Minion Master Build [Failed First Attempt, New One Soon]

in Necromancer

Posted by: arrownin.3128

arrownin.3128

Hey guys, since my last guide did pretty well for the Necromancer which involved blood wells and daggers, I thought I’d take a shot at another build guide, the rare minion master necro. After tweaking a bit, I found one that completely wrecks face and honestly, it’s so awesome to use a zombie horde.

in Necromancer

arrownin.3128

The focus of this build is to utilize retaliation from Death Shroud and the Axe 3 skill to reflect most damage that comes your way, while using minions to provide extra armor and healing. The result is a hilarious build that completely owns.
TIPS:

1) Make sure to upkeep ALL your minions. Yes all of them, except the flesh wurm, I’ll get to that.

2) The flesh wurm is a teleport that lasts for a long long time. The range is short, but keep in mind that it can go through walls, the vector goes directly from you to the wurm and passes through physical objects, which can make for interesting plays.

3) The bone fiend is kind of bad at his job, he’s kinda drunk most of the time, and this results in him becoming depressed on the job. He misses almost all of his immobilizes, however the flesh golem can help him out through charge therapy. Use the flesh golem charge to start your spike, use your fiend’s root while using your Axe 2 for a delicious meal.

4) Use the blind on your shadow buddy to simply shut down physical weapon users, it’s hilarious. Keep in mind that the blind does not last long, and is just a temporary escape, when used properly it can be very effective.

5) UPKEEP RETALIATION. I cannot stress this enough, constantly use death shroud and Axe 3 to do so. Make sure to use the death shroud 4 skill to heal your friends and keep your minions alive and kicking whenever the skill is off cool-down.

6) Use war horn 5 to make sure that enemies wont touch you, and war horn 4 to stop spikes or stop enemies from healing. It’s also good for stopping enemies from finishing your team off.

Overall just be the wave of unstoppable flesh that can change games, you are the horde and the horde cannot be stopped. Have fun Necromancers.

Make sure to post replies! I’d love to hear your feedback to improve this build!

(edited by arrownin.3128)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wulfrim.4793

Wulfrim.4793

Video is private.

Kara Bune – Elementalist 80 – Tarnished Coast
Katniss Shade – Necromancer 80 – sPvp rank – 29
Emma Wolfsbane – Thief 80 – Looking for Guild

in Necromancer

arrownin.3128

Video is private.

Oh! Thank you so much XD! That was a mistake on my part haha, I make my videos private until they’ve rendered enough for YouTube to get 720p. It’s fixed now.

in Necromancer

Wulfrim.4793

Also the flesh wurm has a 1200 range on the teleport, that’s not far enough to teleport between points.
The shadow fiend is 1 attack blind, that’s not enough to stop thieves or warriors and there is a large delay between the time you press it and the time the shadow fiend finishes his magazine and teleports to the target, has coffee with the target and blinds him.

in Necromancer

arrownin.3128

Also the flesh wurm has a 1200 range on the teleport, that’s not far enough to teleport between points.
The shadow fiend is 1 attack blind, that’s not enough to stop thieves or warriors and there is a large delay between the time you press it and the time the shadow fiend finishes his magazine and teleports to the target, has coffee with the target and blinds him.

Updated it so it’s a bit more informative and a bit less silly. As for the flesh wurm, I’ve gotten some weird teleports, sometimes it’s cross map and others the teleport doesn’t work. Every minion skill is just a quick action that can keep you alive or kill the enemy, it’s not about complete shut downs, but more like reactions to actions. If you can read the enemy every minion skill can be amazing.

in Necromancer

Wulfrim.4793

I watched the video, or well the first half of it and sorry for all the negative feedback but it seems like the minions are actually hindering your build. For one, the people in the video you are up against are extremely poor players. That mesmer just kinda sat there and took whatever you threw at him. If I had to guess that had to be his first three games as a mesmer. The guardian was literally attacking your minions multiple times. Still, even against really poor opponents your minions spent just as much time on cooldown as they did on the field from dying. I think if you got rid of the minions, changed your spec a bit and grabbed well of suffering and well of corruption or even the standard plague signet spectral skills you would have more success. Just my two cents.

in Necromancer

arrownin.3128

I watched the video, or well the first half of it and sorry for all the negative feedback but it seems like the minions are actually hindering your build. For one, the people in the video you are up against are extremely poor players. That mesmer just kinda sat there and took whatever you threw at him. If I had to guess that had to be his first three games as a mesmer. The guardian was literally attacking your minions multiple times. Still, even against really poor opponents your minions spent just as much time on cooldown as they did on the field from dying. I think if you got rid of the minions, changed your spec a bit and grabbed well of suffering and well of corruption or even the standard plague signet spectral skills you would have more success. Just my two cents.

Well this was a bad example but I’ve been using this build all week and it’s been treating me very well. Hardly lost any games. Plus I could go optimal but this isn’t about using the best stuff, it’s a build for minion masters.

in Necromancer

Wulfrim.4793

Ah sorry, I’m a elitist and I’m always looking for new builds. I was just posting my feedback on this one. Good luck!

in Necromancer

arrownin.3128

Ah sorry, I’m a elitist and I’m always looking for new builds. I was just posting my feedback on this one. Good luck!

