My favorite part of this patch...

in Necromancer

Posted by: OreoWolf.9564

OreoWolf.9564

honestly, its a high risk, low reward at best

Sure, if you continue to ignore the many options you are given to take advantage of it. Don’t blame the skill tho ^^.

in Necromancer

Posted by: fracture.9754

fracture.9754

Consume conditions, get 10 stacks of vuln, transfer them with x/d #4, pretty nice swing of a fight if you ask me.

I like staff + d/d necro set up. Looking forward to see what I can do with it! Probably not much, but then again this class is kitten anyway, so I stopped caring.

in Necromancer

Posted by: dood.7526

dood.7526

The stack of vulnerability only lasts 4 seconds. I think it takes that long for a dagger 4 just to reach the target.

Maybe you clear a row of conditions and then you get a bunch more reapplied to you. Now you’re taking 10% more damage from these new conditions while you attempt to transfer them. Maybe you fail to transfer them period, because you know, necros are easy to bounce around.

This won’t even be worth the cooldown to transfer. It is literally just a heal that invites people already hitting you to hit you even more.

in Necromancer

Posted by: fracture.9754

fracture.9754

The stack of vulnerability only lasts 4 seconds.

Ah, disregard my previous post then. Oh well, so glad I rerolled to main a different class.

GL all you necros out there!

in Necromancer

OreoWolf.9564

Consume conditions, get 10 stacks of vuln, transfer them with x/d #4, pretty nice swing of a fight if you ask me.

I like staff + d/d necro set up. Looking forward to see what I can do with it! Probably not much, but then again this class is kitten anyway, so I stopped caring.

That’s the spirit! Worse comes to worse, we’re in the exact same place we were before xD. People just need to wait and see how it works out.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

these specifically are really kittenty/ unjustified nerfs….unless your entire build is based on epidemic/ condi transfer.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cannabrah.7842

Cannabrah.7842

The stack of vulnerability only lasts 4 seconds. I think it takes that long for a dagger 4 just to reach the target.

Maybe you clear a row of conditions and then you get a bunch more reapplied to you. Now you’re taking 10% more damage from these new conditions while you attempt to transfer them. Maybe you fail to transfer them period, because you know, necros are easy to bounce around.

This won’t even be worth the cooldown to transfer. It is literally just a heal that invites people already hitting you to hit you even more.

These are the points I was making earlier. It is too short to be transferred but it is enough for the atleast 1 ppl attacking you to make difference since you take 10% more dmg.

in Necromancer

OreoWolf.9564

It takes 4 seconds to reach them at max distance, maybe. But using the same argument, it would take 3-4 seconds for someone to run from 1200 range to your spot without any gap closers.

And yes, the vuln only lasts 4 seconds. I Honestly have no idea why people are complaining about such a short duration vuln. Just fear that person attacking you or something, the vuln will be over before they can react anyways lol.

in Necromancer

Posted by: CratZ.6270

CratZ.6270

I think I’m just gonna roll a thief and kill necros, now even faster than ever before. Fun times ahead for everyone not playing necro.

in Necromancer

OreoWolf.9564

These are the points I was making earlier. It is too short to be transferred but it is enough for the atleast 1 ppl attacking you to make difference since you take 10% more dmg.

But if it isn’t worth the cooldown of transferring it and whatever else people are throwing at you, then why is it such a big deal? If they are already whamming on you, that condi transfer is instant. Also, I’ll say it again. 10% less damage isn’t going to save you from a 1v2/1v3 as a necro.

in Necromancer

OreoWolf.9564

I think I’m just gonna roll a thief and kill necros, now even faster than ever before. Fun times ahead for everyone not playing necro.

Can’t wait to lock some thieves down with a condi spike \o/. Fun times ahead for everyone not playing teef.

in Necromancer

Cannabrah.7842

But if it isn’t worth the cooldown of transferring it and whatever else people are throwing at you, then why is it such a big deal? If they are already whamming on you, that condi transfer is instant. Also, I’ll say it again. 10% less damage isn’t going to save you from a 1v2/1v3 as a necro.

Well I’d gladly take 10% less dmg against thief when I’ve just cleansed condis of me. Seriously you can’t argue that this is a good addition to our most potent heal since none of the other heals haven’t been buffed to counter this.

in Necromancer

CratZ.6270

I assume you mean spiking yourself down with own condis?

in Necromancer

OreoWolf.9564

Well I’d gladly take 10% less dmg against thief when I’ve just cleansed condis of me. Seriously you can’t argue that this is a good addition to our most potent heal since none of the other heals haven’t been buffed to counter this.

