More Torment Please

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Posted by: Akrasia.5469

Akrasia.5469

Maybe the problem with necros, especially Condimancers is that we have the wrong conditions to suit our class. Imagine we swapped much of our bleed stacking for torment stacking? It’s a condition that would do massive damage to kiters and thus help with our lack of mobility.

Also I’ve suggested before that Dhuumfire should have a stack of torment added to it for each hit.

Anything anti kiting should be in our toolbag.

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

Maybe the problem with necros, especially Condimancers is that we have the wrong conditions to suit our class. Imagine we swapped much of our bleed stacking for torment stacking? It’s a condition that would do massive damage to kiters and thus help with our lack of mobility.

1. Staff #1 could get a few seconds of torment. nothing too big, just 2 or 3 seconds and see how it turns out.

2. Scepter #2 could be converted to torment.

3.Life blast should get a stack of torment (or bleeding) by default. longer duration or two stacks when closer than 600.

Akrasia

Also I’ve suggested before that Dhuumfire should have a stack of torment added to it for each hit.

I dont like the idea of putting two different conditions into this trait. either buff the burning or convert it to torment entirely.

Also, a trait that lets torment deal extra damage when movement-skills are used would be great.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Akrasia.5469

1. Staff #1 could get a few seconds of torment. nothing too big, just 2 or 3 seconds and see how it turns out.

3.Life blast should get a stack of torment (or bleeding) by default. longer duration or two stacks when closer than 600.

Akrasia

I dont like the idea of putting two different conditions into this trait. either buff the burning or convert it to torment entirely.

Also, a trait that lets torment deal extra damage when movement-skills are used would be great.

The 2 different conditions are to make life more difficult for condition removal. It is powerful but not op. It does do more psychological damage to a player who panics when they get his with multiple conditions. If the torment is a short duration then it does some damage(not a whole lot), more to kiters and scares the kitten out of someone with low condi removal.

I like staff having torment. Staff 1 Torment would be awesome though 2 or 4 would be good too.

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

I’ll be the troll here but torment is the revenant’s thing while bleed is supposed to be the Necromancer’s thing.

I’ll quote a seer of the Necromancer’s forum named Pelopidas :

Revenant is the proof that Anet read the necromancer’s forum

- large access to torment
- In combat mobility
- Partywide ferocity
- blast and firefield
… etc.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Posted by: Liege Tai.8249

Liege Tai.8249

Double the stacks we can generate, half the duration. = Problem solved.

EDIT: Some will need Tripling

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I would like to see;

Spectral Grasp, Feast Of Corruption, Mark Of Terror and Flesh Golem getting Torment added to them.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

I never understood, why we dont have that much torment access. Afterall the gw1 necro was the one who had essentially torment as hex in form of http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Weaken_Knees

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Torment would be nice, but it isn’t what is holding Condi necro back.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I never understood, why we dont have that much torment access. Afterall the gw1 necro was the one who had essentially torment as hex in form of http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Weaken_Knees

If I’m not mistaken we were also the first profession in Gw2 to have access to Torment. Now Mesmers, Revenants and Thieves have a whole lot more than we do.

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

We were given first access, never guaranteed to have the most access though. It would fit us strongly as an anti-mobility setup however.

My PvP Minion Build

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

This

And Torment is rather meh condition anywhere outside of PvP.
PvE mobs don’t move and that means less damage than Bleeding. Even if they start moving after mysterious AI updates in xpac, I don’t believe they will be moving constantly.

Adding kitten ton of Torment is meh for PvE, but OP for PvP.
It’s situational condition.

I wouldn’t mind adding it to Grasping Dead, but first we have to balance the “FPS PVP meta”, where you have to have instant damage and instant CC in order to be “viable” DPS.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Still disappointed, here, too, over how minor Necromancer’s access to torment is. Built a Rabid torment armor and sinister torment scepter set and everything.

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Posted by: Charblaze.6958

Charblaze.6958

This

I agree, but how about adding it to Necrotic Grasp and Life Blast?
Staff and DS #1 are a net dps loss for condimancers in every game mode, this would lessen the issue while giving great “utility” to every necro spec in PvP.

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Honestly I would put the torment on staff 1 and scepter 3 (in addition to the poison) and life blast.

Say 3 seconds of staff 1, 4 seconds on scepter 3 and 3 seconds on life blast.

