are needed.

Won’t This build be better for a PvE MM ? http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRIQNAW4djM0QTN2WDe1A7NOmGqZLfBVgcAKgAgeC3QKA-TByFwAEuoC0U+ZS9nBPpAg7PcR3DAlgaN/RKgtGWB-e
More HP = more LF ( LF = 80% health ) , staff is the only AOE weapon we have + it has great support ( Land marks then switch to D/F ) , focus is a must for applying vulnerability , regeneration and ripping boons. Sigil of water\frailty are amazing specially with the staff AOE attacks and the fast dagger ones.

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

(edited by The Demonic Spirit.3157)

Minion Master

in Necromancer

Sparda.9750

hey there, thx to everyone
i v tried the cleric amulet,
yes, i have a lot of sustain, but i lose 8k of hp, is it really worth?? i mean, transfusion heals 1,5k more than the soldier’s one; the vampiric traits are more or less the same
with soldier i feel to be immortal or quite so

i m using dagger/focus in MH,because of boon rip and retailiation, just because WH is not my fav weapon

edit: i m trying celestial amulet.. sounds good
edit 2: well.. cele seems not to work very well

(edited by Sparda.9750)

Minion Master

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zanther Deathbringer.4762

Zanther Deathbringer.4762

This build was posted on reddit a few weeks back. It actually works quite well.

Minion Master

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Won’t This build be better for a PvE MM ? http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRIQNAW4djM0QTN2WDe1A7NOmGqZLfBVgcAKgAgeC3QKA-TByFwAEuoC0U+ZS9nBPpAg7PcR3DAlgaN/RKgtGWB-e
More HP = more LF ( LF = 80% health ) , staff is the only AOE weapon we have + it has great support ( Land marks then switch to D/F ) , focus is a must for applying vulnerability , regeneration and ripping boons. Sigil of water\frailty are amazing specially with the staff AOE attacks and the fast dagger ones.

I mean, PvE MM is garbage so you can do whatever you want honestly. The “most viable” MM PvE build is going to be Death Magic and minions + maximum DPS you can get after that.

Staff doesn’t have support, it has “utility”, and even that is marginal and replaceable (even more so on MM), boons aren’t an issue in PvE, neither is regen.

Just go the meta PvE build but swap whatever isn’t Spite/SR (I think its blood magic?) to death magic, pick up minion stuff, that’s it.

hey there, thx to everyone
i v tried the cleric amulet,
yes, i have a lot of sustain, but i lose 8k of hp, is it really worth?? i mean, transfusion heals 1,5k more than the soldier’s one; the vampiric traits are more or less the same
with soldier i feel to be immortal or quite so

i m using dagger/focus in MH,because of boon rip and retailiation, just because WH is not my fav weapon

Soldier is only worth running if you are new to the build and don’t know how to survive bursts. After that the massive sustain increase with healing power outpaces the initial 8k HP, you’ll heal for more than that every fight, easily.

Focus OH is another noob trap, you’ll never hit Focus 5 on a decent player, and WH is amazing in a ton of ways.

My PvP Minion Build

Minion Master

in Necromancer

nearlight.3064

Bhawb with reaper do you think you’d take Unholy Sanctuary or Death Nova? Death Nova seems powerful with Rise, but Unholy Sanctuary also seems really strong with blighter’s boon (if you end up running that).

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

Minion Master

in Necromancer

Sparda.9750

@bhawb
could u explain better??
what do u mean with: focus iis a noob trap??
and the part about soldier amulet??

i wanna understand better this build because, honestly, is very funny and i feel a rock

Minion Master

in Necromancer

nearlight.3064

@bhawb
could u explain better??
what do u mean with: focus iis a noob trap??

i wanna understand better this build because, honestly, is very funny and i feel a rock

Focus is bad because the 5 skill (spinal shivers) while powerful very rarely ever hits anything becuase its cast time is so long, so most people just trait for it in spite with Chill of Death to get it as a passive proc with no cast time.

Soldier amulet makes you more tanky upfront and do more personal damage, but clerics is better since with blood magic traits it lets you heal your minions and keep them alive. Plus you get more sustain through life siphons, and you can heal allies better.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

Minion Master

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Bhawb with reaper do you think you’d take Unholy Sanctuary or Death Nova? Death Nova seems powerful with Rise, but Unholy Sanctuary also seems really strong with blighter’s boon (if you end up running that).

I think Reaper can fit both versions of MM. Take Spite (Death Nova) and Soul Reaping (Unholy Sanctuary) and replace the line with Reaper, with probably no change other than considering Rise! depending on how that balances out and Greatsword (I think its likely GS can replace dagger, not sure yet).