Nope, but I can argue that it isn’t a bad one either. People are blowing it way out of proportion for what it is; a 4 second vuln.

in Necromancer

OreoWolf.9564

Didn’t know vuln did damage to yourself… I’m learning so many new things today. Have fun getting feared instantly after my heal tho o/.

in Necromancer

CratZ.6270

Looking forward to see OreoWolf tell us how bad necro is when the patch actually goes live, its inevitable.

in Necromancer

Cannabrah.7842

Didn’t know vuln did damage to yourself… I’m learning so many new things today. Have fun getting feared instantly after my heal tho o/.

GL being forced to retaliate to things your own heal does to you.

in Necromancer

Posted by: dood.7526

dood.7526

It takes 4 seconds to reach them at max distance, maybe. But using the same argument, it would take 3-4 seconds for someone to run from 1200 range to your spot without any gap closers.

And yes, the vuln only lasts 4 seconds. I Honestly have no idea why people are complaining about such a short duration vuln. Just fear that person attacking you or something, the vuln will be over before they can react anyways lol.

This is kinda the problem here. If a thief sees you heal, he could teleport on you instantly and deal a lot of burst before you can act. A guardian can do the same and block all your responses to boot. People are going to recognize this annoying little caveat with time. The heal is putting you in a position to blow a 20 second cooldown to deal with a “harmless” 4 second condition.

We’ll see how it ultimately pans out, but I don’t have a single good feeling about this one.

in Necromancer

OreoWolf.9564

Looking forward to see OreoWolf tell us how bad necro is when the patch actually goes live, its inevitable.

Can’t wait to see CratZ complaining about everything on the Warrior sub-forum because he’ll quit thief when he realizes he’s not facerolling everything as he should. Thanks for the laughs ^^.

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

stop bashing OreoWolf.

and everyone stop complaining!

Necros are actually immensely strong now and after the patch.
I can barely wait to stuff all the other classes in their respective holes.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Necromancer

Cannabrah.7842

This is kinda the problem here. If a thief sees you heal, he could teleport on you instantly and deal a lot of burst before you can act. A guardian can do the same and block all your responses to boot. People are going to recognize this annoying little caveat with time. The heal is putting you in a position to blow a 20 second cooldown to deal with a “harmless” 4 second condition.

We’ll see how it ultimately pans out, but I don’t have a single good feeling about this one.

Yep, heal→get dazed/blinded and boost your enemies attacks with self-inflected condi. That just sounds brilliant.

in Necromancer

OreoWolf.9564

But for you to be pushed to use your heal, they most likely already blew a few cds/gap closers to get you to that point. I mean worse comes to worse, we just pop in deathshroud as I’ve stated, or prepare to dodge after your heal to avoid most of the damage. I’m not saying it doesn’t have a downside, I am just trying to make the point that it isn’t a big deal. You have the option to deal with it, but if you choose to not do so, it doesn’t mean you’ll be instantly downed due to 10 vuln stacks on you.

in Necromancer

OreoWolf.9564

Yep, heal->get dazed/blinded and boost your enemies attacks with self-inflected condi. That just sounds brilliant.

You can use doom while dazed, and transfer skills hit through blind. Infact, they even transfer the blind onto your enemy. What convenience :P.

in Necromancer

OreoWolf.9564

GL being forced to retaliate to things your own heal does to you.

I will enjoy finding ways to turn it into an advantage instead of complaining about it, thanks ^^.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

Before you need a healing skill to save yourself but now you will need another skill to save your healing skill.

OMG Anet you are a genius.

All is vain.

in Necromancer

Posted by: CastIron.7364

CastIron.7364

After reading through the changes with a clear mind and comparing them to the previous iteration I can’t help but feel that there is much needless crying about CC being altered.
Now it went from being the “one above all” to “situationally needed”, like all heals should be.

And for those crying that the old heals suck, we should try to deconstruct the old stigmas, as all of them got a slight mechanical change:

WoB: Now baseline targeted, makes it situationally good in WvW / possible nurse spec in PvP
CC: Now inflicts a condition after a full clear (2 if traited), becomes situationally good for specs heavily invested into condi manipulation
BF: Benefits from all changes made to allow MMs to be more bunkery, making it more than situationally good for those specs
SoV: I can’t believe I’m actually typing this, but making the active siphon through shroud makes the skill situationally good for Shroud builds focusing on sustain

I’m slightly hopeful after this announcement, only thing I’m scratching my head for is the change to Plague.

