Moa vs Minions BUG?!?!?!?!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

So when i play with minions mesmer can moa me and minion are dead is that legit??!!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Transformations remove utility slot ins, so yeah been so since release (read the tooltips on plague and lich).

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

yeah but its too hard counter , atleast minion cd should be down

in Necromancer

Posted by: Uurik.2934

Uurik.2934

It is kinda ridic but also the Moa skill can be dodged, interrupted, blinded, etc. so there’s alot of ways you can make the mesmer waste it.

If you get Moa’d by a mesmer in a game try and remember that he has that elite and if you see him just play very defensively letting your minions do the work.

LoS him, dodge whenever you see him doing a cast animation, and keep him blinded on cooldown.

Remember that the Moa is his elite skill and it is meant to give him an advantage if he chooses to use it, just like our Lich Form or Plague Form. (We are spoiled with the flesh golem almost always being up)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

It is a bug, it has always been a bug. The tooltips on Lich and Plague form are there because they realized it was a bug, and wanted to make sure people understood what would happen on the use of those skills. They have said they would like to fix it, but I think it is either low priority for them, or it is something they just have no idea how to do right now because of the way transformations work.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Remember kids, when developing a MMO make sure to turn bugs into features of the profession noone of your core devs play, but always cause 2 gig patches if something is broken on your favs (like sigils not working on some effects).

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: multistrike.3546

multistrike.3546

If the hp increase for pve and wvw be true. Then this will be the only remaining big issue the MM will have. Losing all minions to a transform and getting all on full cd completely destroys any MM in any situation.
My solution to the problem would be to change the way minion skills gets on cd. Instead of the cd starts counting on minion death it should start on minion summon regardless of secondary skill activation. Therefore the MM would be able to instantly respawn its minions just once if they got swiped by transforms skills. Giving us a fighting chance without being OP and just respawning all the time.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

^No. No. Nie. ??. Ez dago. ??. . Non. ?.
Disclaimer: If any of the above translations are incorrect I assume no responsibility and blame google translator. Edit: apparently the forums don’t accept foreign letters. Oh well, just assume those question marks are more ways to say no.

As for why its a bad idea, its because the only real weakness of MMs is when their minions are down. For example, lets say you are in PvP, you summon minions at start of the match, and capture home point before heading to the teamfight mid (a very normal situation). All of your minions are off CD at this point, giving you essentially a full new bar when the first goes down. You go into the teamfight, many large AoE attacks are already blown anyway, and then when they see the MM they use the rest to take you out of the equation. Except wait, not only do they deal massive damage to themselves by proccing tons of Death Novas, but every single minion is alive again!

They have to deal over 75k damage twice to kill off all your minions. Wut? That is 150k damage required, assuming the minions get absolutely no healing (which should never happen) to open a realistic opportunity to kill the MM. That is ridiculous.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build