Minion responsiveness?

Minion responsiveness?

in Necromancer

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Anyone else noticing a boost in the melee minions response to combat after the new patch? Even in the labyrinth with the zerg i’m finding them almost auto responding to my commands.. It may just be wishful thinking but this would be the honest to god best thing to pop out of this patch.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

Minion responsiveness?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

I’m noticing the opposite, minion responsive seems worse for me in sPvP.

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro

Minion responsiveness?

in Necromancer

WereDragon.6083

Hm, that’s really odd, I was just doing tests in ganderan and it seemed instant when I hit 1.

Minion responsiveness?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

Worse, for me.
Golem back to standing around watching me & other minions fight, then running off and pulling mobs I didn’t attack off to the side when I finished the fight…. (Yellow not aggressive mobs)

Minion responsiveness?

in Necromancer

WereDragon.6083

I wonder what the difference is… Still testing, still almost spot on and instant attack assigning.

Minion responsiveness?

in Necromancer

Bweaty.9187

To add to the fun, some seem to be following my target as I swap. (Bone Minion)
Others seem to just stay focused on the one they started with till dead. Then do a 2-3 second shuffle on the ground, then go, oh your still fighting? I can help.

When I get CC’ed… they stop attacking/siphoning life back to me. Even if Im standing away from them when I get CC’ed…

Edit: Ok they working with CC in Orr, was scarlet invasion where they gave up when I was CC’ed.
Bone & Gol swaping targets with me, shad stays on target I started with.
The time before they get there out of combat regen, seems faster.

(edited by Bweaty.9187)

Minion responsiveness?

in Necromancer

Posted by: tattoohead.3217

tattoohead.3217

The issue with being CCd has been commented on by other posts im worried that this is intentional and its dumb… testing to come.

Overall I here most people saying that the responsiveness has improved, but not many people have been using minions so it may just be that they are finally noticing the minion AI improvements from earlier patches. Or it may be a stealth fix who knows (final rest anyone =P)

Minion responsiveness?

in Necromancer

Bweaty.9187

Ohh they seem dumb as ever. I’m on my MM build D or E now I think…
I’m kinda enjoying it! At least farming in Orr.
I think I almost like, that 1 follows the target Im attacking, 1 follows the first mob I hit. (Very nice for staff as I usally stand near a mob to pice thru to the one behind)

And well, golem. He’s not wasting DPS while standing near me while the other fight, he’s waiting to protect me in case some thief mob comes out of stealth, so he’ll be right on top of me if the situation happens.

I know, I know! There’s no invis mobs that sneak up on you in orr, but he’s dumb. I mean his head seems to be a whales boy bits, that I stuck on a huge undead chicken body… What do you expect from him?!!

(Sadly not on drugs, just going a bit crazy with the game)

Minion responsiveness?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Sad thing is, if a stealthed (or new) enemy did hit you, the flesh golem WOULD actually be right on it.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Minion responsiveness?

in Necromancer

WereDragon.6083

I might have to make a video my minions are giving kitten near 100% responsiveness atm. They take a second or two on target switch but it used to be 5+ before today’s patch.

I also took them into structured. They where on every target like flies to ****

Minion responsiveness?

in Necromancer

Bweaty.9187

Well I might make a video of my minions just giving kitten. Some minions swapping, some not, and golem standing around as the rest of us kill 3+ mobs in a row.

Minions attacking/swapping on first auto-attack was added months ago.

Minion responsiveness?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

It wasn’t added, its always been that way, they were just really bad at it.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Minion responsiveness?

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

I have also noticed a reduction in responsiveness. Very noticeable in both tpvp and WVW, where I might be wailing on a camp supervisor for up to a minute and the golem just wanders around aimlessly unless I use charge or the supervisor hits it first.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

Minion responsiveness?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nudd.2970

Nudd.2970

I really think we should have an attack button for the minions, but NO stop attacking button. Attack button for directing them, but they are mindless undead things. When a zombie starts eating brains it doesn’t want to stop. So why should my minions not enjoy juicy brains?

