Nec vs Healbot = 1.2 k LIFE BLAST

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Hello.

To anyone getting bored of unranked trash wanting to spice things up with some power necro……. DONT !

Check out my dps in 15x might, zerker + strength + 2x wells. That is the 15/30s that the guy isnt invurable, reflected, dodging, or me being CCed or instakilled.

And divide by 1.3 , since that is cast firerate of lifeblast.

Attachments:

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

Hey fellow necro that can’t stop playing this ANet forsaken profession.

Base necro is so bad: zero stability, can only deal average damage in zerker while throwing everything else through the window… Since HoT I tried a non-reaper build, played one “game”, sweared to never do it again.

By the way, tonight I enjoyed power reaper with this build and it was refreshing to last long enough to actually annoy people. I was probably lucky enough to have good mates (or terribad opponents) because I did 6-0. (Did one game with you )

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

Hello.

To anyone getting bored of unranked trash wanting to spice things up with some power necro……. DONT !

Check out my dps in 15x might, zerker + strength + 2x wells. That is the 15/30s that the guy isnt invurable, reflected, dodging, or me being CCed or instakilled.

And divide by 1.3 , since that is cast firerate of lifeblast.

i feel the same pain i try the other day power necro not reaper and it was so weak lf 2.5k max at best i remeber when it hit more like 4k also it so slow it’s terrible you should try condi but the lack of stability will make you range quit while you watch your necro bounce all over the map like a ball

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Wow, 1.2k Life Blasts with zerker critical hits, that’s pretty lame.

On the other hand, if you really wanted to kill your opponent there are better skill rotations than LB spam.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

On the other hand, if you really wanted to kill your opponent there are better skill rotations than LB spam.

Actually not that true with power necro, when you’re free cast you want to spam DS1 as much as you can. Only that now its useless.

M I L K B O I S

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

I wonder what class you were fighting.

But overall, I feel that the numbers are alright and not pretty low like you seem to think. Afterall, if someone build tanky it would be a shame for him to take over 3k critical hits. Well, It would be a shame for the game balance at least.

I can imagine these kind of resilience for anything that have a mesmer supporting it, a death magic reaper, a tempest or an engi.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Flumek.9043

Its written in tittle which class i was against.

Also, think about it, would i even think about being able to counter pressure anything beside a zero invested dmg cleric tempest? Like lets say scrapper or druid?

I just wanted to point out how much defensive power creep theres been. True non broken (rev, scrap..) melee power builds just cant deal a scratch

in Necromancer

Krysard.1364

I wonder what class you were fighting.

But overall, I feel that the numbers are alright and not pretty low like you seem to think. Afterall, if someone build tanky it would be a shame for him to take over 3k critical hits. Well, It would be a shame for the game balance at least.

I can imagine these kind of resilience for anything that have a mesmer supporting it, a death magic reaper, a tempest or an engi.

It would be a shame too for a full dps build to not even achieve 3k per second when being free cast

M I L K B O I S

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Actually not that true with power necro, when you’re free cast you want to spam DS1 as much as you can. Only that now its useless.

If you want to kill them you need to debuff and stun them, rather than simply try to out-dps their sustain. It’s no surprise that LBs alone won’t kill a tank build like a cleric tempest.

in Necromancer

Krysard.1364

If you want to kill them you need to debuff and stun them, rather than simply try to out-dps their sustain. It’s no surprise that LBs alone won’t kill a tank build like a cleric tempest.

My point is, it’s no surprise since HoT.

M I L K B O I S

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

It would be a shame too for a full dps build to not even achieve 3k per second when being free cast

First, some of it’s life blast reach 2k6 when it’s oponent ain’t under prot, wich is reasonnable. And if 3k dps on tanky spec was available, you could just throw the game in the trash can since power creep would just destroy any non-tanky spec in 2-3 second. Beside all the pvp crew would probably rage against spec that do this amount.

Life blast is not a “burst” skill. It’s a skill that allow you to do a slow and heavy pressure but that’s all. If you want to burst with a necro, you need to stack a bit more damage sources (wells for example).

Now, i’m not saying that life blast don’t need work but at least the output is balanced.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Life blast is so slow. Base necro is still horrible. Stacking it up against an elite spec makes it look even worse.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

First, some of it’s life blast reach 2k6 when it’s oponent ain’t under prot, wich is reasonnable. And if 3k dps on tanky spec was available, you could just throw the game in the trash can since power creep would just destroy any non-tanky spec in 2-3 second. Beside all the pvp crew would probably rage against spec that do this amount.

Life blast is not a “burst” skill. It’s a skill that allow you to do a slow and heavy pressure but that’s all. If you want to burst with a necro, you need to stack a bit more damage sources (wells for example).

Now, i’m not saying that life blast don’t need work but at least the output is balanced.

it would be ok if the cast time got reduced by 50% and travel time

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

life blast is one of the worst “hard hitting” autos in the game. some people seem to think, 4k lb crit = 4k dps. ok listen. there is the 1sec cast time, .4 aftercast, slow as hell travel time. that dps tends to be a lot lower after all of that. meanwhile, longbow autos (rang, guard) probably have jsut as much if not more dps with tons more utility. i bet even a warrior longbow auto with that burning trait in tactics out dps’s lb. it used to be alright before the ferocity nerf, but that was before hot, a long long time ago. some other people say well spamming 1111 is bad. true, but base power necro has zero pressure without that spam. the cast time on skills are waaay slow and obvious, every auto sucks besides dagger, which is suicide against any other melee class. with wells you will get 1 maybe 2 tics if youre lucky. weakness imo is one of the only things holding power necro up atm. that and condi control.

so yeah man, i feel your pain.
we can always cross our fingers and wait for the next xpac though, but i bet since both shrouds are power based theyll go with condi next time. not a jinx, thats just how they think. all is vain.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Life blast is so slow. Base necro is still horrible. Stacking it up against an elite spec makes it look even worse.

