My 5 Gambit Build

My 5 Gambit Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: removesoul.9670

removesoul.9670

Hey all…
Just wanted to share a build I’ve been using successfully on Deadeye dunwell 5 gambits.
The gambits I pick: Exhausted, On Fire, Squeamish, Frailty, Hamstring.
This is the build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fRAQNArYWjc00abRNW3webCchC6DIAi2o3gJYEoaLA-TRRTwAA2fwn+Auq/cUJ4FlfkCYRpRA-e

You can use any condi runes and sigils… doesn’t matter too much.

The key is too keep interrupting his Snipe shot with fears (DS#3, Staff#5, Pet Charge, Spectral Pull) and blinds (Dagger#4, Well of Darkness and blindness blasts).
I start the fight with Blood is Power and dagger#4 apply some condis, then DS- Sb’ing and all and switch to staff. Pull him into Well of darkness after he teleports. He should be down in 25 secs.
Also with this build he’s pretty much perma chilled which makes him cast snipe less often.

(edited by removesoul.9670)

My 5 Gambit Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Evo Sapien.5298

Evo Sapien.5298

This….WORKS.
After spending more tickets than i wish to admit trying to zerker chomper, or out attrition subject 7, and following a host of other guides etc, this was the easiest.

I failed the first time with an insta headshot but only because i hesitated when i should have beenactivating blood is power and spamming dagger 4.

On the second try I got it right. blood is power, then deathly swarm. followed up by dark path to get closer to him just in case. condi spam. he ports. spectral grasp him right into well of darkness. condi spam. doom, felsh golem charge. he never knew what hit him.

Thanks a TON.

My 5 Gambit Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

You want to blow dagger 4 right away? No thx. On a condi build you shouldn’t have a problem with thieves and mesmers.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

My 5 Gambit Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Evo Sapien.5298

Evo Sapien.5298

You want to blow dagger 4 right away? No thx. On a condi build you shouldn’t have a problem with thieves and mesmers.

Uh…if yuou dont use a blind on deadeye dunwell with 5 gambits on hes just going to oneshot you. And i dont know what thieves or mesmers have to do with it.

My 5 Gambit Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

lol
This is for a specific queen’s gauntlet 1v1 arena, not pvp.

@removesoul: since the strategy is to not get hit at all, wouldn’t it be better to use Reaper’s Might instead of Spiteful Spirit? After all you do use Life Blast for Dhuumfire at least once.

My 5 Gambit Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

What’s pve? Meow.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

My 5 Gambit Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: removesoul.9670

removesoul.9670

Hey guys, update: I tested this on Halmi Hammerfell (tier 1 boss. got too used to last year’s gauntlet where you had to do tier 3 boss) and it seems to work much better. The boss is much easier than Deadeye and easily interpretable with no mines to avoid.

@flow, actually both of them seemed pretty minor choices. I ended up changing this to Death’s Embrace (+50% damage when downed) for those unlucky fights when you happen to get downed. Happens sometimes after you farm him for hours and your mind is fatigued :s

@Evo Sapien, have fun… Now I think you need to be much less on your toes using this on Halmi… try it out.

My 5 Gambit Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

My build on th Halmi guy is similar but downs him much quicker and is safe.
6/4/0/0/4 Spectral Wall with Terror included.
15 seconds is tops.

Been doing it since last year when necro was much weaker. Now it’s just faceroll.

Leman

My 5 Gambit Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

15 seconds is tops.

Been doing it since last year when necro was much weaker. Now it’s just faceroll.

Whats the rest of the build? armor/weapons/traits/runes?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

My 5 Gambit Build

in Necromancer

skullmount.1758

15 seconds is tops.

Can you provide more info on what is different from op’s build? I’d like to try this, but can’t without more info.

Darkhaven server

My 5 Gambit Build

in Necromancer

skullmount.1758

So anyone else have a build (preferably complete, skills/armor/traits/etc) that can kill Halmi pretty quick (since I haven’t got a response back from leman)? I’d really love to try at least one of these quick gauntlet kill builds.

Darkhaven server

My 5 Gambit Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Velgor.4528

Velgor.4528

Was using this build for farming with my Necro, before i switch to thief, i used this if i could farm solo so no long cd in this build.

I belive i killed him in 14-16 sec for 5 Gambits.
Farming with my thief now, 10 sec for 4 Gambits.

(edited by Velgor.4528)

My 5 Gambit Build

in Necromancer

skullmount.1758

Was using this build for farming with my Necro, before i switch to thief, i used this if i could farm solo so no long cd in this build.

I belive i killed him in 14-16 sec for 5 Gambits.
Farming with my thief now, 10 sec for 4 Gambits.

Hmm, thanks. might have to try it.

(though this is necro forum, care to share the thief build? and which gambits)

Darkhaven server

My 5 Gambit Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Velgor.4528

Velgor.4528

Its basically just a simple Pistol Whip Build like 6/6/0/0/2, but i think i will switch to Necro again, since i have a prober skill rotation and know some dirty tricks with them now, i get even faster with him.

Its mostly the same build i just switched “chilling darkness” with “weakening shroud” and a other sigil. Now i kill him with necro in 11-13 sec (5 Gambits).

With Thief i need 24-26 sec (4 gambits) for a entire round (with activate gambit and stuff).
With Necro i need 26-30 (5 gambits) for a entire round.
So yeah, i get more with Necro, otherwise i can farm brainafk with thief more easily (just spam 4-5 Pistol Whips).

My 5 Gambit Build

in Necromancer

skullmount.1758

Its basically just a simple Pistol Whip Build like 6/6/0/0/2, but i think i will switch to Necro again, since i have a prober skill rotation and know some dirty tricks with them now, i get even faster with him.

Its mostly the same build i just switched “chilling darkness” with “weakening shroud” and a other sigil. Now i kill him with necro in 11-13 sec (5 Gambits).

With Thief i need 24-26 sec (4 gambits) for a entire round (with activate gambit and stuff).
With Necro i need 26-30 (5 gambits) for a entire round.
So yeah, i get more with Necro, otherwise i can farm brainafk with thief more easily (just spam 4-5 Pistol Whips).

Thanks, I wound up using this though:

k. But what traits though? I have probably at least 1000 tickets I want to use, and want the fastest way(s) to kill him. Thanks.
(I’m also assuming you guys are only using full zerker gear)

Something like this

I’d still love a (complete) necro build to kill Hammerfell quickly with 5 gambits though.

Darkhaven server