My (another) Deathly Chill suggestion

in Necromancer

Posted by: Khang Le.9578

Khang Le.9578

The problem before patch: Deathly chill didn’t stack with other necros.

The problem after patch: Deathly chill just isn’t as bursty anymore in pvp. and the bleed is easily cleansed.

My suggestion to fix both of these problems:
Change deathly chill to the following: Your chills now pulses bleeds over it’s durations

Bleeding (5 stacks) (1s)
Interval: 1s

What this means: Deathly chills now remain as bursty as it was before, and making the bleed pulse over duration instead of on chill applications does several things, firstly using Reaper 5 > 4 won’t stack 20 stacks of bleeds which is op. Secondly, the 5 bleeds from deathly chills isn’t easily cleansed without cleansing the chills itself, so it retains its stickyness. Thirdly, multiple necros can now stack their deathly chill damage. And finally, having 100% bleeding duration buff effectively doubles deathly chill damage.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Myralien.6754

Myralien.6754

+1
The deathly chill nerf basically brought a hell of alot of condis back to using core necro builds with party support via the blood line lol
It’s a bit annoying as Reaper Shroud offered way more in terms of mobility and spike damage.. but it’s hardly worth using atm

in Necromancer

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

+1
The deathly chill nerf basically brought a hell of alot of condis back to using core necro builds with party support via the blood line lol
It’s a bit annoying as Reaper Shroud offered way more in terms of mobility and spike damage.. but it’s hardly worth using atm

While I’m fine with the OP’s suggestion, the growing number of people who are not only finding ways to make the new DC work but also posting their builds for it using it in condi builds kinda hurts the credibility of your assertion there.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

So basically you want to have 10 stacks of bleeding just for applying chill on your enemy. That means not just the old burstiness of deathly chill, that means the doubled damage of it.

Sorry, but I think this is really too strong, especially since reaper has so many ways to apply chill.

in Necromancer

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

So basically you want to have 10 stacks of bleeding just for applying chill on your enemy. That means not just the old burstiness of deathly chill, that means the doubled damage of it.

Sorry, but I think this is really too strong, especially since reaper has so many ways to apply chill.

Fair point. with enough condi duration you would have the potential to have up to 10 stacks at a time… even if they would last only two seconds at most… huh…

in Necromancer

Khang Le.9578

I don’t get it, the old deathly chill damage was okay-ish, wasn’t super strong, its the -66% debuff and easy applications that made it annoying, the damage was just icing on the cake. In PvE, all your investments in condi durations just prolong a mediocre damage that doesn’t stack with other necros. In PvP you’d have to take Krait runes and Wanderer to achieve 100% bleed, losing out on Nightmare and Mercenary. Even then, the nerf to overall chill uptime should even this out.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Your solution does not change anything compare to pre-update since you still need to know to which necro the chill belongs.

I believe the change of functionality is great and I have been preaching for it for a very long time. Now you can argue about the balance (number of stacks, duration etc…). Maybe it needs to be shorter but more intense. I think the point was to make sure RS 4 combo did not make you explode, so too strong conditions were ruled out as well as too high stacks.

As Khand mentions though, the -66% debuff is what was the most OP about previous chill. I think it should have been nerfed to -33% and the duration kept, but that would have been a nerf to hydromancy and other non-necro chills. But I think this would have been fine. Chill was often used mostly for movement speed, but the CD increase is just too much.

in Necromancer

Khang Le.9578

Your solution does not change anything compare to pre-update since you still need to know to which necro the chill belongs.

I thought about this for quite some times now, programming wise, they could make necro with the trait apply a hidden debuff (aptly named Deathly Chill) to the target with the same duration as the chill that they inflicted, it stacks in duration, and is unique per necro. So multiple necros would each have various length Deathly Chill debuff assigned to them, the debuff itself would pulse bleeds.

If chill is cleansed or not present, the debuff also gets removed from all party involved.
If there are multiple source of chills, it would be possible to not have deathly chill pulse while still having the chill condition on the target, which is fair.

Previously this couldn’t be done because having an invisible debuff that directly pulse damage to you would be scary.