Minions die when Polymorphed by Mesmer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Windler.4815

Windler.4815

When Moa’d or Tuna’d, all minions die and go onto full CD. Not only are you a free target for the length of polymorph (10 sec), but if you’re also MM it’s another 16, 24, 32, and 48s (depends on the minion and you’re traits for lower CD). This has been an issue since launch, and it hasn’t yet been addressed. I think it’s foolish and a harsh penalty.

Windler
Spectral Legion [SL]
Jade Quarry

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

I don’t think it’s terribly harsh, as currently the only other hard counter for MM is massive aoe. Now I do not think our minions should go on full cd because of it. That means it’s effectively a shutdown skill not only for the duration of the moa/tuna but lingers after for the full duration of the minion cd, which makes the skill terribly op against MM’s. The cd should either begin the second we’re transformed, or have a shorter cd after the transform is over, maybe a 5 second one or something similar to skill cast interrupting.

I will say though, nothing is more gratifying than killing a mesmer as a moa then dancing on their lifeless corpse after the transformation is over…. I’ve done it multiple times lol.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

You know, back in my days of shroud moa, you were also able to stomp said mesmer with those chicken feet.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I’ve asked for this to be fixed for a long time, and they even said it was a bug. I gave up hope.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

It should kill off minions, as far as I’m concerned, the problem is it putting them on full CD.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

Yeh, same with other transforms. Or even more frustrating, elite going on full CD for getting wet…
It’s also kinda unfair feeling in sPvP, as you res with no life force, minions on full CD. That’s upto 1 min before you get your self back to base usefulness.

Raid on the Capricorn is a lesson in frustration as a MM. Step out the starting zone, put in water, elite despawns. Got to run around the edge of the map, or elite despawns.
Then, underwater combat, my client STILL always crash’s.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

On Raid on the Capricorn, why would a necro EVER leave the water? They are the best thing you could ask for to guard that point.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Panhauramix.2784

Panhauramix.2784

It should not kill minions, this is a technical issue from Transformation effect locking your skills a special way, thus killing minions in the process. We can argue all day that it’s a hard counter to MM, but I would like to add that some AI flaws, bump in terrain and melee issues if target is moving already count as hard counter to equip those skills in the first place.

If we can go in DS, get our skills locked and our minions stays alive, I dont see why we can’t transform into a moa, tuna, lich or plague and still benefit from our minions.

80’s: Razdhül Necro/Desire Mesmer/ Ykarys War/ Yphrit Ele/
Panhauramix Guardian/Pistoleros Engineer/ Orbite Thief
Gates of Madness – Leader of Homicide Volontaire [HV]

in Necromancer

Posted by: ManaCraft.5630

ManaCraft.5630

Also known as the reason why minions will never be viable in WvW.

The bird is the word.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Also known as the reason why minions will never be viable in WvW.

The bird is the word.

Pretty sure the reason is mass AoE spam. I think I’ve seen one mesmer using Moa in WvW since launch. Maybe a couple more, but I can still count the total on one hand.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

When Moa’d or Tuna’d, all minions die and go onto full CD. Not only are you a free target for the length of polymorph (10 sec), but if you’re also MM it’s another 16, 24, 32, and 48s (depends on the minion and you’re traits for lower CD). This has been an issue since launch, and it hasn’t yet been addressed. I think it’s foolish and a harsh penalty.

you must be spvp player to feel this way beacose spvp is only place in game were mesmers use moa +(I like to use it in water beacose its funny to turn ppl into tunas) but yea I dont see it as a problem I see it just tath this is one good counter againt minionmasters who are otherwize very strong in spvp just learn to dodge moamorph have nofthing else to say , its not hard

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

you must be spvp player to feel this way beacose spvp is only place in game were mesmers use moa +(I like to use it in water beacose its funny to turn ppl into tunas) but yea I dont see it as a problem I see it just tath this is one good counter againt minionmasters who are otherwize very strong in spvp just learn to dodge moamorph have nofthing else to say , its not hard

They can moa any time they want while in a 4-6 second stream of stealth… Please… Just please. Dodging what you can’t see IS hard. And all it has to do is “hide” them for 10 seconds and bring them back just like Rangers pets.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Only thing I found that has been viable at least until the minions are ready again is to save the elite for lich form and when moa wears off go immediately into lich form and summon all those jagged horrors. They last long enough and give you enough toughness that you can last until the other minions are ready. Just a matter of whether or not you are comfortable running without FG. Works for me most of the time.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Chances are, it’s going to be a shatter mesmer and once you’re moa’d just run away, dodge when the clones get close, and the only thing the silly mez can do is auto attack. It’s when you think you can continue the fight with them that you’re screwed. Until this skill gets brought into check, it’s op, and should be treated as such. A hasty retreat is your best option (them nerfing the escape skill on moa was a bad decision imo, but it is what it is I suppose), but good news is most of the time if you can avoid being shattered on, you still have a good chance of survival. Now on the rare occasion I did find a condi mesmer using this and it posed quite a problem. I was still able to survive, but only barely. Had any other baddies been around it would have been game over.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Myrkr.5803

Myrkr.5803

Thankfully Moa inconsistently effecting Necromancer minions is on the bug tracker

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Moa-Morph-inconsistently-effects-Minions/first#post2664582

Saddly no indication of a time frame.

Myrkr DraugrNecromancer of the Tarnished Coast

Suggestion for Necromancers Lack of Block/Vigor/Evade/Invulnerable

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

I spoke to a dev and heard they were working on it, but we’ll see what happens.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Windler.4815

Windler.4815

It really is sad. MM is such a fun build. It’s just frustrating with all the glitches in using it. Uneven terrain?… good luck with that fight. Your flesh golem will eat the side of the hill. Also, the flesh wurm doesn’t teleport correctly. If there’s a walk path to the wurm, you should be able to port to it. The one thing though that bugs me the most is the Moa. It’s one thing to get Moa’d out of plague or DS. That’s only one CD. It’s a fair exchange… a cd for a cd. But for MM to have all the utilities to go CD that’s 1 cd for 5 cds. It’s unfair.

Windler
Spectral Legion [SL]
Jade Quarry