Minion Scaling

Minion Scaling

in Necromancer

Posted by: technosatyr.3784

technosatyr.3784

Q:

I’ve done some testing on my own, and I haven’t seen any evidence that my gear has any effect on my minions’ stats. I would summon a minion, have it attack a dummy for awhile, then I’d dismiss it, strip naked and have it attack again. Seemed to do the same damage both times.

Can anyone confirm this? Is there any gear stat that’ll make my minions stronger?

If they don’t scale with gear it feels like they’d become increasingly irrelevant at max level (just a guess, I’m not quite 40 yet).

Minion Scaling

in Necromancer

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

A:

No, gear doesn’t affects minions, you must use traits to buff them up a little.
Keep in mind – some of traits are bugged.

(edited by Halo.8976)

Minion Scaling

in Necromancer

Posted by: Daimius.7128

Daimius.7128

Yeah, he’s right. “Some” of the traits are bugged.

Minion Scaling

in Necromancer

Halo.8976

I just didn’t want to kill his pure soul with this cruel truth… =(

Minion Scaling

in Necromancer

Posted by: technosatyr.3784

technosatyr.3784

How odd. Engineer turrets and mesmer illusions all scale based on gear, but ours don’t. I use minions mostly because I’m still learning to incorporate ultility skills into my fighting style. Trying to find some way to remap the keyboard that makes sense.

Has anyone checked to see if the clicky skills scale with gear? (like maybe the bone fiend autoattack doesn’t scale, but if I click the one to make him root an enemy that would deal extra damage?)

Minion Scaling

in Necromancer

Halo.8976

No, and there more chances that bone fiend just fail stun an enemy anyway.

From my experience:

1. Minions are great for PvE, extra damage and in some way – your extra HP. Mining ori while zombies are busy killing my brainless minions – priceless.
  2. Minions are terrible for dungeons. One hit and they all are dead. Use wells, they’re awesome.
  3. Minions especially terrible for sPvP and WvW. They can be used by your enemies to getting up from downed state. You’ll hate this more when realise that you can’t get up by killing ranger’s pets or turrets >_>
    With one exception: Flesh Golem. It’s great for 1on1 and other small fight situations. It can regenerate while out of combat, and his Charge just pure awesome – so many died because of it.

Minion Scaling

in Necromancer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

Since this isn’t a gear-treadmill game, there really isn’t an issue regarding the ‘scaling’ of our minions. Its actually probably better that they don’t, as you can go ‘tanky’ with a MM and not have to worry about kittening your minions.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net