So there are two things to consider for Soldier amulet vs Cleric amulet:

1. The difference in power
  2. The tradeoff of healing power for vitality

To address the first, consider the build you are running. All of your utility and elite skills are minions, and thus don’t scale with power at all. Your traits are primarily defensive/utility/minion/support; in a Spite build only 2 of your traits meaningfully scale with power, and none of your Soul Reaping build traits do. So all you really have are weapon/death shroud skills, and without modifiers and so few extra scalings that extra power isn’t the biggest thing in the world. Also, your minions do have a lot of modifiers, unlike you, so keeping them alive is a significant boost to your build’s effectiveness while power isn’t, which brings us to the second concern.

Healing power outpaces vitality in a massive way. The standard MM build has Life Siphon (.9 scaling), SoV (0.1 passive per second, 0.24 active per stack) or Consume Conditions (1.0 active, 0.1 per condition removed), plus some combination of Transfusion, Life from Death, Regeneration, Vampirism, Vampiric Presence, Unholy Sanctuary, Spiteful Renewal, Blood Bond, Renewal Sigils, and then a few stragglers like Dark Field combos and various runes. In short, you can have an absolute ton of Healing Power scaling, most builds have at least 7 abilities that scale with Healing Power, some of them with massive scalings. Basically, as long as you don’t die immediately, healing power makes up for the loss of 9k HP very quickly in your HP pool; a single Consume Conditions can heal for that much. And most importantly, vitality only helps you live longer, healing power helps your entire build live longer. Minions living longer = more DPS, more CC, more siphoning, more conditions transferred, it makes all the good things about your build better. This has a compounding effect as well, more healing power keeps minions alive longer which lets them proc healing/condition removals more which makes you live longer which makes healing power scale better.

Overall, and this is something I’ve been showing for a long time and other great MMs like High Warlord Sikari (ronpierce) have agreed with on the recent patch, that extra healing power ends up providing too much to the build to pass up on. Clerics is what real MMs, who actually pay attention to and interact with their minions on a second by second basis, use, Soldiers is used by people who don’t understand the mastering side of minion masters.

My PvP Minion Build

Minion Master

in Necromancer

Sparda.9750

thank you sir!! i really enjoy your explainations
for sigils i’m currently using leeching and energy on both weapons set, and, for runes i used pack, rock dog one ( ogre?) and now i m trying something with vitality and toughness

my task is to stay alive, and i feel to do it well.. the real problem is when minions die in the aoe of ele and guardian.. burt till the bones

Minion Master

in Necromancer

Posted by: PainbowBrite.3785

PainbowBrite.3785

Great info bhawb, thank you. I’ve been tempted to try out MM for something different. Gonna give it a shot today.

Minion Master

in Necromancer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Soldier is only worth running if you are new to the build and don’t know how to survive bursts. After that the massive sustain increase with healing power outpaces the initial 8k HP, you’ll heal for more than that every fight, easily.

Focus OH is another noob trap, you’ll never hit Focus 5 on a decent player, and WH is amazing in a ton of ways.

I checked both my HP and LF after swapping soldier with cleric gear , I lost 10K HP and 7K LF . I don’t think that the increasing in healing power which poorly affects Vampiric Presense and Transfusion outpaces 17K total HP !
As for Focus 4th skill can apply 12 stacks of Vulnerability to a single target which increase minions damage by 14% along with healing them. Ripping the boons of vets and champs is good as well. WH is useless in PVE when compared with focus.
Is spite 3,2,2 better than soul reaping 3,2,1 for MM ? Close to Death affects minions , right ?

guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

(edited by The Demonic Spirit.3157)

Minion Master

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dreaming serpent.5197

Dreaming serpent.5197

I’ve taken to using Marauder runes with Axe instead of dagger. I also, of course, take the spite line going in for that spiteful spirit/axe training combo. Hits like a power necro, tanks like a minion master. Super fun, probably the only time I’d recommend trying axe.

Jake Demoni -Necromancer- “Please stop moa-ing me”

Minion Master

in Necromancer

Sparda.9750

the matter of soldier above cleric is what i was wondering about, still, i have to say that cleric works pretty good.. try to believe

Minion Master

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

thank you sir!! i really enjoy your explainations
for sigils i’m currently using leeching and energy on both weapons set, and, for runes i used pack, rock dog one ( ogre?) and now i m trying something with vitality and toughness

my task is to stay alive, and i feel to do it well.. the real problem is when minions die in the aoe of ele and guardian.. burt till the bones

Yeah, those sigils are absolutely good. Basically any on-swap, on-hit, on-kill stacking, and duration increasing sigils can work as long as they provide healing, damage, CC, or utility increases. Favorites are renewal, leeching, energy, but there are a lot you can choose to use. For Runes Pack is the best overall IMO, Grove is hilarious for cheesing in 1v1s, but generally most power/toughness/vitality/healing power runes can work. Its up to you, though I’d tend to focus on power since MM defenses are already through the roof.

