My WvW Build

My WvW Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cempa.5619

Cempa.5619

Hi,

Just got my 2nd Necro to 80 -Asura FTW- and have been doing some dungeons and WvW, like the build and working my way to Nightmare Rune!

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/necromancer/?5.0|6.1h.h1k|b.1h.h1k.8.1h.h5|1b.715.1b.715.1b.715.1b.715.1b.715.1b.715|1b.9b.1h.62.1h.62.1h.62.1h.62.1c.9c|0.u267.a2.0.u49b|30.d|3r.48.3x.3w.4f|e

In WvW the survivability is really nice, I like to mess players up with fears and terror hurst! In zergs bleed and poison duration really don’t matter -even in small skirmishes to that matter or even 1v1- its all about corrupt boon and epidemic! Since I hardly auto attack didn’t seem wise to use earth.

My WvW Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNArYWjMax7tbib8bKApCPPV47oHEHsxUKKPdA-jEyA4MBRaBI5JQpwioxWfLiGrmBTlSEV7RKiWtUAQsGA-w?

A slightly more even spread between Carrion & Rabid for roaming.

IMO stability stomping in WvW isn’t as fruitful as TPvP. The 784 health from Full of Life and 710 health + 3302 bleed damage from Mark of Evasion would be more effective.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

(edited by Ascii.9726)

My WvW Build

in Necromancer

Cempa.5619

I like the change of armour/trinkets but find myself with a question about Strength of Undeath + Foot in the Grave + 20% crit dmg + 20% Life Force Pool.

How do I put numbers to those? Power affects Staff and DS 1….DS 1 I might use once or twice in a fight so not an issue, Staff however, 2,3,4,5 is my burst chain opener then I pop DS and do my thing and off to Sceptre just until Staff is ready again.

15% Faster DS seems really nice, more fears = more burst!

My WvW Build

in Necromancer

Ascii.9726

In terms of damage added by the +5% damage and +10% critical damage it would be 96 onto Life Blast and 441 to 2, 3, 4 & 5 nuke (total) assuming every hit is a critical and you are above 50% life force.

Seen as your using dual Geomancy runes you will naturally be close to your target allowing you to land or even combo Mark of Evasion (dodging & swapping) much more.

Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

My WvW Build

in Necromancer

Cempa.5619

Cool thanks. What about Rune of the Mad King? 10% Condition Duration / 15% Bleed Duration?

My WvW Build

in Necromancer

Ascii.9726

I assumed you said you was farming Nightmare Runes for there very specific fear proc for this terror build, this not the case?

My WvW Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

I dont get why spend points on soul reaping on a condi build ? I mean the traits hardly benefit you. Crit damage in a condi build ? Life force pool ? When your running a build like that you hardly use DS for more than 3 seconds, most likely just to tank some damage and go back to staff rotation/epidemic.

This is what I sometimes run with, depending who I am facing tho.

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/necromancer/?5.0|6.1b.h5|b.1b.h16.8.1b.h1j|1b.716.1b.716.1b.716.1b.716.1b.7i.1b.7i|2x.0.2x.0.2w.0.2w.0.2x.0.2w.0|0.u347.k25.k25.0|30.d|3r.3w.3x.49.4f|e

Blood magic traits can be changed on preference..
Got decent amount of condi duration, corruption traits and if you wanna be more useful to your allies/guild or however you run in WvW then theres spectral wall for you, awesome skill if placed right and leap finisher = chaos armor to get those melees a nice edge in fights along with the protection. I dont run with any stun breaker because i simply dont need it, if I get CCd I pop DS and just back off, but really as you are ranged you shouldnt have a problem. Positioning is very important :/
Sometimes I switch spectral wall for well of corruption, meaning I also switch to targetable wells and maybe even 20% cdr on wells etc, like I said depends on the situation.
That build is for overwhelming the enemy with conditions, dont try and build some sort of burst into this.

(edited by Aphix.9846)

My WvW Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

I dont get why spend points on soul reaping on a condi build ? I mean the traits hardly benefit you. Crit damage in a condi build ? Life force pool ?

The same argument could be made about the Blood Magic line, especially if you use it to trait for hp siphoning.

My WvW Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

I dont get why spend points on soul reaping on a condi build ? I mean the traits hardly benefit you. Crit damage in a condi build ? Life force pool ?

The same argument could be made about the Blood Magic line, especially if you use it to trait for hp siphoning.

Not really imo…

Blood magic – vitality, extra healing, some decent traits such as mark on dodge, 20% cdr on wells etc and the siphoning can really add up to big numbers in wvw fights
while soul reaping got a bunch of DS specific traits and crit damage which I find useless in a condi build..
oh well whatever you prefer tho

(edited by Aphix.9846)