Minion masters will be gods again !

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

With these upcoming amazing changes , we will finally claim our right to rule !
Vampiric Aura ( Buff that allows allies “minions” to siphon health and increases our own ), Renewing Blast ( Life Blast heals allies that it passes through , this will apply to Life Rend/slash/reap according to wiki > This skill inherits traits from Life Blast. ), Nightfall+Soul Spiral > many leaching bolts , Soul Spiral ( from wiki > This skill inherits traits from Life Transfer. ) will heal our minions via Transfusion , Blighter’s Boon > Reaper’s Might + Chilling Force = much healing ! & finally “Siphon effects from Blood Magic, specifically the Vampiric traits, will heal you while you are in Death Shroud.
Life Siphon will be revised to heal you through the Death Shroud.”
When their AI will be fixed ( I’m sure that it will ) , we will wreak havoc again !

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

(edited by The Demonic Spirit.3157)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

When their AI will be fixed ( I’m sure that it will ) , we will wreak havoc again !

So you are saying that minion masters are still kittened forever?

I dont get it. Make up your mind.

in Necromancer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

So you are saying that minion masters are still kittened forever?

I dont get it. Make up your mind.

Well , AI will be fixed on HoT release . Until then , mm is not 100% viable build

guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zwets.3785

Zwets.3785

Even if you improve the pet AI, it will never be perfect, because it will never be as smart as a human. I would prefer pet design is changed to make AI less of a deciding factor. So AI should be eliminated as a problem as much possible.

• Allow pets to be summoned with a ground target area so they don’t need to path to the enemy, they will already be where they are needed and instantly start to attack enemies in their area. Less reliance on the pets following the Necro or the enemy.
    No more problems with minions being too aggressive or not aggressive enough. Simply mark all targets in an area and the minion will keep chasing and attacking near that area until all foes it can reach are dead or you leash the minion to a new area.
  • All minion active skills should be ground targeted and cause the pet to leap, burrow or teleport to the new target area. On arrival they use their special ability or they simply explode on arrival.
    If ranged minions run out of targets in their area, they should try to attack their master’s target without walking too far out of their ‘designated’ area.
    Pet active skill casting times and recharges need to be adjusted to incentivise constant re-leashing at a better location. Like when the enemy jumps down a ledge, or a ranged pet needs to move out of AoE.
  • A reclaim mechanic that allows necros to reclaim pets that are not in a useful position anymore, to reduce cooldowns on summoning/active skilling them to a better position.
    Maybe instead of destroying the pets(like engineer reclaim), this would call the pets back to the Necro and make them not attack anything, while improving the recharge on their active skill. Only when you use the active skill to designate a new area do the pets start attacking again.

(edited by Zwets.3785)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Papish.5806

Papish.5806

The reason why your build would be good on paper is because of the massive team/minion healing through auto-ing with renewing blast trait. This is where i have to ruin your dreams though. Renewing blast is being removed in core trait update and its spot is being taken by dhuumfire. Sorry bud

in Necromancer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

The reason why your build would be good on paper is because of the massive team/minion healing through auto-ing with renewing blast trait. This is where i have to ruin your dreams though. Renewing blast is being removed in core trait update and its spot is being taken by dhuumfire. Sorry bud

Can you provide me the source(link) about renewing blast removal ?
Even so , the other changes are wonderful !

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Renewing Blast attached to Reaper would have been the best thing ever forever.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Malchior.1928

Malchior.1928

Are they completely removing Renewing Blast?! RIOTTTTTT

[QQ] A Quaggan in Arah

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balekai.6083

Balekai.6083

Yeah it would have been nice for a support role with Reaper to have Renewing Blast on Reaper AA (honestly OP), but that would still leave it almost useless on Necro core. It would have been hard to balance between RS AA and Core AA moreso than Dhuumfire too.

Still with Healing Power, AoE Regeneration and Transfusion, you can keep your minions up a fair bit longer in many cases, especially in PvE. To the point where having 4-5 Jagged Horrors running around is pretty easy.