Power Necro may suck intensely damage-wise. But it has incredible survivability for what its worth. That said, my base necro still kicks all the butt when it comes to Condi. I haven’t seen a reaper build that outright wins 1v1 against me. I admit that Reaper has better downed pressure, aoe and stab availability but I’ve guaranteed more downs as a base necro than Reaper. And guess which one definitely beats Mesmers more often than not?

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

(edited by Dirame.8521)

in Necromancer

Flumek.9043

Power Necro may suck intensely damage-wise. But it has incredible survivability for what its worth. That said, my base necro still kicks all the butt when it comes to Condi. I haven’t seen a reaper build that outright wins 1v1 against me. I admit that Reaper has better downed pressure, aoe and stab availability but I’ve guaranteed more downs as a base necro than Reaper. And guess which one definitely beats Mesmers more often than not?

Ceimash,
The topic is power necro and power creep.
A once deadly auto even in barbarian amulet can now be facetanked while in most offensive set possible. This is under ideal scenarios even, we 1v1 stood still and facetanked, no teamfight perma interupts or focus straight up countering projectiles for 50% immunity uptime….did i forgot to mention it can also facetank a full lich?

If you win against the current fotm 1v1 or other mainly condi reapers more often, just because the extra curses line gives you an extra passive transfer, that doesnt really make lifeblast any better does it?

Survivability is also pretty bad imo, but lets keep it on topic.

Its just the regular weekly demo of power creep, where you once could kill the top dawgs with a B-tier (top 15-20 ranked build) while now the top 9 meta ones are phzsicallz impossible to kill even with max glass canon.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lalainnia.3598

Lalainnia.3598

Hitting a cleric amulet ele with protection? Left out to much information imo. Cause if it’s a cleric ele with protection up that’s expected imo. How much Vul did u have up on the target, did they have frost armor active was there some rando mesmer ranger eng nearby that had a guard utility active at any point, just to much stuff missing to convince me tbh.

in Necromancer

Flumek.9043

Hitting a cleric amulet ele with protection? Left out to much information imo. Cause if it’s a cleric ele with protection up that’s expected imo. How much Vul did u have up on the target, did they have frost armor active was there some rando mesmer ranger eng nearby that had a guard utility active at any point, just to much stuff missing to convince me tbh.

Healbot is the slang term for cleric aura d/f ele yes.
I had 15x might and the vuln was around 5×. Its base not reaper but still 25x vuln is only a spike, its 10x otherwise.
The protection was normal 90% uptime as you can see a 2.5k crit every 1/998 shots, feel free to include that marginal dps increase and argue over the proven fact of an ele being able stay alive in it.
The frost aura was normal 50% uptime.

I think most of this was already mentioned or at least can be deduced.

in Necromancer

Flumek.9043

Ill try being clear again.

This isnt a “my X build cant beat this specific X build” complaint. Im well aware focus alone hordcounters projectiles. It is a “my MAX DPS build cannot even SCRATCH the new builds -even under IN PERFECT SCENARIOS.”

In reality I would have roughly 50-75% LESS DPS UPTIME.

Yet you cannot even force him offnode with 2x wells and a 3-min elite. That is how high the defense creep against power dmg is.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Damage is fine, if you fight any other class you will hit way higher than 1.2k.

What is holding back necro the most is revenant damage.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Ceimash,
The topic is power necro and power creep.
A once deadly auto even in barbarian amulet can now be facetanked while in most offensive set possible. This is under ideal scenarios even, we 1v1 stood still and facetanked, no teamfight perma interupts or focus straight up countering projectiles for 50% immunity uptime….did i forgot to mention it can also facetank a full lich?

If you win against the current fotm 1v1 or other mainly condi reapers more often, just because the extra curses line gives you an extra passive transfer, that doesnt really make lifeblast any better does it?

Survivability is also pretty bad imo, but lets keep it on topic.

Its just the regular weekly demo of power creep, where you once could kill the top dawgs with a B-tier (top 15-20 ranked build) while now the top 9 meta ones are phzsicallz impossible to kill even with max glass canon.

About the survivability thing, I have to just say I made a build that uses Knight’s amulet and it can be hard to kill because of how fast it generates DS.

The 1v1 thing is NOT just because of Curses.The passive transfer doesn’t always proc on the right target. I win against other condi necros because I have a longer fear than they do. And I beat mesmers because I figured out a way to punish them for being too aggressive and I also figured out why they did so much damage. That combined with base necro’s no-cast-time fear, makes for a Necro with good chain combos.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

(edited by Dirame.8521)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pwent.2639

Pwent.2639

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBmQDbkjG6rxWaw4G4vxBuQRTj24Zjbd++Bw2MAOAA-TVCEABsouzWKBtb/hO0NAwFAwgjCwDPAAmU+loKBkC4ltAA-w just picked up base necro (have not bought HoT) and have been winning more than half my fights with reapers in wvw with this build. Lifeblast does feel really bad though; i remember necros in my roaming team always saying it hit for 7kish i hit for about 5k on glass targets .

Whoops, warhorn sigil is a superior sigil of air.

Ida

(edited by Pwent.2639)