——

Some guy called Nudd

Minion responsiveness?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Morbridae.8607

Morbridae.8607

I really think we should have an attack button for the minions, but NO stop attacking button.

Agree on the non-stop carnage, but I don’t want them to be directed neither. Just make them attack the same exact target I am attacking at the moment: if I switch targets, so do them.

Morbridae (Norn Necromancer)
@ Sorrow’s Furnace (VE)

Minion responsiveness?

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I really think we should have an attack button for the minions, but NO stop attacking button. Attack button for directing them, but they are mindless undead things. When a zombie starts eating brains it doesn’t want to stop. So why should my minions not enjoy juicy brains?

The attack button is any button that has a targetted skill. Basically, your 1 is a target button.

My PvP Minion Build

Minion responsiveness?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dredlord.8076

Dredlord.8076

The attack button is any button that has a targetted skill. Basically, your 1 is a target button.

Which is a garbage way to implement it. It promotes dumbed down lazy gameplay.

Minion responsiveness?

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

And pressing another button makes it skillful?

My PvP Minion Build

Minion responsiveness?

in Necromancer

Dredlord.8076

And pressing another button makes it skillful?

The fact that you had to ask kinda says it all….

Yes managing 2 targets independently requires more skill than managing 1 at a time bawb.

Minion responsiveness?

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

They aren’t supposed to attack separate targets than you.

My PvP Minion Build

Minion responsiveness?

in Necromancer

WereDragon.6083

Alright, so I tossed together a ghetto video showing my minions in action.

Please excuse the kitten gamma, apparently fraps decided to use my ingame, fullscreen gamma which is set to max for some of those dark jumping puzzles. I play in windowed fullscreen where it uses the desktop gamma.

They haven’t given me a single hiccup, I may make another video showing off the target swapping too, whichi’m having no issues with.

This is extremely puzzling as just about everyone on this topic is having the exact opposit effect. Perhaps we can get to the bottom of this.

(edited by WereDragon.6083)

Minion responsiveness?

in Necromancer

Posted by: grave of hearts.7830

grave of hearts.7830

Here is a tip
Use dagger 1 to direct them to attack,it doesnt hint your target you aim them at him.
Leash range would be nice to be bigger though.

SoS Defence and Emergency commander
If you see a gear above my head……run
If you see me Offline,its totaly not a trap

Minion responsiveness?

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Leash range is 1920.

My PvP Minion Build

Minion responsiveness?

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

@Bhawb: While that range sounds about right, how did you actually test that?

I’m a Geeleiver

Minion responsiveness?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drawing Guy.3701

Drawing Guy.3701

I’ve noticed no difference in mob responsiveness – dumb as ever. Constant grass picking while I’m fighting. Last night I even had my Golem standing staring at my target not attacking – so I told it to charge and it put it on cooldown while it continued to stare doing nothing. I’m happy they’re no longer 2-shotted outside of PvP, but they’re still not on the level to make me want to go MM.

Minion responsiveness?

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I turned off fast-casting and went into heart of the mists. I first acquired aggro on a golem by auto attacking with staff out until my Bone Minion ran off to kill him, then I ran back until he de-aggro’d (hit the leash range) and ran back to me. At that point, I very slowly walked forward step by step until he went back to attacking (they “remember” their aggro if you leave range), finding the exact spot where the leash is at max range.

Then I used a mark, and placed it at max range, using the green/red indicator to place it right on the 1200 range. I walked forward to the middle of the mark (still quite a ways away) and swapped to my axe/focus off-hand, and started walking back to the furthest from the golem edge of the mark, and saw that the right where the range indicator for the focus skills being in range was the very edge of the mark, so:

Leash Range = (1200 range – 180 mark radius) + 900
Leash Range = 1920

My PvP Minion Build

Minion responsiveness?

in Necromancer

WereDragon.6083

I turned off fast-casting and went into heart of the mists. I first acquired aggro on a golem by auto attacking with staff out until my Bone Minion ran off to kill him, then I ran back until he de-aggro’d (hit the leash range) and ran back to me. At that point, I very slowly walked forward step by step until he went back to attacking (they “remember” their aggro if you leave range), finding the exact spot where the leash is at max range.

