Modification to life force gain

in Necromancer

Posted by: Iridi.8473

Iridi.8473

So, after getting face rolled in 1v1s by condi warriors and bunker guards i realized the issue might not be the ridiculous amounts of blocks/heals/invincibility they have, but the fact that our attacks generate 0 lf from hitting them while they block or are invincible.

So my idea is basically to modify life force gain of skills in pvp such that even if the damage is blocked/absorbed, you still get the life force back from it as if it had done the damage.

This could make 1v1ing as a necro more viable and even make straight power necro viable because right now, if you’re up against one of the classes with tons of healing/damage mitigation, say a condi warrior, if you have really low life force, you’re basically dead because 1) you cant run away since we have no way to create a gap, 2) you cant fight back during his invincibility stage so you basically have to kite and try to stay alive (which the warrior is better at), and 3) once your life force is gone, you cant gain it back until his phase is over by which time you’re almost dead and loaded with conditions. And without stability, if you get interrupted trying to condi clear or heal, its basically over.

So i think giving us the LF for dmg that is absorbed might be a good way to make the necro more viable and versatile because atm, if you’re not being protected like the president, you’re dead and no other class has this level of babysitting required.

Necromancer is the worst class hands down. Wake up Anet.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Necromancer has many excellent tools to get around blocks. Warhorn 4, Soul Marks, NCSY, unblockable Corrupt Boon. If there is a problem with Necromancer, it is not enemy blocks.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Necromancer

Posted by: Iridi.8473

Iridi.8473

Necromancer has many excellent tools to get around blocks. Warhorn 4, Soul Marks, NCSY, unblockable Corrupt Boon. If there is a problem with Necromancer, it is not enemy blocks.

Funny you say that because its like you didnt finish reading my post. If an attack is blocked OR ABSORBED, you get 0 lf back. So while you conveniently brought up boon corrupts, lets look at focus skill “Spinal Shivers”. Unfortunately, if this skill is blocked/absorbed, you dont convert boons. You dont even gain LF for the skill so that’s a different topic.

And then there’s staff skill 5: Reaper’s Mark. Its a 30s cd and gives back 3% LF which for me is going to be 591 LF. That’s not even enough LF to enter back into shroud. Sure, its unblockable, but that doesnt mean it cant be absorbed. So if the enemy absorbs the damage, guess what? You get no life force. Same with Staff 4. Same with staff 3. Same with staff 2. Its based on whether you do damage or not.

Necromancer is the worst class hands down. Wake up Anet.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Funny you say that because its like you didnt finish reading my post.

So while you conveniently brought up boon corrupts, lets look at focus skill “Spinal Shivers”.

I didn’t bring up boon corrupts. I brought up Corrupt Boon.

Please, I understand how the game works, you don’t have to tell me about what skills will grant you LF and what won’t. These skills which grant block or immune and halt your LF are not imbalanced and they aren’t broken. If you learn how to play, you will be able to play around them.

Nalhadia – Kaineng