Minion Master and Death Nova Traits

in Necromancer

Posted by: DarkHeart.1760

DarkHeart.1760

Hey all, blowing off the dust on my Necro and had a couple of questions:

Just need a little clarification. Does the Minion Master Trait “Minion skills recharge 20% faster” reduce cooldown on the summon skills (i.e. shorter down time after death) or the active skills (like Haunt)? Ideally it’d be both, but I seem to remember something about this skill being screwed up.

For Death Nova “Whenever a minion dies, it explodes in a cloud of poison that lasts for 3 seconds.”, does this work when you blow up your minions now on purpose or just when they die of natural causes?

Thanks!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Takarazuka.3025

Takarazuka.3025

Minion Master trait only effects the minions skills, not the summon skills. (Edit: WRONG! Bhawb has it right below)

Death Nova is triggered on the minions death. The only minion with an active “blow me up” ability are the Bone Minions with their Putrid Explosion.

(edited by Takarazuka.3025)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

It makes the summon skills 20% faster, I’m not sure about their active.

It does work for Bone Minions if you blow them up on purpose, but it doesn’t work for Flesh Wurm (and I don’t think it works for Blood Fiend, but I’m not sure).

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Takarazuka.3025

It makes the summon skills 20% faster, I’m not sure about their active.

Oh really? I could have sworn that it only effected their actives. I suppose it does make sens to effect their summoning though since most of the actives are either short… or end with the death of the minion… Been months since I played with minions though so I guess I am wrong!

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I just tested it (I wasn’t sure about actives), it doesn’t work on actives but does work on summon skills.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

DarkHeart.1760

I remember way back that (heard not tested) MM didn’t affect summons, hope it’s changed though as that’s the way it SHOULD be. I also thought (way back again) that Nova didn’t work on Putrid explosion. Hope these both work the right way now, could be fun…

So theoretically, you could drop a well of suffering, blow up yer minions get area blindness and poison and have cooldown reduced to 16 seconds (20%). Nice.

in Necromancer

DarkHeart.1760

I just tested it (I wasn’t sure about actives), it doesn’t work on actives but does work on summon skills.

OK, thanks! Good to know… seems like it should work on actives though. Would be nice to have haunt and charge on a shorter CD.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I also noticed when you go down you create a Death Nova also. Which is pretty cool.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Necromancer

DarkHeart.1760

I also noticed when you go down you create a Death Nova also. Which is pretty cool.

Really? That would be cool. You’re not by any chance using 6 “Superior Rune of the Afflicted” are you? Be cause they also create a nova when downed.

in Necromancer

Harbinger.8637

Really? That would be cool. You’re not by any chance using 6 “Superior Rune of the Afflicted” are you? Be cause they also create a nova when downed.

No, using Lich. I thought at first maybe it was my minions, but this is happening when they’re all on CD too.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Necromancer

DarkHeart.1760

No, using Lich. I thought at first maybe it was my minions, but this is happening when they’re all on CD too.

VERY cool then. It’s like the Mes trait that lets you shatter yourself!

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Are you talking about Downed state 3? Because we definitely do not create a death nova when downed, even with the trait for death novas.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Harbinger.8637

I was right. Here’s the recording.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Necromancer

Posted by: Panhauramix.2784

Panhauramix.2784

Wouldn’t it be the jagged horror dying under your weight?

Edit: NVM I posted it at the same time as your video.

80’s: Razdhül Necro/Desire Mesmer/ Ykarys War/ Yphrit Ele/
Panhauramix Guardian/Pistoleros Engineer/ Orbite Thief
Gates of Madness – Leader of Homicide Volontaire [HV]

(edited by Panhauramix.2784)

in Necromancer

Takarazuka.3025

Very odd…. and no it isn’t a jagged horror because those spawn when you kill a mob, not when you spawn. There is clearly a nova going off when you go down before the downed abilities come up. Hate to say it, but looks like a bug. The trait is not intended to work like that. Wish I wasn’t at work or I would test it…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bas.7406

Bas.7406

That makes a ton of sense actually. I have noticed that sometimes that happens to me, and other times it doesn’t. If I run with death nova it happens, and when I don’t it doesn’t happen.

There is a trait in the curses that does that when you fall, but I don’t know anyone who ever takes it haha.

in Necromancer

Takarazuka.3025

That makes a ton of sense actually. I have noticed that sometimes that happens to me, and other times it doesn’t. If I run with death nova it happens, and when I don’t it doesn’t happen.

There is a trait in the curses that does that when you fall, but I don’t know anyone who ever takes it haha.

Well if it is meant to happen then the text of the trait needs to be updated since it only says minion.. not you. Kinda cool either way! A last “screw you” to someone/something that downs you! hah