My biggest fear with Necromancer changes...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Osiris Shadow.5890

Osiris Shadow.5890

I like all the talk about getting new changes and changing traits around, however, I would like a little bit more communication from Anet about the specifics. I would hate to log into the game after the patch and find that the build I have worked on and customized to perfectly fit my play style is no longer usable. The traits and trait lines I use at the moment are perfect where they are, and if they, for example, put “Wells use Ground Targeting” in the Blood magic tree, it would throw off my current build and I would have to go back to theory crafting.
I currently have made 5 PvE/WvW builds as well as 4 sPvP/tPvP builds and, as much as I’d love Necro buffs, I would not like to have to completely re-work everything.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

I dont hope they change much actually… I LOVE necro at the moment. Will marks, AOE life siphon.. Everything. Its perfect… I have spent over 700 hours on my necro and im close to getting my legendary on it. If they change it, im going to be SAD

in Necromancer

Osiris Shadow.5890

Yeah. I love Necro. I have an alt of each other profession and they just are’nt as fun as Necro. I do everything on my Necro. Almost 2 Legendaries, Champion Phantom, almost 2k hours played on my Necro.
I do hope they buff Siphoning, and give us some access to vigor, but I don’t want them to kitten up and re-organized the traitlines

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zindrix.1750

Zindrix.1750

After playing other classes and seeing how their traits are, the necro traits are kind of placed poorly. It’s true that they’re not the only class with this issue, but overall the traits for necro are really mediocre. Rangers have a similar problem with the grandmaster traits being horrible though.

That being said, it’s probable that the changes they make for necro could only be better than where the class is now, but who knows, this is Anet after all. The worst thing that could happen is for necros to get some really nice changes and then everybody flocks to the class to start playing it only to get too much attention and then nerfed again.

Maybe I’m just pessimistic.

in Necromancer

Osiris Shadow.5890

I would love to get Critical damage with Precision like other professions have, but that would also throw off lots of the condition builds that use Precision. I think how Necro traits are set up is the reason we are able to be able to have so many different build types

in Necromancer

Posted by: galandor.1059

galandor.1059

I honestly don’t feel the Necro needs that many changes. They are game changers as is on points if played right, they can change the entire outcome of a team fight with 1 ability, and if left free casting can decimate enemies.

Engineer:Warrior:Necromancer – Rank 39

in Necromancer

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

I would love to get Critical damage with Precision like other professions have, but that would also throw off lots of the condition builds that use Precision. I think how Necro traits are set up is the reason we are able to be able to have so many different build types

I’m not too into my necromancer (well it’s my main, I did every dungeon and a few fractals but I don’t play with it when doing dungeons now that I have every other profession except ranger and engineer), but why would a condition build need precision ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bryker.5719

Bryker.5719

I’m not too into my necromancer (well it’s my main, I did every dungeon and a few fractals but I don’t play with it when doing dungeons now that I have every other profession except ranger and engineer), but why would a condition build need precision ?

A lot of necromancers use precision in cond.dmg builds for more barbed precision and sigil of earth procs. With high base hp prec/tough/cond gear is very effective on us.

Morte Novella – Necromancer | Bryker – Guardian
(Jade Quarry) Team Savvy

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I honestly don’t feel the Necro needs that many changes. They are game changers as is on points if played right, they can change the entire outcome of a team fight with 1 ability, and if left free casting can decimate enemies.

I kind of feel like if you don’t think Necro needs a lot of changes you haven’t played it enough or at high end. No small fixes can fix all of the issues we have:

Poor trait design/synergy.
Bloated traits (80% of traits have to be minion oriented to play with them, Stakitten require traited to even really be viable, and it doesn’t even include the CD reduction most weapon traits offer)
Low protection, Low regen, No vigor.
Many of our utilities aren’t useful.
Our best utilities hurt us unless we run a condi transfer build.
Our pet spec has silly AI and get AOEd down far too fast, and if they do, we are without the use of 80% of our traits.
We can’t start out the fight on an even footing because minions don’t regen and we start with no Life force and it regenerates too slowly.
Our Defenses are from DS, which kills itself when in it, then gets bursted down fast, provides no anti CC, and if we run out of life force we also lose access to a set of abilities.
If we use our defenses, it kills off some utilities (Spectral armor), Regen does nothing, our heal leech pet Blood fiend doesn’t help us (and in this time it can be getting attacked/killed especially from aoe), If you want to run with Leeching weapons/runes they can be wasted in Death Shroud.
We can’t rez or stomp in our “defense mechanism” which doesn’t stop CC what-so-ever, but people can mist/stealth/stability stomp no problem.
We’re forced into staff or Consume conditions to reliable handle conditions(which is less of a problem, I could care less about this but it is a little annoying).
We have no invulnerabilities so we take EVERYTHING, especially if we get weakened we can dodgeroll like once every 20 seconds (5% per second base, 2.5 if weakened).
^ In regards to that, our pets also take everything, they have no condi removal, or otherwise.
We have buggy abilities such as Doom, Corrupt Boon, down state 2 which sometimes even if it should go off, it just decides not to.
We’re slow as hell so we can’t roam as effectively as others.

These are just basic things that bring us down.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

A lot of necromancers use precision in cond.dmg builds for more barbed precision and sigil of earth procs. With high base hp prec/tough/cond gear is very effective on us.

This. Also, Necros have a lot of direct damage abilities no matter how you spec them (DS 1 and 4, Staff 1, Scepter 3, etc) so in addition to helping stack up bleeds faster, it gives you a bit of hybrid damage as well.

I kind of feel like if you don’t think Necro needs a lot of changes you haven’t played it enough or at high end.

Or you simply have a different opinion.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.