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Condi necros main problems are abysmal sustained condi pressure and horrid survivability in a meta where everything hits like a truck. Carrion gives poor survivability (as does rabid) and the damage output doesn’t compensate for that. Although to be fair unless you run clerics, soldiers, or celestial (on ele or necro only) you won’t be able to really take many hits at all from zerker mesmers and the like.

I think Dire amulet would help a lot, at the risk of making things like trap ranger and burn guard totally overpowered by giving them tankiness where they don’t need it as much..

Also terror and PoC being in seperate tiers would help a lot as well, and reaper may make it more viable, at least at the casual tier.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I still want Brain Freeze trait somewhere accessible that makes chilling an enemy inflict confusion or torment :P

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I still want Brain Freeze trait somewhere accessible that makes chilling an enemy inflict confusion or torment :P

+1

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

+1

EverythingOP

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

Love it!

Alright meow, where were we?

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I want brain freeze solely for the trait icon.

My PvP Minion Build

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Akrasia.5469

This

PvE mobs don’t move and that means less damage than Bleeding. Even if they start moving after mysterious AI updates in xpac, I don’t believe they will be moving constantly.

I wouldn’t mind adding it to Grasping Dead, but first we have to balance the “FPS PVP meta”, where you have to have instant damage and instant CC in order to be “viable” DPS.

PvP mobs don’t move?
You’re one of the proponents of the boring dungeon stack tactic huh?. “Everyone stand in one spot and drop all your circles till everything is dead”. This is why GW2 PvE is dying. Hopefully HoT fulfills it promise of more challenging PvE. I’m hoping that none of the content can be won simply by standing in a corner.

And how is it op for PvP? We don’t have a lot of ways to deal with all the mobility of the other classes. Torment would help even that playing field. OP? More like balancing. And also fitting for our theme.

(edited by Akrasia.5469)

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Wow I love this idea.

Anything to buff the conditionmancer makes me happy (:

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

This

PvP mobs don’t move?
You’re one of the proponents of the boring dungeon stack tactic huh?. “Everyone stand in one spot and drop all your circles till everything is dead”. This is why GW2 PvE is dying. Hopefully HoT fulfills it promise of more challenging PvE. I’m hoping that none of the content can be won simply by standing in a corner.

And how is it op for PvP? We don’t have a lot of ways to deal with all the mobility of the other classes. Torment would help even that playing field. OP? More like balancing. And also fitting for our theme.

If you knew me, you’d know that I hardly give a kitten about current PvE at all. I have World of Warcraft for PvE If I’m fancy do do that.

If you put enough Torment to fully compensate for Bleeding loss in PvE, then while stationary PvE target starts to move, it gets ton of bonus damage. That’s why I said it’s situational.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

This

PvP mobs don’t move?

PvE hasn’t stacked in a corner for months. It shows you don’t even PvE when most meta groups just stack in the open.

And don’t go acting all superior about stacking and dropping circles, this is exactly what happens in WvW, with melee trains stacking for might stacks and boon share and elementalists/necromancers bombing a ring of warding target with their aoe circles.

This game has always been about aoe and stacking, because aoe spells do as muchg damage as single target spells if not more, and the way combo fields and boon generation work force groups to stack because you can’t get boons from blasting fire fields at range.

PvP is just the same, the specs that shine in spvp have always been specs with aoe to bomb a point with, case in point engineers with grenades and bombs, warrior longbow combustive shot, necro staff and wells.

The only single target spec in spvp ever has been thief.

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tadsoul.6951

Tadsoul.6951

If trying to improve the scepter I would suggest changing the aa and Feast of Corruption
The Auto Attack
Chain Blood Curse
Bleed 5s
range 900

Chain Putrid Curse
Posion5s
range 900

I suggest a 2 chain aa because it increases poison application which has use now before this would have been useless. the other benefit is its the smallest buff and change to the aa i could think of

Feast of Corruption 3/4 cast 10 second recharge
Apply torment. Apply additional torment for each other unique condition on the target. Gain Life Force for each unique condition on the target.
Torment 5sec
Additional Torment 5sec
Life Force 3%
Range 900
This gives us good incentive to use #3 which will give us life force and also a condi burst

to be honest i think a bigger problem is the fact that staff death shroud and our utilities dont increase our condi pressure much

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Posted by: Angel de Lyssa.4716

Angel de Lyssa.4716

The torment and confusion is only exclusive mesmer, necro that I can put more torment then be broken, it is not his specialty, is of Mesmer and of thief, and of revenant.