The future Vampiric is the trait that allows minions to siphon for you, since they’re combining Vampiric Master with the current Vampiric (which is a nice change that allows more room for support skills). Vampiric Aura is another beast they’re dreaming up for more support in the Blood tree. All we know is that the special ability will allow allies to siphon health. If this applies to all “allies,” than minions may get self healing through it.

The other minion trait changes are really good and open to all kinds of synergy.

Interesting ideas Zwets, but I think the best way to fix Minion AI is for Anet to give up on mindless minions (probably protecting Ranger Pets functionality). Give them normal NPC AI with a Passive/Aggressive toggle. That should fix many of the pathfinding and targeting issues. It appears that after three years they can’t make an automatic minion AI that hits the sweet spot of not attacking things the MM doesn’t want attacked, and attacking the things the MM wants attacked. Just let us choose and be done with it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: tboneking.2531

tboneking.2531

Aw man I didnt even notice they were deleting renewing blast. They should definitely somehow work that into the Blood Magic Line, maybe give it an ICD? I can see it being a little TOO good with the Reaper aa.

And yeah if we just had a command button to tell minions when and when not to attack that would make life a lot easier. Right now I feel less like a minion “master” and more like a father of 6 trying to shuffle his kids through Disney World.

in Necromancer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

This idea about fixing minions AI has been posted in the forum many times, however Anet didn’t apply it even when it seems that it’s the only solution !

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Its not like they can see it on the forums and see “oh people don’t like the AI, let me change it!” and then in 5 minutes fix it. Its tied into the AI of all mobs. The current AI system, assuming it worked properly, is great. It is simple, it gets the job done.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

I’m afraid I’ll never care for minions as long as they remain fragile but not disposable. And no they are not the same thing. Fine china is fragile. Paper plates are disposable. The minions we have now are like fine china, without the fine part.

in Necromancer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Its not like they can see it on the forums and see “oh people don’t like the AI, let me change it!” and then in 5 minutes fix it. Its tied into the AI of all mobs. The current AI system, assuming it worked properly, is great. It is simple, it gets the job done.

The overall AI of the entire game is fine , the problem is just with the Necro minions.
Guardian spirits , Thief summons , Elementalist pets , Engineer turrets , Mesmer illusions and Ranger pets are working effectively without any AI bugs.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

That doesn’t mean it isn’t tied to the AI of all mobs.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

MMs are going to be hurt by all the AoE that the new specializations are getting, especially against Reapers, who benefit from hitting multiple targets in melee.

Also, you will have to choose between Death Nova and Necrotic Corruption (which will be combined with Training of the Master ). Both are great traits, but it will be a tough decision. Do you want Death Nova so that you can benefit from your minions inevitable deaths + jagged horrors? Or do you want minions that can actually do decent damage when they attack and transfer conditions, yet do nothing when they inevitably die?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balekai.6083

Balekai.6083

MMs are going to be hurt by all the AoE that the new specializations are getting, especially against Reapers, who benefit from hitting multiple targets in melee.

Also, you will have to choose between Death Nova and Necrotic Corruption (which will be combined with Training of the Master ). Both are great traits, but it will be a tough decision. Do you want Death Nova so that you can benefit from your minions inevitable deaths + jagged horrors? Or do you want minions that can actually do decent damage when they attack and transfer conditions, yet do nothing when they inevitably die?

Speak for yourself! My Minions never die in PvP when I play an MM.

Because they’re all hanging out somewhere else while I take a dirt nap.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Minions will have a very strong way to deal with conditions, so AoE condi will be pretty mediocre, and remember we now get to go full BM support to heal minions while also giving them protection. Minion builds are about to get very, very tanky with an overall increase in damage to go with it.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vydahr.4285

Vydahr.4285

Minions will have a very strong way to deal with conditions, so AoE condi will be pretty mediocre, and remember we now get to go full BM support to heal minions while also giving them protection. Minion builds are about to get very, very tanky with an overall increase in damage to go with it.

I cannot emphasize enough how excited I am for this. We’ll actually get noticed for once. And maybe, just maybe, be a bit worrisome to opponents

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Renewing Blast ( Life Blast heals allies that it passes through , this will apply to Life Rend/slash/reap according to wiki > This skill inherits traits from Life Blast. )

Renewing Blast isn’t in the new trait system.