Shaak ~
Played build right now: “Cele” Base Necro with Axe WvW Roaming
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

(edited by CastIron.7364)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

After reading through the changes with a clear mind and comparing them to the previous iteration I can’t help but feel that there is much needless crying about CC being altered.
Now it went from being the “one above all” to “situationally needed”, like all heals should be.

And for those crying that the old heals suck, we should try to deconstruct the old stigmas, as all of them got a slight mechanical change:

WoB: Now baseline targeted, makes it situationally good in WvW / possible nurse spec in PvP
CC: Now inflicts a condition after a full clear (2 if traited), becomes situationally good for specs heavily invested into condi manipulation
BF: Benefits from all changes made to allow MMs to be more bunkery, making it more than situationally good for those specs
SoV: I can’t believe I’m actually typing this, but making the active siphon through shroud makes the skill situationally good for Shroud builds focusing on sustain

Feel free to take my post apart, but I’m slightly hopeful after this announcement, only thing I’m scratching my head for is the change to Plague.

Like withdraw is not the “one above all”, or healing signet or healing turret. Also a lot of other heals are outright better then the necro heals so nerfing CC did not do anything good.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Falcon.8713

Falcon.8713

And what stops you from transferring the vuln (or converting it to protection with well of power) after using your heal? Hmm… I guess there is always the warrior for passive condition builds…

let’s see evades, dodges, blocks, invulns, reflects,…

The only thing I see is something you can’t handle with Kappa

My necromancer got upgraded to a scythe-wielding maniac.. I like it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

The only thing I see is something you can’t handle with Kappa

Kappa?

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Falcon.8713

Falcon.8713

It’s a twitch thing.

Attachments:

My necromancer got upgraded to a scythe-wielding maniac.. I like it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Papish.5806

Papish.5806

Here is my 2cents. Yes CC was going to and needed to be classified as a type of skill. Not sure if corruption was the best route they went with it due to it seeming like they put the new corruption trait together first and chose CC’s type second and went crap, now we have to do something so its not a super low cd heal. While i am ok with the cd increase i am not ok with the vuln application and the additional condition added if traited for cd.(this also puts us with only well of power for a condition cleanse that does not need a target or leave us with conditions still on us, aka cant condi clear to get out of combat to get increased movespeed for rotations).

As to all the “but we have x and y for condi clear/condi turning”. Yes we do but that makes us extremely predictable ingame of, oh look necro popped heal i bet i know what heal will do next. Also, if we are using those to condi cleanse/transfer our self applied conditions it leaves us with less options to deal with conditions applied by opponents especially since all of our condi transfers/removals besides CC have now had a cap put on them for how many they can clear.

and imo its bad taste to have to gear/trait/pick certain skills just to make one skill you have worth using(specifically that the stuff you are chosing isnt to make the skill more potent, just bearable for use).

edit: wouldnt mind if they lowered cd reduction on trait to 20% and put CC cd back to 25 sec so it has same base cd as now, with same lowered cd(20sec) as with their current version of the trait. Could also tweak other corruption cds if needed to put them in same spot.

(edited by Papish.5806)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

The cast time on CC was enough counterplay, those extra conditions self are not going to help much we have limited transfer and foes condition on us too. I just don’t see the reward playing with self conditions and there is no way I’m choosing MoC anymore It’s also mostly single target or hard to transfer in AoE so what’s the point AoE cleansing and boon are still on rampage our boon hate only got improved for solo encounters. With an ICD there is no way I see myself slotting SoV other than PvE,no kitten way I’m using WoB I shouldn’t even think BF it doesn’t even heal in DS.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

“My favorite part of this patch…”
is that I can finally delete both of my necromancers (yes, I have only 2 ) to create RevenAnts!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pecar.1236

Pecar.1236

i can say only good bye necromancer welcome mesmer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tissitra.4153

Tissitra.4153

I kind of expected that necros would once again end up being the ones getting the shaft while everyone else profits. Still consume conditions now APPLIES conditions? The lack of logic is astounding.

Even engis now have aoe condi removal (aside from like a million more fields and finishers added). Exactly why is it that necros must be ‘balanced’ while other classes are ‘good’ and ‘fun’?

I am sorry but all of the changes made to necros in the past two years or read as though they are specifically introduced to create the perfect target dummy for other professions. Give necros JUST enough so that someone will still play them, yet make sure that they are countered by every single meta build.