If you want to play inflict torment, play with the Mesmer, or thief or revenant, okay? but don’t saying the necro will can also inflict torment, because it is not his specialty, What’s up? the next thing is to ask Also inflict confusion? Those conditions only for mesmer, revenant or thief, because if I ask the Mesmer will can inflict fear with phantasm?

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

The torment and confusion is only exclusive mesmer, necro that I can put more torment then be broken, it is not his specialty, is of Mesmer and of thief, and of revenant.

If you want to play inflict torment, play with the Mesmer, or thief or revenant, okay? but don’t saying the necro will can also inflict torment, because it is not his specialty, What’s up? the next thing is to ask Also inflict confusion? Those conditions only for mesmer, revenant or thief, because if I ask the Mesmer will can inflict fear with phantasm?

Uh. I was under the impression Torment was designed for Necromancer. Necro’s DS5 was like a showcase Torment skill and was designed as a condition to Punish fleeing from the ever slow Necromancer.

Am I wrong about this? Warrior and thief got it later and mesmers torment access has been gradually increased over time.

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Angel de Lyssa.4716

Uh. I was under the impression Torment was designed for Necromancer. Necro’s DS5 was like a showcase Torment skill and was designed as a condition to Punish fleeing from the ever slow Necromancer.

Am I wrong about this? Warrior and thief got it later and mesmers torment access has been gradually increased over time.

The same day what added torment in the game, They put the condi torment With necro, mesmer and thief, Then later it put the warrior, They necro mensionaron only post the ad, but That alone is not a condic Particularly necro, they could have said Mesmer as the thief, but ultimately is a more specific condition of Mesmer, and now the revenenant.

The same thing happened with the condi confusion, which at first was only exclusive mesmer, and then it can inflict few professions, such as Inge, warrior, thief, etc, but not the guardian, elem, etc.

The necro inflict many conditions, and now that goal more confusion and torment, it would broken.

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Angel de Lyssa.4716

Do not want to be pessimistic about the topic, but give ideas and possibilities, you can use rune perplexity with fear if you interrupt inflict x5 confusion, and torment stamp, inflict x1 AoE Torment each 5s, combine it with the necro scepter and fear trait dps.

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Posted by: Snafoo.2869

Snafoo.2869

The necro inflict many conditions, and now that goal more confusion and torment, it would broken.

The necro inflicts less conditions than most other condition builds and no one is asking for more confusion, that isn’t at all what the thread is about and you seem to be the one pushing that idea.
Torment being his signature condition, like confusion being that of the mesmer, makes so much sense from both a thematic point of view as simple mechanics (wasn’t necro supposed to be the immobile death machine you couldn’t run away from?) that it’s mind-boggling they decided to give mesmers better access to it as well.

There’s been a lot of good suggestions in this thread already, my basic ideas:

1. Scrap dhuumfire as it is and replace it with decent torment application, they obviously don’t want necro to have decent fire pressure and tbh I don’t blame them, it doesn’t fit.
Alternative: Dread Visage ; Apply torment to everyone near (5 target cap of course) on a set interval when in death shroud. Short duration, but hitting them with your #1 increases duration.

2. Torment of the still ; Switches the effect of torment, so min damage is applied when the target is moving and max damage when it’s standing still.
This is mostly a possible fix to make torment more viable in PvE (where condi necro struggles the most imo), but offers some interesting options PvP (rooting someone in a torment burst for instance), which is why I’d probably add it as a master trait in curses, as an alternative to terror.

Beyond that I’d most like to see torment added to the #3 on scepter as was already suggested. It’s just such an awkward weapon set atm and really needs that extra little oomph to be a go-to condition weapon.

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Angel de Lyssa.4716

The necro inflicts less conditions than most other condition builds and no one is asking for more confusion, that isn’t at all what the thread is about and you seem to be the one pushing that idea.
Torment being his signature condition, like confusion being that of the mesmer, makes so much sense from both a thematic point of view as simple mechanics (wasn’t necro supposed to be the immobile death machine you couldn’t run away from?) that it’s mind-boggling they decided to give mesmers better access to it as well.

1. Scrap dhuumfire as it is and replace it with decent torment application, they obviously don’t want necro to have decent fire pressure and tbh I don’t blame them, it doesn’t fit.
Alternative: Dread Visage ; Apply torment to everyone near (5 target cap of course) on a set interval when in death shroud. Short duration, but hitting them with your #1 increases duration.

