Minions

Minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Eon.5428

Eon.5428

So this is not a thread to complain about minion ai or how minions needs buffs though i would say both of those maybe need some looking into.

My question is does anyone but me hope they release more minion skills? I miss how many different minions there were to choose from in guild wars 1.

I assume when they do release an expansion which will be a while games still new that they will add more skills for every class but what does everyone think are minions fine now or would you like to see more different minions? For me anyways id be fine with even just different skins for the minions to mix things up.

Also just me or did the flesh golem look alot more menacing in gw1?
Encase anyone forgot what the gw1 golem was like ill throw down a link so you can see them and compare them.

gw1 golem http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Flesh_Golem
gw2 golem http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Flesh_Golem

Minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sarmach.1547

Sarmach.1547

I would like to see at least one more ranged minion. When I encounter a fight where melee pets get killed I switch to my ranged minions. The worm is my issue, the others I have are out 24/7 but the worm needs to be placed and it is almost a wasted utility when I’m clearing trash.

Minions

in Necromancer

Eon.5428

Yeah another ranged minion would be nice or possibly allow the worm to move or change bone fiend to summon two of them.

Also id really like a new skin for the bone minions right now they just feel so small and insignificant i at least want them to look threatening.

Minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

They could make the death trait horror into a wurm, would at least allow it to damage something right after spawning.

Minions

in Necromancer

Eon.5428

Digiowl thats an interesting idea would defiantly make it more usefull.

So are forums kinda dead or did i just make a boring topic no one cares to comment on?

Minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

yea , in gw1 Flesh golem was awesome and has a suitable skin.
I hope that Anet change all our minions skin and add more minion skills.

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

Minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: tim.5617

tim.5617

i’ve never bothered to play with minions past lvl 20 because of mutliple reasons, one of which included the looks of most minions, i’ve talked about this ingame with a couple of other necros, and some of use felt that the minions didn’t really give us a sense of being very necromancery (hahah :P)

not but seriously, let’s fix minion ai and general usefulness first though, i want to play with minions at lvl 80 and have them be a competitive alternative

Minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Craiger.8579

Craiger.8579

They have to make some big changes and buffs for me to play with minions…. I love minions, so it’s not that, but can’t see them as a viable option right now.

Even if they fix the bugs, I can’t see me using it….

Necro’s need some very big work and buffs overall, not just minions… and if they fix everything and buff the class, then I want to use minions instead, that’s what got me interested in the class way back.

Well all this is kind of off-topic since you were talking about more minions and different skins :P and to answer you, yes ! I want to see more minions (more interesting minions) and other skins…. I also agree that the Flesh Golem looked better in GW1, it looks kinda bad IMO….

Minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Onza.7165

Onza.7165

Yeah flesh golem looked awesome in gw1, never used it though… I always ran Aura of the Lich if i did minion based builds. Really hope a skill like Aura of the lich makes its way into Gw2!

More violence, less violets.

Minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dispari.3980

Dispari.3980

I also prefer the headless raptor bone fiend from the first game over GW2’s devourer.

Minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vangy.7403

Vangy.7403

i also like how the flesh golem on gw1 growing bigger as lvl goes higher!! also as always i want to mention that minions in guild wars 2 needs a pet ui so we can have the full control of them as a whole linked horde of minions.. imagine the posibilities of strategies in pvp and pve with controlable minions…

Minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Yeah I’m really not of fan of the models/skins in GW2. If they’re going to be an abomination they better look menacing. =p

I kind of wish pets could be more along the lines of AoC necro pets, I know lore doesn’t let them have humanoid sort of minions, but having spell caster or maybe some spectral type pets would be awesome. I see all the cool spellcaster-type Orr minions and I’m just extremely jealous lol.

Minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

While I agree that most of the GW2 minions look rather underwhelming (with the Bone Minions and the Flesh Wurm being exceptions), I’m still loving being a MM. Being followed around by a gaggle of dead things just makes the little necromancer boy in me giggle.

My main gripe with the build is that minions are still underwhelming when compared to other Necromancer builds (even more so when compared to professions like Warrior or Guardian). Minions are extremely squishy and don’t deal a lot of damage; I understand that the main benefit of minions is meant to come from their linked skill, but come on, let us command an ARMY, ANet! Otherwise we’re no better than glorified Rangers. :P

Things I would do to make a MM more fun:

1. Increase the base health of minions by 25% and their base damage by 10%.
2. Allow minions to regenerate their health in between battles.
3. Remove the innate health degen from Jagged Horrors. (Currently I’m hearing reports of Jagged Horrors dying before they even reach their target. That’s not terribly useful…)
4. Add a new Grandmaster Death Magic trait (“Order of Undeath”?) that doubles the number of minions summoned with each minion summoning skill. So you could have 2 Blood Fiends, 2 Bone Fiends, 4 Bone Minions, 2 Flesh Wurms/Shadow Fiends and 2 Flesh Golems following you around.
5. Bone Fiends have a 25% chance to cause 1 stack of Bleeding with each of their attacks.
6. Shadow Fiends have a 25% chance to cause Blind with each of their attacks. Their Haunt special ability now inflicts Blind to its main target and all enemies adjacent to that target.
7. Flesh Wurms have a 25% chance to cause 1 stack of Poison with each of their attacks.
8. Flesh Golems have a 25% chance to knock down a foe for 1s with each of their attacks.

Minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

Guys, i heard they were renaming our minions to properly match the current 3d models provided to us.

Flesh Wurm will now be the Pink Predator Phallus. They prefer the players to nickname it PP…P.
Bone Minions will be the Death Rats.
Flesh Golem will be the Bipedal Hugging Rhino.
Bone Fiend will be the Toothpick Crab.
Shadow Fiend will be Cartman’s Flaming Fart (for it likes to attract to the opposition)
Blood Fiend will be Squid Kraken Jr.
and the Jagged Horror will be the Post-Accident Fetuses. (Or Fetus, since they die before you can give them any love)

jk, they would never do that. They don’t care nearly enough. haha.

Minions

in Necromancer

Eon.5428

Zaxares excellent suggestions especially the life regen one for all my pondering I cant see any of the minions being a big enough threat that they shoudnt regain health.

Also love the grandmaster death trait idea i miss my minion army!

(edited by Eon.5428)

Minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aexrael.5918

Aexrael.5918

While the GW1 looks alot better than the GW2 golem, it would be cooler if it looked more like the Risen Abominations.

Minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

I’d very much so like for the bone minions to get a different skin. A bunch of rats with human skulls tacked on aren’t that menacing.

Heck, I would even like the jagged horrors to get a different skin. Something boney like GW1.

4. Add a new Grandmaster Death Magic trait (“Order of Undeath”?) that doubles the number of minions summoned with each minion summoning skill. So you could have 2 Blood Fiends, 2 Bone Fiends, 4 Bone Minions, 2 Flesh Wurms/Shadow Fiends and 2 Flesh Golems following you around.
attacks.

Oh man you have no idea how much I would like that skill. The minions would need to do something like 30% less damage to balance it though.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

(edited by striker.3704)