Haha well I would never rely on AI for any serious PvP, too unreliable. This was really just a test to see if I could make a functional minion build for hot join stuff. Plus its pretty hilarious using all these minions XD. But yeah you’re completely right, no way would this be good for tournament play.

in Necromancer

Posted by: KTKTKT.1853

KTKTKT.1853

minion master is not viable move along

in Necromancer

Posted by: psyt.9415

psyt.9415

I had some fun with a minion master build today. Kind of sucked every time capricorn rolled around since as soon as I hit the water it seemed to throw all my pets on cool down and the fact they dont regen but other wise i was able to do fairly well other besides that. Better cd and regen and moving a few traits into different trees and I could see MM being viable.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Croatoan.8345

Croatoan.8345

Great build. Worked fine for me.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Teknomancer.8475

Teknomancer.8475

Where are you guys using this build?? No matter what you do because the minion AI is completely off whack right now ANY minion build will be sub-par.
Are you guys winning in Spvp?
If so I highley doubt your wins are attributed to the spec of one player ( yourself) on your team.
Are you playing Tpvp?
Then I can slightly see how you may contribute to a team win by point holding, and that is about it.
Are you playing WvWvW?
Then I would argue your pets are getting demolished in the aoe zerg.
Like stated earlier. Until minion AI is fixed MM builds are always going to be behind other builds. It might be really really fun to play yes, but ultimately not the best choice right now =(

in Necromancer

Posted by: KTKTKT.1853

KTKTKT.1853

Where are you guys using this build?? No matter what you do because the minion AI is completely off whack right now ANY minion build will be sub-par.
Are you guys winning in Spvp?
If so I highley doubt your wins are attributed to the spec of one player ( yourself) on your team.
Are you playing Tpvp?
Then I can slightly see how you may contribute to a team win by point holding, and that is about it.
Are you playing WvWvW?
Then I would argue your pets are getting demolished in the aoe zerg.
Like stated earlier. Until minion AI is fixed MM builds are always going to be behind other builds. It might be really really fun to play yes, but ultimately not the best choice right now =(

^THIS! exactly minion=useless

in Necromancer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

First time I’ve ever had to mute a video that wasn’t due to awful music.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Corpus.5347

Corpus.5347

I hope you don’t mind an attempt at constructive criticism for your commentating style? I will start with the stuff I liked.

No dead air, you consistantly kept speaking/narrating without allowing for much ‘down’ time.
Very little ‘filler’ words like ‘um, er, uh’ etc. that drives me nuts.
Funny at times.
You played your necro well, in my opinion. Which is difficult when you are concentrating on commenting as well.

Needs improvement:
You try a bit too hard, You seem to try to immitate a few different folks here. Closest I would say would be Tobuscus or however it is spelled. Consider how to bring out more of yourself, rather than immitating other popular youtube personalities.

The attempts at constant sillyness were a bit grating. Mix in some serious narration so the humor actually stands out more. Maybe explain a bit about what you are doing and why, your gameplan for that particular match, or something. Try to be both informative and funny. You had me chuckling a couple different times, but other times it was simply annoying.

Hope this helps, not trying to be a jerk. The build itself is pretty interesting, and I may give it a shot on my necro.

Rhyzen – warrior
Cyrix Casden – engineer
GSCH – Sanctum of Rall

in Necromancer

arrownin.3128

Thank you everyone for the feedback, I looked at the video today and realized that it wasn’t really all that good. It was pretty shotty work that didn’t demonstrate how the build actually functions, the entire video was pretty much an annoying mess of my rambling and unfunny jokes that just made me come off as kitteny. But this doesn’t mean that I’m just quitting, I’m going to redo the video with much more detail and a bit less stupidity, in depth guides within the post itself explaining the stats and strategies behind the build, and situations that it excels in and situations that it doesn’t do good at all in. I deleted the video off my channel, and there should be a new guide out by tomorrow. After using a minion build for a week in tournament play and in hot-join pvp, I know that it is viable, I just need to explain how it is. Expect a post soon that will be much better than this, and I apologize for this one, I can do better and you should expect better.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Corpus.5347

Corpus.5347

Thank you everyone for the feedback, I looked at the video today and realized that it wasn’t really all that good. It was pretty shotty work that didn’t demonstrate how the build actually functions, the entire video was pretty much an annoying mess of my rambling and unfunny jokes that just made me come off as kitteny. But this doesn’t mean that I’m just quitting, I’m going to redo the video with much more detail and a bit less stupidity, in depth guides within the post itself explaining the stats and strategies behind the build, and situations that it excels in and situations that it doesn’t do good at all in. I deleted the video off my channel, and there should be a new guide out by tomorrow. After using a minion build for a week in tournament play and in hot-join pvp, I know that it is viable, I just need to explain how it is. Expect a post soon that will be much better than this, and I apologize for this one, I can do better and you should expect better.

Awesome. Just give yourself a outline of stuff to speak about. you seem to do well at keeping up a good flow of conversation, just less over the top silly, more demonstration/explanation with your humor mixed in would be more welcome. Look forward to seeing your next vid.

Rhyzen – warrior
Cyrix Casden – engineer
GSCH – Sanctum of Rall

in Necromancer

arrownin.3128

Awesome. Just give yourself a outline of stuff to speak about. you seem to do well at keeping up a good flow of conversation, just less over the top silly, more demonstration/explanation with your humor mixed in would be more welcome. Look forward to seeing your next vid.

Yeah I really was just trying too hard and making the build look like it was amazing when I was playing against less than great players. I think most people like to see the build pushed to the limit instead of facerolling, so that’s what I’ll do. Plus I’ll bust a few myths people have about minions within the game

in Necromancer

arrownin.3128

I really think all this feedback goes to show that most Necromancers actually want to see a viable minion build, which is great because I do too. The new post is up and I will continue to add to it there, it’ll be a lot of work, but worth it in the end. Let’s make the Necromancer a master of death again.