2. Torment of the still ; Switches the effect of torment, so min damage is applied when the target is moving and max damage when it’s standing still.
This is mostly a possible fix to make torment more viable in PvE (where condi necro struggles the most imo), but offers some interesting options PvP (rooting someone in a torment burst for instance), which is why I’d probably add it as a master trait in curses, as an alternative to terror.

Beyond that I’d most like to see torment added to the #3 on scepter as was already suggested. It’s just such an awkward weapon set atm and really needs that extra little oomph to be a go-to condition weapon.

I’ll say again. If you want to play inflict torment, play with mesmer or revenant. I hope do not put more torment to necro, and hopefully not, no need.

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

I’ll say again. If you want to play inflict torment, play with mesmer or revenant. I hope do not put more torment to necro, and hopefully not, no need.

Torment should have never been a Mesmer primary thing. In pretty sure they did it as a bandaid to the fact that confusion was bad in pve and generally too varying. Now that they changed confusion they need to remove a lot of the torment from Mesmer and give it back to Necromancer, who it makes sense with, and let Mesmers just focus on their silly confusion. THAT is the Mesmer condition.

Nothing about master of deception screams tormenting their allies, but confusion. Dark ritualists? That screams torment…

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Angel de Lyssa.4716

Torment should have never been a Mesmer primary thing. In pretty sure they did it as a bandaid to the fact that confusion was bad in pve and generally too varying. Now that they changed confusion they need to remove a lot of the torment from Mesmer and give it back to Necromancer, who it makes sense with, and let Mesmers just focus on their silly confusion. THAT is the Mesmer condition.

Nothing about master of deception screams tormenting their allies, but confusion. Dark ritualists? That screams torment…

The torment and confusion is only the mesmer and revenant, the necro stay with their bleeding and poison. Torment and confusion are more specialized conditions for a profession as the Mesmer, and is more similar to Guild Wars 1 with respect to their role. So again, if you want to play inflict torment, play with mesmer or wait until you can play as revenant. The necro not need to torment, they should remove it and put in place the freeze, which is its specialized condition, the chill.

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Kinda wish they would add Torment on Signet of Spite’s active, possibly 2 stacks.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

I suggested this in another thread. Add a trait to apply torment with dagger skills.

Quickening Thirst: +25% movement speed while wielding a dagger and all dagger skills apply 1 torment for 5s.

Move it to Curses to replace Chilling Darkness, and add a brand new Blood Magic trait to replace it.

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Khristophoros.7194

The torment and confusion is only the mesmer and revenant, the necro stay with their bleeding and poison. Torment and confusion are more specialized conditions for a profession as the Mesmer, and is more similar to Guild Wars 1 with respect to their role. So again, if you want to play inflict torment, play with mesmer or wait until you can play as revenant. The necro not need to torment, they should remove it and put in place the freeze, which is its specialized condition, the chill.

Necro is the only profession with torment baseline regardless of which weapon, traits, or utilities they use. It’s on shroud. We always have it. You’re saying it’s not a necromancer condition?

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I suggested this in another thread. Add a trait to apply torment with dagger skills.

Quickening Thirst: +25% movement speed while wielding a dagger and all dagger skills apply 1 torment for 5s.

Move it to Curses to replace Chilling Darkness, and add a brand new Blood Magic trait to replace it.

This makes no sense, dagger isn’t a condi weapon, why make it hybrid for no reason.

My PvP Minion Build

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Khristophoros.7194

This makes no sense, dagger isn’t a condi weapon, why make it hybrid for no reason.

We don’t have a melee condition or hybrid weapon. Notice that you’d have to take Curses to do it.

Ok how does this sound. Leave Quickening Thirst alone and replace Chilling Darkness (in Curses) with a new trait.

Fanatic’s Assault – Melee attacks apply 1 stack of torment for 5s. Inflict 1 stack of vulnerability for 5s when striking a foe with torment stacks over the threshold. Number of torment stacks: 3.

The vuln part would work with any weapon as long as the target has enough torment stacks.

(edited by Khristophoros.7194)

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

We don’t have a melee condition or hybrid weapon. Notice that you’d have to take Curses to do it.

I argue that we don’t need one. Cele signets does fine with dagger MH and if you take dhuumfire and reaper, RS will give you melee condi/hybrid application.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

So Necro shouldn’t have access to the condition that was explicitly designed with them using it in mind? What?

