Minion Master Armor Set

Minion Master Armor Set

in Necromancer

Posted by: Talzed.4153

Talzed.4153

I expect to be level 80 in a week or so and was wondering which armor set(s) would be good for a tanky Minion Master. Events or WvW would probably be my preferred method of grinding. I have some interest in the vampyric abilities. Please note that I can only play about 10 hours a week so grinding endless dungeons is probably not a good option.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Minion Master Armor Set

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hellgaunt.1734

Hellgaunt.1734

You could look into the various karma sets for the Power/Vitality/Toughness setup. You should maximize those 3 stats and then take all the minion traits you can.

A build like this with 20/0/20/20/0 and the remaining 10 points as you wish should suffice to let you do good world PvE.

I wouldn’t recommend minions for dungeons because they are quite underwhelming and frequently die very fast in any typical fight.

Minion Master Armor Set

in Necromancer

Posted by: BobJoeXXI.2493

BobJoeXXI.2493

Do you like being the least viable build in GW2?

To answer your question, I think the Arah set looks good as a minion master armor. It has googly eyes and has a heavy, worn, and undead look to it. You do have to grind to get the full set, but you can determine how much you want. You don’t have to have the full set to get that Minion Master look it offers; the coat and hood will suffice.

Apicharr Science [ASci] – Maguuma
80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Warrior, 80 Mesmer, 80 Engineer.

Minion Master Armor Set

in Necromancer

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mcVzMm9cMomvmMomvmG0xG0osMaqmk8070V7kNs70V

This is absolutely the best MM build you can get.

Despite the minions having several problems, this build works fine in dungeons, you won’t do the same dps as other top professions or condition builds, but it’s still useful, you will be tanky enough to ress your teammates and keep aggro from mobs.

For grinding or doing general PVE or Wvw get Spectral Walk (or Signet of Locust for traveling long distances) instead of Signet of Undeath.
Regarding the Traits: if you need more Condition removal you can get Spiteful Removal in Spite; if you don’t like Death Nova, then get Staff Mastery; if you don’t like Ritual of Life, go for Bloodthirst or Mark of Evasion.

About the gear, i suggest to go Power/Toughness/Precision with Fighter’s Rune, so you’ll get the best Dps possible, while still having a good survivability.
Check Superior Sigil of Fire for your Staff if you want some nice Aoe (requiring Precision gear).

Have fun!

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

Minion Master Armor Set

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ratphink.4751

Ratphink.4751

Yeah I was wondering about this. Have been running a Dagger/Focus and Staff wells build. Clerics is alright, but is there any Power/Toughness/Vit armor that isn’t Vigil members only that I can get my hands on? Any uppage in Power would go some way for me.

“I have begun my journey in a paper boat without a bottom.”

Minion Master Armor Set

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dakiaris.2798

Dakiaris.2798

Yeah I was wondering about this. Have been running a Dagger/Focus and Staff wells build. Clerics is alright, but is there any Power/Toughness/Vit armor that isn’t Vigil members only that I can get my hands on? Any uppage in Power would go some way for me.

There’s multiple areas to get soldier armor… The AC armor has a soldier set pow/vit/tough

Minion Master Armor Set

in Necromancer

Posted by: Magoo.5726

Magoo.5726

AC also has a prec/vit/healing set. Less base damage in exchange for higher crit chance, vitality for more life and longer death shroud, and healing power to keep the minions alive longer with staff.

Minion Master Armor Set

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nostromo.4126

Nostromo.4126

Just to add a bit to this conv as I’ve recently finally topped out by norn necro nymph…:)

I use staff / dagger-dagger, but I really like (read: must have) max mobility to get around, so my build is 20/0/20/20/10, with spectral mastery for the SR line. I use all the mobile minions generally (except for Well of Blood, which is superior to the BF in almost every way, as well as healing/topping up yer mins); I often switch vampiric master for quickening thirst to get the 25% speed boost from the daggers, as well as swap out the bone minions for spectral walk to get max speed.

Caveat: this is a pure PvE build so far, mostly solo, apart from dyn events & such. I’m yet to run any dungeons or try WvW, so I’m still looking for suggestions on quick, on-the-fly trait changes (without paying for a respec), that will let me run an optimum dungeon/WvW build without any mins. Cheers!

Minion Master Armor Set

in Necromancer

Posted by: XiL.4318

XiL.4318

Unless yer naked you are not a Minion Master.

Minion Master Armor Set

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

My set focuses on condition damage and power , ( toughness and vitality as well ). I use staff 1st ( landing the 3 marks ) , switch to daggers which will give me 3 stacks of might for 20 sec and + 5% damage then use death shroud to use Life blast ( will give me 1 stack of might , total will be 4 ) . Now I have powered up the Life Transfer so I use it to damage my foes and heal my minions. Finally , I use all my dagger skills till the swapping cool down finishes then use the staff again and so on.
If u played MM well , you will rarely die or even be in downed mode.
This is my build > http://tinyurl.com/d7exy4s
The best skin that suites MM is Male witch outfit ( only town clothes , I’m afraid ).
So you have to stick with Arah.

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

Minion Master Armor Set

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

AC exp offers you P/T/V gear. You want P/T/V.
Finishing all paths of AC takes about an hour and a half. That will net you 207 tokens. You’ll have a new exotic every day.

I know the appeal of the minions, but mate, be careful. They are totally broken, don’t play too much with them or you’ll burn out in frustration.

I suggest playing another class or spec until they see some sort of attempt at a fix.