Minion Master Armor

Minion Master Armor

in Necromancer

Posted by: UnderYourBed.6870

UnderYourBed.6870

Hey guys,

I apologize if this topic was done before but I searched the forums and could not find a clear answer as to what I was looking for. I was looking for some help on gear but all I found was topics about how the armor looks. I don’t care at all about that because after all you can change the way it looks I just want to know which set has the right runes and stats. Right now I am rolling a full minion necromancer (every single slot is taken up by a minion) and I only use staff. I was wondering which armor you guys think would suit me better? I was thinking some sort of condition damage/healing but did not find any complete or combined sets that got my attention. What are all of your opinions on which combination is best?

Minion Master Armor

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Apothecary’s armor might do you well. It gives you condition damage (decent for staff), toughness (your minions deal no damage if you are dead) and healing power (minions also do no damage if they are dead).

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Minion Master Armor

in Necromancer

UnderYourBed.6870

would it be as good as any other exotic armor? (even the named ones) sorry I am still new to the game and lvled to 80 without much research. Also which rune would you think is best? I was thinking lich but I dont know if I want all the vitality

Minion Master Armor

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

I don’t advise you to focus on healing power as its effect is just 0.125 ( which is too low ) , unless you use Well of Blood ( which means that you won’t use Blood fiend ).
I’m 80 MM , my advise is to mix berserker armor and soldier one. ( you will get power and critical for daggers as your main use of the staff will be for healing , you will also have toughness for protection XD )

would it be as good as any other exotic armor? (even the named ones) sorry I am still new to the game and lvled to 80 without much research. Also which rune would you think is best? I was thinking lich but I dont know if I want all the vitality

You don’t need vitality as you got the biggest HP pool in the entire game , as for the runes you can check mine http://tinyurl.com/apd2ezp. By the way , I have the named armor because I think it got the best skin for asuran necro. >> http://www.gw2armor.com/asura/male/named/light/front.jpg

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

(edited by The Demonic Spirit.3157)

Minion Master Armor

in Necromancer

UnderYourBed.6870

but isn’t staff better for condition damage instead of power? and what if instead i focus on condition damage for armor and just put some healing on my accessories? Also which exotic set would be best for condition damage?

Minion Master Armor

in Necromancer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

As I said , condition will not be at best , unless you focus on conditions build ( epidemic , wells , corruption skills …… ). You will do your best using power ( you have already got 200 power from spite ) as dagger/focus should be your main weapons.
My combo > Use staff to land marks , switch to dagger/focus to get might and power ( use its their skills ) , then switch to death shroud and keep spamming Life Blast ( to get more might ) + the 2 other skills , finally use Life Transfer to heal minions and your self >> and so on ( In case the foe is still alive )

guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

Minion Master Armor

in Necromancer

UnderYourBed.6870

o ok I never thought about it that way. so maybe I should focus on power instead. Which named armor set would you recommend?

Minion Master Armor

in Necromancer

UnderYourBed.6870

i guess berserk with the runes you told me would work great.

Minion Master Armor

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I wouldn’t worry about named, I would worry about the stats. For example, berserker’s armor is cheaper than Zhed’s armor, even though stat-wise, they are the same.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Minion Master Armor

in Necromancer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

i guess berserk with the runes you told me would work great.

Get 3 berserker and 3 soldier.

Minion Master Armor

in Necromancer

UnderYourBed.6870

Cool. thanks a lot buddy! ^^

Minion Master Armor

in Necromancer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

I wouldn’t worry about named, I would worry about the stats. For example, berserker’s armor is cheaper than Zhed’s armor, even though stat-wise, they are the same.

We are talking about named as a skin

Minion Master Armor

in Necromancer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Cool. thanks a lot buddy! ^^

You are welcome bro

Minion Master Armor

in Necromancer

Posted by: HiSaZuL.2843

HiSaZuL.2843

Stats you don’t need as MM is healing and condition. Healing doesn’t scale at all… vampiric ect or scales like crap. Only thing that benefit from healing fully is well of blood. Condition… ughh… unless you are using scepter+epidemic+massive conditon/bleed durations. Its a worthless stat. In pve it will be overwritten by classes that can spam bleeds like theres no tomorrow. Everyone can apply bleeds faster then necro and the only time its benefitial to be condition is if you can take full advantage of epidemic. Which you shouldn’t have…. nor are you speced for condition damage.
Power and toughness are your primary stats. What else you take is up to you. Take vitality for tanking or precision for more dmg.

Minion Master Armor

in Necromancer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

The best looking skins ( for asura ) are named and dry bones ( http://www.gw2armor.com/asura/male/k2/light/front.jpg )
If you can’t find soldier named , you can get all of them as berserker and all accessories as solider.

Minion Master Armor

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Either rampagers or apothecary armor works fine with minions, and the healing power bonus will help if you run heals besides just the mark of blood regen, which is crap at best imo anyway. Use the life siphon heal trait and maybe the heal when leaving death shroud trait if you wanted to and your minions will stay nice and healthy. You don’t even need well of blood if you wanted to run the floppy gutbag (aka blood fiend). With rampagers you’ll pump out more damage and condition damage yourself, but less heals for the minions and you’d have to use runes with toughess or vitality to offset the lack of defensive stats, or if you run apothecary you’ll want some power/condition dmg runes. Just note, apothecary is the most expensive to make right now due to the stupidly low drop rate of karka shells. For trinkets, soldiers is a good choice, or rabid if you can find them.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…