And yeah, MM basically only loses when minions die, which is why Clerics > Soldier.

I checked both my HP and LF after swapping soldier with cleric gear , I lost 10K HP and 7K LF . I don’t think that the increasing in healing power which poorly affects Vampiric Presense and Transfusion outpaces 17K total HP !

Transfusion more than doubles with healing power, actually. Presence is good, but you can also use Life from Death which has a 1.5 healing power scaling. It affects a lot of things right now, and remember that all sources of siphoning got Bloodthirst made baseline. You’re looking at huge increases on whatever heal, Consume Conditions can heal easily over 10k with healing power, SoV is also massive, Life Siphon heals for a ton, everything gets increased a lot.

However, from the numbers you listed I’m guessing you’re talking about PvE, because in PvP you’d lose a lot less. In PvE you shouldn’t be using clerics or soldiers, you should be using berserker, and a non-“standard” MM build. You don’t need defenses since the minions tank aggro almost all the time, just load up on DPS, but pick up Death Magic over one of the less important lines. You could go like Spite/Death Magic/Soul Reaping, pick up a lot of damage mods for while in DS and still deal decent damage while having Flesh of the Master which is the only really important minion trait. But PvE MM is totally different from PvP, and I’m mostly talking about PvP here.

As for Focus 4th skill can apply 12 stacks of Vulnerability to a single target which increase minions damage by 14% along with healing them. Ripping the boons of vets and champs is good as well. WH is useless in PVE when compared with focus.
Is spite 3,2,2 better than soul reaping 3,2,1 for MM ? Close to Death affects minions , right ?

WH and Focus should both be used in PvE, so that’s kind of irrelevant. WH is used for Locust Swarm, Focus for Reaper’s Touch, they both have 1 good and 1 basically worthless skill. Close to Death doesn’t affect minions, but in PvE you should go both Spite and Soul Reaping, just make a DPS build with those two lines, then go into DM for Flesh of the Master, Deadly Strength or Necromantic Corruption (not sure which is the better DPS increase, probably Strength), and Death Nova.

I’ve taken to using Marauder runes with Axe instead of dagger. I also, of course, take the spite line going in for that spiteful spirit/axe training combo. Hits like a power necro, tanks like a minion master. Super fun, probably the only time I’d recommend trying axe.

Go both bud, Axe/Dagger Dagger/WH, for a Spite build you don’t need staff, you’re there to hit like a power Necro.

the matter of soldier above cleric is what i was wondering about, still, i have to say that cleric works pretty good.. try to believe

Cleric > Soldier, basically since the introduction of Transfusion though it took people a while to believe me (and soldier was still strong for a while, as our healing power has been steadily increased over time through new traits and Blood Magic buffs). Our healing power scaling is just through the roof now though, with Bloodthirst being baseline, I’d have to go in game to check but its just insane how much you can heal for because you can have like 9 different scaling abilities, all being procced on fairly short CDs.

My PvP Minion Build

(edited by Bhawb.7408)

Minion Master

in Necromancer

nearlight.3064

If you take SoV, in a spite build would signets of suffering work since it works with blood bond too?

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

Minion Master

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

If you take SoV, in a spite build would signets of suffering work since it works with blood bond too?

You know, I actually hadn’t though of that before but that’s a great point. Yes it absolutely would work and I’ll have to try that out sometime. CtD isn’t a big loss, and if you’re already using axe Spiteful Spirit wasn’t a huge deal anyway. Great idea.

My PvP Minion Build

Minion Master

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Bhawb you tried anything like this yet?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBIhZakkGaqxeawrGYvxR1QN/gVeDkDQAEs0XYGKBA-TJxHwACOFAILDga/BAPBAA

You can swap out the the ranged minion on khylo and temple for wurm.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

(edited by NeXeD.3042)

Minion Master

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Yeah back during the SOAC tournament days I used Well of Corruption over Well of Power, but similar build. Problem is you lose Transfusion, which I’d argue is mandatory for MM, a 6.3k heal allows you to fully negate a large AoE burst that otherwise would have meant death for the minions. Also Well of Blood’s pulsing ratio was gutted, which makes the skill mediocre for minion healing now.

