Necretheus build. bringing necro to the top

in Necromancer

Posted by: martyrius.8957

martyrius.8957

Whats up you guys. ive been playing necromancer for ages. trying everything from scepter power builds to staff well nuke builds. and i have to say as a commander previously for Sea of Sorrows and now for Maguuma where the player base is considerably more skilled, i have created a build that all necro commanders should use.

I was stuck using at first, a spectral crit damage build. hitting very hard and with very good survivability due to the perma protection and safety teleports. the only weakness i found was to be outlasted (as is the case with most classes) or stun locked -necro issues- after that i went to a full dire build. very survivable. more dps than a fully ascended geared thief -consider every condi we can put- But it just wasnt enough. 1 condition cleanse? it just wasnt enough. i often found myself dying to conditions. doesnt seem very necromancer-y in my opinion. I was frustrated, being focused. being stun locked. being an overall burden to my group getting our thieves who should be hitting backlines and smoking fools killed. this new build i bring you has been tested in spvp with an amazing outcome and in WvW aswell as PvE. i havent died to any of the traditional necro enemies yet. i have been outlasting all but one healing classes -thanks eles-

pros – 4 stun breakers. great amount of protection. very tanky. cannot be bursted. large aoe healing. can heal an ally from 1% to full in 3 seconds. massive condi cleanse and transfer. moderate damage. bursting eles with axe for 10k if that counts for anything.

cons – still can be killed be s/s warriors fairly easily. but that was a 1v1 test i continuously experimented with in spvp. no crit. not a roaming build. medium range. not a staff user myself but feel free to experiment.

the build is Full CLERIC armour power toughness HEALING (ptH)
traited 30-0-10-30-0 -in order- (II V VIII I II IV VI)
axe/warhorn offset dagger/focus sigil of -in order- leeching, life,leeching,blood.

skills – well of blood – well of power – spectral armour – plague signet -

hope you guys do as well as i have been with this build. i call it Necretheus build :P

PS> feel free to play around with the trait in the blood magic line. transfusion heals for alot on allies but can be switched with other things. goodluck out there.

80 necro main. 80 mesmer. 80 guardian. 80 thief. 45 elementalist i’m just too lazy.

(edited by martyrius.8957)

in Necromancer

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

This build is terrible and I didn’t read the OP at all! Shots Fired

Video or it didn’t happen! I hope we get mags in gold league

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Mag locked Gold League last night.

And #magswag

Fear my Celestial stats.

in Necromancer

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

And #magswag

Fear my Celestial stats.

Nice GF moved to TC so we will be seeing you around my friend! Hmm Celestial stats? Expect in game PM’s for the details

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

And #magswag

Fear my Celestial stats.

Nice GF moved to TC so we will be seeing you around my friend! Hmm Celestial stats? Expect in game PM’s for the details

Work in progress…. I wanted to use the stats in conjunction with the new and improved siphon traits, but that was crash and burn. Shaping up to be a minor modification of a hybrid 30/25/0/0/15.

Unfortunately not the 30/25/0/15/0 I wanted to do, as the siphon traits are just still so terrible, even with 800 healing power.

Sorry to hijack the thread… moving on!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drawing Guy.3701

Drawing Guy.3701

Nice – With the boosts to Transfusion and Deathly Invigoration, it has placed Necro in a serious place for healing support.

I do have a few items of concern/suggetions for this build.

Traits:
I’d go 20 (V, II or VIII)-0-0-30 (VI, VIII, IX)-20 (III, VIII)

Power – I’d lower this to 20. The GM minor is utter crap for any build, and you can pick between traiting for Focus or Axe depending what you find yourself relying on most. You want to keep DS Retaliation as you’ll be flipping DS on every cooldown for both heal and retaliation.

Death Magic – It is true that you have plenty of channels on this build with D2, A2 and DS Life Transfer. But we need these trait points as there is a better minor and trait to get for your support build.

Blood Magic – Keeping 30, but I’d change Blood Thirst to Deathly Invigoration (because an AoE heal every 7s is <3). Ritual of Life is also debatable against Ritual Mastery… I’d personally lean towards the latter. You can swap traits out for siphoning traits if you’re solo.

Soul Reaping – We may not care about crit damage on a build devoid of any precision, but we’re here for the traits. Both Minors are great as they get you DS more quickly and increase survivability. In addition they add synergy to DS healing with lower cooldowns on your Life Transfer and the ability to flip DS more often for heals and retaliation.

With this, you should be able to keep up perma retaliation against a group of 3 or more along with your greater amount of heals.

Now onto your sigils.
Weapon swap sigils generally kill any sigils that have a cooldown due to their 9s CD and that sigils have global cooldowns (I did take a long break from the game, so please correct me if this has been fixed). Plus with no crits, sigil of blood is useless. If you play around with food/runes/gear to get your crit chance to 40%+, I’d drop weapon swap sigils for Generosity for a little more condition removal. On this build, though, would definitely change Blood to Force.

As for your swap, you can go Leech, which gives yourself 975, or Renewal that heals 5 people for 300.

Life is obviously due to wanting to increase your heals (though this can be worked for power or precision if you’re attempting to make crit work on this build).

So what would you use for runes? I’d personally lean towards Traveler for the boon duration, all stat and run speed (not that increasing duration on your cripples and chills hurt!). I’d probably also lean towards Precision stacking sigil with a little gear mix to get my crit chance to a usable level to bring my DPS from “moderate” to “pretty good”. But at this point I’ve diverged pretty far from your build. =P Possibly I should call this the “Dark Healer” build. Mwahaha. Of course I won’t actually post a build thread until I’ve thoroughly played it. Seems I have some cleric gear to get….

in Necromancer

martyrius.8957

oh goodness. i forgot the runes. i use superior runes of dwayna. maximum regeneration. this build is not meant for you to be the dps champ or the tank master. you heal your team in aoe for large quantities while still performing your duty as a necromancer.

80 necro main. 80 mesmer. 80 guardian. 80 thief. 45 elementalist i’m just too lazy.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

just to know me, i am from a guild called SWaG. mags top unconventional roaming guild. we are what you dont want to run into in wvw bringing from 5 to 15 people to the field wiping any group that comes our way.

Attachments:

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in Necromancer

martyrius.8957

just to know me, i am from a guild called SWaG. mags top unconventional roaming guild. we are what you dont want to run into in wvw bringing from 5 to 15 people to the field wiping any group that comes our way.

lmao