My super emotionless list of suggestions

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

General suggestions / reasons

Add more stability and damage mitigation to the necromancer.

Necromancers are made to take damage. As it is a fundamental playstyle of the necromancer; they should not be penalized for it.
If the absence of damage-avoiding mechanics (blocks, immobilizes, evades, stealth) are to offset the greater armor/health stat scaling then there is no reasonable offset to the lack of stability. The lack of damage evasion makes necromancers the most compatible with the stability mechanic.

Protection is also another strong avenue for damage mitigation. If active defenses such as blocks, invulns, steaths, and evades are not allowed as part of the necromacners kit for reasons stated, then the protection boon is the easiest method to integrate into the necromancers traits/skills.

Trait Suggestions / Ideas

Spite
Siphoned Power: Now adds 3 seconds of Weakness on struck enemy.
Spiteful Renewal: ICD reduced to 3 seconds from 5.
Spiteful Spirit: Now also makes Unholy Feast unblockable (affects Axe skill as well)
Spiteful Talisman: Instead of 5% bonus damage to enemies with no boons -> Add 3 seconds of retaliation when protection is applied to you (see Reapers Touch change below) / when regeneration is applied to you (if no RT change)

Blood Magic
Vampiric: Now triggers when enemies are damaged by retaliation. Minion siphoning is moved to Vampiric Presence.

Curses
Chilling Darkness: Now Crippling Darkness – Blinding a foe cripples them for 2 seconds. ICD Removed.

Add stability to spectral armor.

Reapers Touch (focus 4): Adds protection to allies instead of regeneration.

Spectral Grasp Overhaul
- Make the hand larger / more visible.
- Initial activation will immobilize enemy on hit and will continue to immobilize for 1 second every second until hand is destroyed (like Binding Roots). Reactivate while holding on enemy to pull them towards you and chill them (ends destructible hand / immobilize effect).

Add a base amount of damage to all wells, say, 200 damage per pulse.

I’ll actually add more later.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

General suggestions / reasons

Add more stability and damage mitigation to the necromancer.

Necromancers are made to take damage. As it is a fundamental playstyle of the necromancer; they should not be penalized for it.
If the absence of damage-avoiding mechanics (blocks, immobilizes, evades, stealth) are to offset the greater armor/health stat scaling then there is no reasonable offset to the lack of stability. The lack of damage evasion makes necromancers the most compatible with the stability mechanic.

Protection is also another strong avenue for damage mitigation. If active defenses such as blocks, invulns, steaths, and evades are not allowed as part of the necromacners kit for reasons stated, then the protection boon is the easiest method to integrate into the necromancers traits/skills.

Well since death shroud which is the necro biggest defense (if not only) doesn’t work well in common situations (team fights) and we havn’t really something that works. we either need to supplement the shroud or improve it. If it is proven to not work then you improve. If thematics are preventing you from solving the problem then you either cahnge the thematics or you use some creativity. Giving access to traits that manipulate lif force outside generating can be done to help this. Health manipulation could have worked as well. Protection and stability alone will not cut it.

Siphoned Power: Now adds 3 seconds of Weakness on struck enemy.

That is just plain OP.

Spiteful Renewal: ICD reduced to 3 seconds from 5.

Will it matter it is trait that procks so late and I don’t think it works in the shroud making it too unreliable. lowering the icd might not be enugh.

Spiteful Spirit: Now also makes Unholy Feast unblockable (affects Axe skill as well)

Will this matter down the road? It’s one skill and a trait and won’tstop axe from being bad.

Spiteful Talisman: Instead of 5% bonus damage to enemies with no boons -> Add 3 seconds of retaliation when protection is applied to you (see Reapers Touch change below) / when regeneration is applied to you (if no RT change)

Hey don’t forget pve here. Also the synergy with focus is iffy becaus eyou can’t guarantuee that protection/regen.

Vampiric: Now triggers when enemies are damaged by retaliation.

This could be fun.

Minion siphoning is moved to Vampiric Presence.

Sure drill the minion master into the ground.

Chilling Darkness: Now Crippling Darkness – Blinding a foe cripples them for 2 seconds. ICD Removed.

I’m not sure if cripple is it worth it but fine.

Add stability to spectral armor.

It does solidify soul reaping even harder as necesairy but I don’t mind that much.

Reapers Touch (focus 4): Adds protection to allies instead of regeneration.

I’d rather not focus is an offensive weapon.

Spectral Grasp Overhaul
- Make the hand larger / more visible.
- Initial activation will immobilize enemy on hit and will continue to immobilize for 1 second every second until hand is destroyed (like Binding Roots). Reactivate while holding on enemy to pull them towards you and chill them (ends destructible hand / immobilize effect).

This might make me actually take it.

Add a base amount of damage to all wells, say, 200 damage per pulse.

Will it do anything? 200 is kind low.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Adding a base damage to all wells would mean they now also trigger Vampiric and Vampiric Aura. Not a big buff but a good QoL change in my opinion.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

I’d say that the only issue of your suggestions is that players hate to have to fight against bunker. Each time a bunker spec rose to prominence cry flow on the PvP forum and the bunker spec take the hard nerf bat. A good example of that is how Anet reduce the mitigation and survivability of rise!. (they also did it for skills that do the same effect on other professions)

Well PvP will be the bane of your suggestions.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

They should give necros " empathy from gw1" since we are ment to get hit and according to devs " necros want to get hit " empathy was really strong , u had to stop atacking, a thief would kill himself in 4 secs if he wouldnt stop atacking.
Skills in gw1 are much more fun.
And u have loads to pick.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

They should give necros " empathy from gw1" since we are ment to get hit and according to devs " necros want to get hit " empathy was really strong , u had to stop atacking, a thief would kill himself in 4 secs if he wouldnt stop atacking.
Skills in gw1 are much more fun.
And u have loads to pick.

Oh man, what I’d do for the old gw1 necromancer hexes. Insidious Parasite and Spiteful Spirit especially. And then Orders as our party support.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.