Minion skins?

Minion skins?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hanzo.9624

Hanzo.9624

Not sure if this has been discussed before but I was just thinking…minion/pet skins would be awesome. I dont know how they would implement it (something like Polymorph in WoW where you could get the different animals maybe?); like buy a Zombie skin pack with gems that somehow gives your minions an undead theme, etc. I’m sure they could come up with something more interesting than the current set to change things up.

Minion skins?

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

This is an amazing idea!
I think it would be difficult to implement since it is catering only to necromancers. If there were skin packs for pets/abilities across the board maybe. But that’s a lot of skin content… but great idea anyway

Minion skins?

in Necromancer

Posted by: yski.7642

yski.7642

I just wish I had my gw1 minions back – those things were genuinely scary. The minions we have now are too small and cute IMO

Learn the ways of the mighty Deathleaf: http://www.youtube.com/user/YskiTheBanshee

Minion skins?

in Necromancer

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

Great idea! I want to summon undead, not cthulhu monsters!

Minion skins?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Yes please do this!

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

Minion skins?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I’ve said multiple times I would do unspeakable things for fluffy bunny minion skins.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Minion skins?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vex.7486

Vex.7486

Looking at the GW1 flesh golem, that looks like a proper elite skill.
The GW2 version looks absolutely terrible.

Minion skins?

in Necromancer

Posted by: XelNigma.6315

XelNigma.6315

Engineers have been asking for racial turret skins (mainly asura engis) as well as legendary skins for the kits, seeing as engis have a kit out most of the time.

These kind of things would really give more personality to the classes.

Minion skins?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Great idea! I want to summon undead, not cthulhu monsters!

kitten that, i WANT Cthulu monsters, as in bone minions bone fiend Shade being k, just give it less sperm like animations… Wurm (the thing on the left) and Aatxes as golem (like seriously it already has the same animations); THIS being me~

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

(edited by Andele.1306)

Minion skins?

in Necromancer

Posted by: EverSeeN.1630

EverSeeN.1630

nice idea but i see one flaw :

who likes the current model to consider keeping the skin an option? i mean as a necro fav class player , when i first saw bone minion in beta i thought it was a joke .. thats like a bone> rat < . the only reason i got excited was cause i thought they would spawn like 10-20 cap so it could get pretty . but nooooo , not to talk about bone golem …
obviously whoever was on necro , doesnt really like the class enough to make it feel like death on the MM side. More like a butcher and his meat.

Minion skins?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Morvian.3270

Morvian.3270

I’m not entirely sure what possessed ANet to take such a drastically different art style on Necro minions this time around. I also struggle to understand why they changed the mechanic so much from GW1. The need for corpses was one of my favorite things about Necro.

If I can have my GW1 Flesh Golem skin, I’ll be happy. If I can get GW1 Bone Minion skins too, that’s just icing on the cake. I actually like the Flesh Wurm and Bone Fiend how they are now. Oh god, I almost forgot. Literally any alternate skin for Blood Fiend. Anything. I don’t care if it’s a mini unicorn with butterfly wings – a likely result given half the legendary weapons – just make it less gross. Having that minion floating around makes me worry it might drip on things – important things.

In all seriousness, I love this idea. I’d pay good gems for some minion skins. I’d pay even better gems (thousands, hundreds of thousands, millions!?!?) for my minions to work more effectively.