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

What? Torment is essentially http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Weaken_Knees (a dot that does additional damage on moving enemies) which is a necromancer elite skill in gw1. So coming from gw1 why would it fit mesmer more then necromancer out of all things? While gw1 mesmer certainly had skills that effected movement and were dots i dont recall one that works exactly like torment (unlike weaken knees in case of gw1 necro).

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

We don’t have a melee condi weapon, but making a garbage one with a trait isn’t a good fix. We already have two solid-ish condi weapons, fix those first, then eventually we can get a spec to address it.

My PvP Minion Build

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Khristophoros.7194

We don’t have a melee condi weapon, but making a garbage one with a trait isn’t a good fix. We already have two solid-ish condi weapons, fix those first, then eventually we can get a spec to address it.

Replacing Chilling Darkness doesn’t get in the way of making scepter better.

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jongi.7612

Jongi.7612

What I see from this post…

AHHHH I WANT TORMENT ON EVERY WEAPON!

Scepter, dagger, staff… whats next locust swarm applies torment as well? Choose something that you want torment on and stick with it, dont say everything needs it because it doesnt. What needs to happen is fix condition application. The necro went from the kings and queens of condition application and manipulation to being pretty poor at it. Everything doesnt need torment, does it sound fitting, sure, but more conditions isnt the solution to the condinecro problems.

We dont need a melee condi weapon though with chill damage talent with the greatsword its kind of coming. We need to get one set that works first than looking to put conditions on everything to make the problems even worse.

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tyriark.7825

Tyriark.7825

This.

This.

We were given first access, never guaranteed to have the most access though. It would fit us strongly as an anti-mobility setup however.

Staff 1. It would help in ways that are versatile across builds. It would apply pressure to enemies that are out of range when we are chasing, using attrition to help with the fact that we do not have mobility to catch up, and to help dissuade attackers from chasing as well.
As the Dev’s say, Numbers can always be tweaked.
Torment will not make or break our class, but it will definitely put us in a better position than we are now in terms of attrition and light control since we lack mobility and burst.
Its the mechanic that matters.
I honestly don’t see why they haven’t added more torment already with that in mind.

Stormbluff Isle
Xaiixmael – 80 Revenant
Tyriark – 80 Reaper, Xytrael – 80 Daredevil, Lythios – 80 Warrior

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Khristophoros.7194

I don’t think they would buff staff for condi damage because it’s already got a lot of utility. It doesn’t seem to be meant as a high damage weapon and the fact that the weapon itself has high base damage for DS and well of suffering in addition to that utility makes it quite a good weapon as is.

If anything I’d like to see scepter 1 hit multiple targets.

If staff was more effective at dealing condi damage it would make scepter obsolete because it’s got AoE condi application and utility. Scepter has a lot less utility so even if it had AoE condi application it would not make staff obsolete and so both weapons would still be useful.

Basically what I’m saying is staff doesn’t need a buff, scepter does.

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Its already been nerfed because of condi, it would be useless for power if not for the fact that power needs the range. Might as well make it good for condi, not as high damage as Scepter, but decent.

My PvP Minion Build

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

I was going to say… Staff isn’t exactly the bee’s knees. It’s just the only decent ranged weapon we have for Necromancer, as well as utility. It has been merged to hell and back cover the years though…

Over the years staff took some really cruddy hits:
- No more double blast finisher on putrid mark, lost the one that was actually reliable.
- increased Putrid Mark CD.
- Putrid Mark reduced from all conditions transfered to a set amount.
- a Putrid Mark no longer affects allies.
- Removed a bleed from Mark of Blood.

Meanwhile it certainly has ways it could be improved…

Things off top:
- Could give it a small condition aspect to the auto attack.
- Bring back the ally transfer but for fewer conditions.
- Give back the bleed.
And my personal favorite idea:
- Have staff 1 apply a 2 second cripple to enemies it hits beyond 600 range, giving it that flavor of being hard to escape the Necromancer.
- and increase the projectile again.

That’d be good. Just because you could argue scepter has it worse, doesn’t mean staff is perfect. And just because it’s used a lot, same thing. It just so happens to fill a gap that we have to alternatives to. :/

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Khristophoros.7194

Well considering that this thread is about adding torment to help condi necros, it doesn’t seem like the right place to talk about buffing staff because staff is really the utility weapon and it would overshadow scepter too hard if it was any better at condition damage.

More Torment Please

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

they could add torment to staff 5 scepter 3 and well of Darkness