My PvP Minion Build

Minion Master

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

Yeah but I can’t justify using any other heal with the build. Found I’m nearly impossible to take down and at least the traited well is actually a pretty nice self heal.

Could also just swap out the heal well for sov I guess and still take wop and take the transfusion trait… but the way I see it I don’t actually need to keep my minions up forever hell I’m not even takin the trait to give em more health. But I can actually keep the golem and bone fiend alive for quite some time. I’ll make a video of the build in some tourney use or something. My teams gonna get kittened when I tell them what the build is lol

(edited by NeXeD.3042)

Minion Master

in Necromancer

nearlight.3064

This might be fun tier, but I tried cleric MM with curses for the cooldown reduction on CC and the weakness spam. Not really sure how great it is since I don’t get any meaningful damage out of it, just more debuff pressure and and the overpowered ability to blind myself!

I think reaper would work better if Rise gives good damage reduction potential and I might use the heal shout traited to have a pretty low cooldown in bigger fights.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

Minion Master

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

Using it again today, played correctly this hp regen is insane and a build like this is why full healing in ds could never be allowed.

Minion Master

in Necromancer

Posted by: bile.7560

bile.7560

I would love to see some video game play of the clerics mm.

Minion Master

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

I think there are some people that have videos of cleric mm out there already. I think bhawb has some. But I’ll make one either tonight or this weekend. Also will probably be streaming thus weekend twitch.tv/necrofail143

Minion Master

in Necromancer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

necrofail143

So optimistic

Minion Master

in Necromancer

Sparda.9750

ye, i m curious to see ya
btw, i find a lot of problem fighting renger.. too many cc and after the taunt the minions go completely freak.. they don t attack anymore and stand looking at me like this :\

Minion Master

in Necromancer

nearlight.3064

ye, i m curious to see ya
btw, i find a lot of problem fighting renger.. too many cc and after the taunt the minions go completely freak.. they don t attack anymore and stand looking at me like this :\

Rangers are tough to deal with because they have a ton of AoE condi pressure, and while minions can cleanse themselves with necromantic corruption, its tough to outheal it. They usuallydon’t bring the poison trap, so that helps. Overall I win most of my MM necro vs. ranger fights, but its always down to the wire.

The hardest matchup I think is hammer/GS zerk warrior if they’re good, since they can CC the necro into oblivion and cleave the minions down very quickly.

Staff eles are also problematic in teamfights due to meteorshower alone.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

Minion Master

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

Hardest for me are engis and mesmers everything else dies or can’t kill me or get me off point.

Minion Master

in Necromancer

Sparda.9750

in 1v1 this build is really good, and in small skirmishes too.. but when the AOE is too heavy.. well, it s hard to stay alive

Minion Master

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dakunaito.9602

Dakunaito.9602

how you can play with minions? i have to prey to God so that melee minions hit. majority of the times they stand there doing absolutely nothing

Minion Master

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

Well your only melee minions are bm and fg you are gonna want to blow up the bm’s almost right away, So only you and the fg should really end up in the aoe most of the time. You can swap out bone fiend with Wurm for an escape or just anytime khylo or temple pop.

Minion Master

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dreaming serpent.5197

Dreaming serpent.5197

Alright bawb, you convinved me. Cleric amy is the way to go. Still keeping my staff over off hand dagger, as the transfer is simply more reliable, faster, and does a fair amount of damage with intelligence sigil.
As far as heals go, the blood fiend is still superior. While healing potentially less than other heals, its cool down of 16 seconds is almost half other heals (30 sec, 35 sec, 40 sec, for cc, sov, wob respectivly), and it matters. If your asking if I have time in a battle to get a 2 1/2 second heal off, I’d like to point you to mantra mesmers. Since I can summon it twice over the course of other heals, as well as the additional condi clear, and damage, makes this a superior heal.

I’m still debating wurm over shadow fiend, mostly due to mlg stomps (3 second delay blind op) as well as the life force gain. The shadow from a controler viewpoint is also the best skill to “wake up” minions and get them engaged. On the flip side, transfusion saves are super fun to pull off. (Pro-tip. Go ontop a ledge)

Jake Demoni -Necromancer- “Please stop moa-ing me”

Minion Master

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

I’m still debating wurm over shadow fiend, mostly due to mlg stomps (3 second delay blind op) as well as the life force gain.