Then I used a mark, and placed it at max range, using the green/red indicator to place it right on the 1200 range. I walked forward to the middle of the mark (still quite a ways away) and swapped to my axe/focus off-hand, and started walking back to the furthest from the golem edge of the mark, and saw that the right where the range indicator for the focus skills being in range was the very edge of the mark, so:

Leash Range = (1200 range – 180 mark radius) + 900
Leash Range = 1920

That’s some science and kitten right there.

Minion responsiveness?

in Necromancer

Dredlord.8076

Minion responsiveness?

in Necromancer

WereDragon.6083

Not entirely… They arn’t supposed to be ranger pets… Hell why would I play a ranger if I can have 7+ minions that are fully controllable.

At this point you start bleeding into WoW turf where every class is the same, do you want a sword? Or a greatsword?

Minion responsiveness?

in Necromancer

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

I noticed a pretty significant reduction in responsiveness, at least in the Flesh Golem. I don’t use other summons most of the time, so I’m not sure if they are as affected. After the patch, the Golem was just stands next to me half the time. Really not sure why, but they definitely screwed something up. Not very useful with higher HP if it frequently doesn’t attack (and yes, I’ve tried using targeted skills. This used to happen rarely with it not attacking with the 1 spam skill, but using single target skills used to snap it out of that…now it often has no effect).

At least once you get it to respond, it’ll still switch targets when you do, just like it used to, but sometimes it just refuses to attack. This seems to happen more often on objects than it does on mobs, which is even more of an irritation for me, as I’m a condition build so my damage on those sucks without the Golem.

I did try other minions for an hour or so after the patch first came out, and they all attacked right away even when the Golem wouldn’t, so I’m not sure if it only affects the Golem, or if I just got lucky with those. The other ones wouldn’t switch targets though, whereas the Golem does. Not sure if that’s a change, as I haven’t used them enough in the past to remember whether they used to change targets when you do or not.

I don’t think we need controllable “pets” like rangers do. That’s their thing. I’d just be happy if the Golem’s responsiveness went back to how it was before. The increased HP is awesome in PvE, though.

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

Minion responsiveness?

in Necromancer

Dredlord.8076

Not entirely… They arn’t supposed to be ranger pets… Hell why would I play a ranger if I can have 7+ minions that are fully controllable.

At this point you start bleeding into WoW turf where every class is the same, do you want a sword? Or a greatsword?

I don’t know why you would still play a ranger if necro had a pet attack button

but I would play one if I wanted superior damage at max range, stealth, great mobility and better control over my pet, ALL things a necro STILL wouldn’t have.

try not to bring WoW into this….

you’re just making yourself look bad.

Minion responsiveness?

in Necromancer

WereDragon.6083

I don’t know why you would still play a ranger if necro had a pet attack button

but I would play one if I wanted superior damage at max range, stealth, great mobility and better control over my pet, ALL things a necro STILL wouldn’t have.

try not to bring WoW into this….

you’re just making yourself look bad.

I’m using WoW as a basis for an inferior class system and the fact that kitten near all of them are the same.

Also, not seeing too many rangers in PVP that must say something. =P

Either way, still having absolutely zero issue getting my minions too attack. I’m starting to think it might be internet related but i’m seriously running out of idea’s on what the issue is with other peoples minions.

Minion responsiveness?

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I’ve noticed there seems to be a proximity factor on Bone Minions and Flesh Golem. The ranged minions and Shadow Fiend don’t have this issue (though I always have Shadow Fiend engage with Haunt). If they’re standing around stupidly, get closer to your target.

I’m a Geeleiver