Minions fix

Minions fix

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Hi guys , I know that there are hundreds of topics talking about this issue , but Anet doesn’t care ( didn’t try to fix them ).
1st – You should give them AOE resistance ( along with all summons ).
2nd – Give them the ability to heal them selves via Vampiric master trait.
3rd – Some of them should have normal cleave attacks.
4th – All minions should regenerate after each battle , not just flesh , shadow and bone fiend.
Finally – Give the minions UL back as it was in GW1 !

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

Minions fix

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

1 – This would need to be really masterfully done. Not saying it would be bad, but atm the only real way to kill minions 1v1 is to have pretty massive cleave (100b, glassier D/D eles), otherwise they are really difficult to focus down. I think it would have to scale up according to the number of people around. Say 10% AoE resistance for every enemy nearby up to 50% (note that those numbers are obviously a bit too much I think, but just the concept of scaling)?

2 – I don’t think this should be implemented. This would make minions far too sustainable. They just need to introduce minions into the game that support the “keep minions up all the time” playstyle, but the current minions are way too strong to have a bunch of survivability added in.

3 – This really changes their mechanics as is (they are single target except for actives), and would be too much of a damage increase unless they nerfed damage to compensate, and you can’t nerf their damage to give them cleave. Again, they could introduce a new minion with cleave, but that is another story.

4 – 100% agree. Just to note, the ones that regen are all considered differently than the ones that don’t; that is why they give LF on death and the others don’t. But still, I think at this point why not make all of them regen?

5 – ALL OF MY WANT. Seriously, this improves the entire setup by a lot.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Minions fix

in Necromancer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

2 – I don’t think this should be implemented. This would make minions far too sustainable. They just need to introduce minions into the game that support the “keep minions up all the time” playstyle, but the current minions are way too strong to have a bunch of survivability added in.

3 – This really changes their mechanics as is (they are single target except for actives), and would be too much of a damage increase unless they nerfed damage to compensate, and you can’t nerf their damage to give them cleave. Again, they could introduce a new minion with cleave, but that is another story.

As for the healing , did you forget that we got such a skill in gw1 ? ( http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Blood_Bond ). I would be happy if they add similar skill.

I will be satisfied if they changed Shadow and bone fiends active attacks to AOE ( AOE damage , not blind and immobilize ) , but our dagger should get cleave attacks instead.

guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

Minions fix

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Dagger does fine DPS on its own. We have plenty of AoE already, if they want to add a cleave weapon they can, but none of our current ones need more AoE added in.

I’d be happy if they did a similar healing skill, but GW1 was a vastly different game when it came to minions. My main gripe with the stuff I listed was that this is all flat buffs to minions, which are not in a bad place at all right now. They still need a bit of work, and none of these are bad ideas in theory, but you can’t start giving pretty big buffs to things that are already strong.

These are all fine ideas for new minions though; cleave, self-siphoning, etc.

My PvP Minion Build

Minions fix

in Necromancer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

But most necros say that MM build is weak and both condition and power builds are way stronger !
That’s why we need these " flat " buffs ! so that MM build equals condtion and power builds.

Minions fix

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

They’re wrong. MM builds do need a bit of help, but they are pretty good right now, flat buffs to anything but a bit of AoE resistance would be over the top.

My PvP Minion Build

Minions fix

in Necromancer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

They’re wrong. MM builds do need a bit of help, but they are pretty good right now, flat buffs to anything but a bit of AoE resistance would be over the top.

I’m a MM since gw1 , I still think that it’s the best build ever.
But we should equal conditioners and bursters !

Minions fix

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

We do, frankly. Every Necro build has a few problems right now, the biggest MM problem is AoE damage.

My PvP Minion Build

Minions fix

in Necromancer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

I agree
But will Anet listen to us ?

BTW ( it’s not just minions , but all summons )

Minions fix

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Actually each individual summon is in vastly different positions. Some are really strong (Spirits) some are way weaker in comparison. Minions are by far the most unique of them all though.

My PvP Minion Build

Minions fix

in Necromancer

Posted by: Morbridae.8607

Morbridae.8607

But most necros say that MM build is weak and both condition and power builds are way stronger ! That’s why we need these " flat " buffs ! so that MM build equals condtion and power builds.

Well, I don’t believe that the Minionmancer is weaker than the Powermancer or the Conditionmancer… Is just that it have its area of utility… exactly as the other builds.

I leveled up to lvl 80 using a MM as main, and I can tell you that I hadn’t encountered another profession so easy to play, and with that survivability. My necro was almost impossible to kill in PvE. I even went to grab a snack, and some mobs attacked me, and my minions killed them: it wasn’t rare to get back and find that I had leveled up while I wasn’t playing.

Once said that, just as I hit lvl 80, I find that the MM wasn’t an all-terrain build. I started to do dungeons and WvW, and I found that the minions were always one-shoted, wiped out by the bosses’ AoE, and that they can’t survive a WvW zerg.

Soon enough I decided that, if my necro was going to be minionless most of the time, then I could just respec him to at least have some skills other than the minions, so being effectively more powerful. So I tried some other builds, and settled for a tanky Powermancer.

So, choose the build exactly as you choose other builds: MM is very good to roam PvE, or even to fight 1vs1 with other players, but don’t take it to a boss with powerful AoEs, or to a zerg where a log of red rings will show up: the minions LOVE those red rings…

The minions doesn’t need more damage, or cleave, or wings, or to heal themselves, or even to be immune to AoE. They only need some good pair of eyes to see those red rings and get the hell out of them!

Morbridae (Norn Necromancer)
@ Sorrow’s Furnace (VE)

Minions fix

in Necromancer

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

I think minions should be customizable

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Minions fix

in Necromancer

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

IMO, minions only need a buff (a big one) on survival.

Their damage is lame but unlike GW1, we don’t lose our ability to do damage (other utilities deal more damage but the CD is too long and minions damage is constant).

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Minions fix

in Necromancer

Posted by: Plexxing.2978

Plexxing.2978

Actually, in reference to minion healing, I was thinking the grandmaster trait in blood line should have an addendum: Minions can consume conditions to gain health. It would work like “Consume Conditions” but for your minions. This might allow them to soak up more conditions from you. I would consider this trait if this change happened. I currently run 20 in spite for 30% minion dmg increase so I’ll definitely take a hit in dps, but I think it would bring the condition steal trait on par.

Minions fix

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

If they cleansed conditions, or “ate” them after like 5-10 seconds of them being on then I could see it being good, so long as it wasn’t some ridiculous amount of healing (just enough to heal a little bit of the damage done, but not all).

My PvP Minion Build

Minions fix

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

Honestly, Minions don’t need any big buffs, just small ones to innate traits.

for example:
reanimator- now procs off of minion deaths, cooldown reduced to 20 seconds.
protection of the horde- now combined into flesh of the master.
new master minor trait- gift of the dead- when a minion dies, it heals allies around them. (a very small amount, like 150-300 HP at level 80).

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

Minions fix

in Necromancer

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I disagree with everything for sPvP.

Minions are really strong and can tear apart enemies already. With rune of the Dwyana, if you heal, you can regenerate every minion you have.

Minions already do regenerate after every battle.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Minions fix

in Necromancer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Well I can’t disagree with you , but Rune of Dwayna is a garbage for MM.
Will you sacrifice your blood fiend just to heal the others ( small amount ) ?
Using Mark of Blood every time when it’s ready + transfusion is enough to keep most of them alive.

Minions fix

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

You’re not going to sacrifice it, but when you use it, it is going to proc it anyway, and you should be killing the minion yourself.

My PvP Minion Build

Minions fix

in Necromancer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

You’re not going to sacrifice it, but when you use it, it is going to proc it anyway, and you should be killing the minion yourself.

His auto healing is much better ( unless it’s critical situation ).
But it’s better to heal ur minions and try to keep them alive as they are your best way of DPS ( even if you are zerker ).

Minions fix

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

You should always be the cause of the minion’s death, if you aren’t then you have wasted healing. Every time that happens, you get two Dwayna procs, one on activating his death, the second on summoning him, which is 14 seconds of AoE regen.

My PvP Minion Build

Minions fix

in Necromancer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

But I won’t sacrifice with fighter runes , Power and toughness for the worthless healing power !

Minions fix

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Healing power isn’t worthless when the only time you’re using Dwayna runes is when you’re keeping minions alive. More healing power = stronger healing effects on minions = minions alive longer.

My PvP Minion Build

Minions fix

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

Minions aren’t really worth supporting with AOE regeneration. You can basically maintain regeneration on them with mark of blood alone, ignoring any support the rest of your party gives you.

In PvP your blood fiend’s passive auto attack heal is more valuable to you than your minions getting AOE regeneration.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

Minions fix

in Necromancer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Minions aren’t really worth supporting with AOE regeneration. You can basically maintain regeneration on them with mark of blood alone, ignoring any support the rest of your party gives you.

In PvP your blood fiend’s passive auto attack heal is more valuable to you than your minions getting AOE regeneration.

That’s my point

Minions fix

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I’ve made fairly successful PvP builds based entirely around 100% regen uptime along with WoB giving my minions and myself a ton of healing. Also, staff isn’t a required minion weapon, frankly if it wasn’t for the regen I’d drop it out of almost all my minion builds right now.

Again, if you are not the cause of Blood Fiend’s death you are playing wrong. I don’t see why this is so hard to understand. If you do not kill him, you aren’t using him properly. So since you are going to kill him eventually, 14s of regen AoE is fairly nice.

My PvP Minion Build