I just wanted to say, those MLG blind stomps are one of the most satisfying things in the game.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

Minion Master

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mr Smith.9173

Mr Smith.9173

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBmWDbkjG6rx2awrGYvxB1QNDhKoYlBwAky0XoGyUA-TJhGABbs/AAPAAlKDQ8FAAA

This is my Spec, it works well for me.

The main goal is non-stop Shroud.

The pets I use because they do damage in shroud, transfer conditions to enemies and give you conditions in exchange for lifeforce. The only pet that has a rule is Flesh Golem. Summon it outside of the main combat area (but in range of it’s attack) someplace hard to attack. Both to keep it out of AoE and as an escape since you can use it as a teleport if things get too hot.

Basically I just use the staff. Mostly I just use staff basic attack to build Life Force. I don’t really use the skills except in certain situations.

I use 1 if there is a large clump of people it’s nice because it has a heal as well as a bleed. I use 2 mostly as a follow up to 1 but it’s not important. I use 3 only if I have a lot of conditions and Consume Conditions is down. And 4 I save to help downed teammates from being staked or enemies from raising their downed allies.

Blood Magic

Well of Blood: It’s the best of 3 for me. Might trade for Sig of Vamp but I really don’t cast any bleed

Vamp Aura: It’s ok low tier survivability with not a lot of better options.

Unholy Martyr: This is the whole reason to pick this tree, in Spvp it can pretty much give you unlimited shroud draw from pets and players.

Death Magic

Flesh of the Master: It’s ok keeps pets in the game a little longer, without it even minor aoe wipe them out. Shrouded Removal is a viable alternative that I used for quite a while.

Necromantic Corruption: This is pretty much the main trait for MM I wouldn’t take anything else as MM.

Corrupter’s Fervor: This is a really strong survivability trait, I consider it a must if you don’t take Shrouded Removal.

Soul Reaping

Unyielding Blast: This build is all about staying in Shroud so this is a strong trait for that. If you use it wisely you can hit multiple people.

Vital Persistence: This is also a must for staying in Shroud.

Dhuumfire: This is a solid trait. Burning is pretty strong and it adds to the damage pretty nicely especially in situations when you can’t constantly attack like vs rogues and other people who hide or get behind you.

(edited by Mr Smith.9173)

Minion Master

in Necromancer

Sparda.9750

well.. i tried something similiar
but i choose bone minions over the shadows one.. the deelay of blind sux and minions have a nice blast damage with a blast combo finisher, not bad.. in practice u summon them just to make em blow up
dumbfire is meh..
anyway, i m gonna tried this in pvp.. i m pretty curious

edit: i v tried it
well, stay for too long in DS, without trasfusion and life from death is not worth for your minions.. how do you deal with it?

(edited by Sparda.9750)

Minion Master

in Necromancer

Mr Smith.9173

Well for me I don’t want my minions to die, the longer they stay alive the more conditions they give me increasing my lifeforce. As well as the longer they live the more conditions they give to my foes. So exploding them for a relatively low damage poison doesn’t seem like that great of a trade to me.

As far as being in Shroud too long, is that even possible? =)

I haven’t really used those skills to much to be honest, I can see the value in them, but personally (and spec is a personal choice of course) I wouldn’t trade what I have for them. And as for the minions I just resummon them. If my enemy wants them dead there isn’t a whole lot I can do to stop it. I’d rather stay in Shroud vs leaving Shroud to heal them a bit and have to wait for the timer to be able to return to Shroud. When I’m not in Shroud I feel very vulnerable.

And Dhuumfire ya know it’s a choice as well, I have used Death Perception and it’s pretty good especially if you use a power build, but for Celestial I just prefer Dhuum, and it’s really what builds the Corrupters Fervor which is a huge part of the survivability of this build. Without those stacks the build is a lot more squishy.

Anyways, I’m pleased you gave this build a look.

Minion Master

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Really not a fan of condi MM, but if you are going to run it you still need healing power and transfusion. A lot of other things you do with minions are up to you, but healing power and transfusion are mandatory, without that there isn’t a big point to using minions over another utility set.

My PvP Minion Build

Minion Master

in Necromancer

Mr Smith.9173

I think that evaluation is a little cut and dry. I do just fine.

I mean, in my opinion your giving up what I consider to be the strongest skill in the build maybe for Necros in general. The ability that allows you to have nearly unlimited life force. Also it helps your team by taking their conditions every 3 seconds (very fast) which you then have your pets give to your enemy. Trading all that for a skill on a fairly long cooldown that’s largely situational. I’m not saying it’s not a powerful skill, but I feel it has a lot less utility and synergy.

But thanks for your opinion. It would be boring if we all had the same spec.