Minion masters are going to be extremely fun to fight as a shout-mancer or Cleave-Mancer. Hehehe.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

(edited by Dirame.8521)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

MM is definitely getting a HUGE buff with this new system. O/0/X/X/X/0 D/Wh+Staff Cleric’s MM is looking straight nasty. I’ll post what I’m seeing when I have chance, but on tablet right now. Also, looking at 0/X/X/X/0/0 Sc/D+Staff Apothecary’s MM. Looks nasty as well. Also, 0/0/X/X/0/X A/F+GS Cleric’s, as well. Two solid power MM specs or a condi MM spec with disgusting sustain. If they could get the AI fixed, MM is gonna be surprising a lot of people IMO.

(edited by Tman.6349)

in Necromancer

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

AI needs to be fixed and they also need to give necros at least a “Stop” command otherwise minionmancers will never be amazing dungeons etc cos the pets will continue to attack enemies when you dont want to … Asuran fractal – ooze for example.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Yeah. Would be nice if, after using the active (until the active is up again, maybe), you could have a chance to consume them for small amount of HP or pop them for some LF or even just unsummon them for shorter CDs. Anything really,, b/c yeah that is a problem. Not to mention that while they’re off going ham on whatever it is you don’t want them too, you also get stuck in combat speed/mode.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vangy.7403

Vangy.7403

I’m posting since release about command pet bar…even a very basic Attack/stop/comeback…. Still they don’t Want to listen…. So much potential on the strategy of gameplay that way..or to put it better just playable and not based on pure luck with the pets…..
We dont need Clever Bots…we Need Basic Pets that are listen to our will!

in Necromancer

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

wish they would have made a zombie minion in HoT. One that looks exactly like the necro but does minimal damage (aka: clone).

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I doubt vampiric aura will effect minions. It will probably only be player allies. Just like spotter, empower allies and strength in numbers.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

Even if you improve the pet AI, it will never be perfect, because it will never be as smart as a human.

It doesnt have to be as smart as a human, it should just do what a human says it should do (follow and attack). We aren’t asking for autonomous AI

We don’t need all that fancy crap, literally just fixing the AI to work as intended is fine. We don’t need commands, that is what Rangers do, we just need them to not have pathing issues.

yea not what i meant. I’m refering to all the times i want golem to attack instead of standing and staring at me and when its not on its own keeping up with me or my target. Tracking is what im talking about.

(edited by Ragion.2831)

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

We don’t need all that fancy crap, literally just fixing the AI to work as intended is fine. We don’t need commands, that is what Rangers do, we just need them to not have pathing issues.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: xlion.3065

xlion.3065

Exactly. Everyone who plays with minions knows this. From which probably follows that nobody at Anet does. Minions work fine on a completely flat surface (which is pretty much nowhere in the game) and completely fail as soon as there are tiny pebbles on the ground or a ramp.

Although Minion AI has been addressed a few times they pretty much do not work since launch. That’s a shame. Especially now that we can max out three trait lines (DM, BM and SR) and create a very durable vampiric monster which needs minions to
work in order to deal noticeable damage.

I still love running such a tanky (PvE) build on my Necro. being the last (wo)man standing, getting people back up on their feet and save the day … :-)

in Necromancer

Posted by: A Volcano.2510

A Volcano.2510

I played a couple of spvp games with my wife today where we duo queued up and both played minion master necros.

If we were both on the central main point, you could definitely see enemies approaching, see the army there, and then decide screw that I am not going to that point.

I think a team full of mesmers and mm necros maybe wouldnt phase the pros but it would bring the average pug team to tears.

I am somewhat disappointed that I have so much more success with an mm build than others. The celestial signet is okay. Wells are fine but I always played wells so they are getting a little boring.

I tried playing some stupid spectral build a few times with all spectral skills except for the heal. It was not that great I think.

I would love it if I could get some epidemic/mass cond sort of build going, but every time I try it I seem to not do that great.

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

With engineers having access to moa morph as well as the increase in the number of mesmers (many of which who also have moa just to counter rampage/lich/MMs) being an MM now is both amazing and horrible. It’s amazing because of it’s newfound synergy, it sucks because your entire utility bar gets put on cooldown very very often.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard