Minions should be fixed immediately.

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

80% of the time , they don’t attack my foe which force me to face it alone(specially as I’m a MM ).
( I can kill him ,but it takes 3x longer).

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dahaka.7280

Dahaka.7280

Yea they are really buggy i just stopped using them at around level 55ish (surprised i lasted that long) lol.

If your a Hatzring player add me

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZtriDer.9573

ZtriDer.9573

Warning, drunk writing.

Pets? What pets? When they all run off from me and did not do as I said, I just change my skills to something usefull instead.
If they come back to me again I’ll shoo them away, no food they will get until they do as I say.
So if they dont want to listen to the master, to bad for them then I’ll be their disaster.

Lost where no man has been lost before!

(edited by ZtriDer.9573)

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

80% of the time , they don’t attack my foe which force me to face it alone(specially as I’m a MM ).

There is a flesh-golem bug too > I got -20% minions recharge time , however flesh-golem recharge still 60 ( has not been affected ).

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Asmodean.5820

Asmodean.5820

Minions are a bad joke. Let’s see
PvE: You play an Aggromancer. Aggromancer? Yeah, jump down a ledge and lean back and take bets which path your minions will take and how many mobs they will pull along in their wake. Of course, minions cannot even be dismissed…and even if they could there would be an abominably long cd on them. But nevermind…I mean jump into the water with a flesh golem and see what happens to your elite skill minion haha.
Of course this design is so great that when you play “Raid on the Capricorn” and are on the red team, jump down from the start location and summoned your flesh golem before…well, then you have to fight a VERY long time without your elite minion. Great, great, great design.

PvP: Actually you bring no minions with you to a fight but just a bunch of brainless hulks. Often they do not attack your target nor do you have the means to tell them: stop attacking and go for this guy now. Sometimes it ends like in the Benny Hill Show: flesh golem chases guy A, bone fiend fires at B and shadow fiend attacks the ranger’s pet. Oh well, sometimes the flesh golem just stands next to me and watches how I get beat up.

Last but not least the lack of control is just a joke. I mean even a certain well-known mmo from 2006 had the options to give pets the commands to attack a certain target, be in an aggressive or defensive or passive mode. or even tell them to go to a certain spot and wait there. Sure, it didn’t always work, however, it is lightyears away from this disaster – especially on a minion class.

(edited by Asmodean.5820)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Incubus.2701

Incubus.2701

I like to consider my minions my teenage kids…

If they go off to attack something that I haven’t even noticed (nor has noticed me) and I just run it off because I’m that aggrivated at my pets… the next time I want to fight something I feel like the conversation is as follows:

Me: Okay, let’s kill this thing and get out of here!
Pets: Why?
Me: Um… because we’ll die if we don’t. And those people need this dead. Come on!
Pets: Oh, so we kill what YOU want?
Me: Yes… I’m the master… What is your issue?
Pets: No, no it’s fine, I guess. (mob is at 20% health) We can kill what you want. Nothing I want matters…
Me: OMG just go wait in the car. I’ll be there when I’m done… last time I bring you out anywhere…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Iadien.6907

Iadien.6907

Anet should be ashamed of how terrible their minion AI is. Although, it is funny when minions go run off and attack mobs that haven’t agro’d me while ignoring mobs that are right next to them and attacking me.

in Necromancer

Posted by: chris E.4917

chris E.4917

I must agree with all the above stated. It is kind of surprising though, considering all the care that seem to have gone into creating this game that the necro minions are so poorly designed. I really hope that Arena net will give them an overhaul soon.

in Necromancer

Posted by: THExMUFFINxMANx.1204

THExMUFFINxMANx.1204

The only minion I use is the flesh golem and I don’t have a problem with it not attacking enemies, just the opposite, in fact. My minion always aggroes npcs at the most inconvenient times. o.O

Derisan

in Necromancer

Posted by: Riot Inducer.8964

Riot Inducer.8964

The only minion I use is the flesh golem and I don’t have a problem with it not attacking enemies, just the opposite, in fact. My minion always aggroes npcs at the most inconvenient times. o.O

The flesh golem seems to be unique in that not only does it randomly refuse to attack your target but it also has a will of it’s own and will run off to attack anything at random times.

I’m really unsure what to do anymore, honestly thinking of putting my necro on hold for a while until the minion AI gets addressed. When the minion AI does fully cooperate it is awesome and puts the MM up as probably one of the best necro builds for straight on damage, but the AI issues mean it’s not reliable at all.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

While AFK my flesh golem had run off and aggro’d Behemoth all the way from Queensdale. While I tried to fight him, the golem stood directly next to me just staring with that glazed look. After I had died, my flesh golem and Behemoth high-five’d.

Very annoying.

But seriously, this is a major part of the necromancer class that simply doesn’t work. You can fool yourself with well and power builds, but even the most staunch defenders of this class have finally given into the fact.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s