-Focus Range is now 1200
-Ground targeting wells is baseline
-New interesting Death Magic Grandmaster
-Soon to be needed shrouded removal buff
-Staff is now slightly better

The Bad
-Lich form has been nerfed in duration.
-Plague form has been nerfed by making it a corruption skill
-Consume Conditions has been Ride the Lightninged: It now has a long cooldown and it applies vulnerability to add insult to injury.
-Terror has been moved to Master, making it unusable with Path of Corruption
-Lingering Curse has been nerfed to only effect scepter skills, making the reason to separate it from terror null and void.
-Curses minors are still not that great
-3 really good traits for condition necro are all in the Soul Reaping master slot
-Spectral Walk no longer enables necro flight

Honestly, the most impactful change on the viability of necromancer was the brutal nerf of our only good heal skill. This nerf is on the level of Ride the Lightning’s nerf because it punishes you for clicking the button where it didn’t before and it has a new cooldown to make the skill even worse. I was able to live with the Ride the Lightning nerf on my ele, but with this nerf, I might quit necro. I cannot even imagine why there is so much pressure to brutally nerf a class that has limited viability across all game modes. I hope Consume Conditions is returned to its normal state in the next week.

tl;dr Nerfing Consume Conditions is unacceptable

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

Necro Changes: The Good and the Bad

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

-3 really good traits for condition necro are all in the Soul Reaping master slot

This isnt bad its good design if you have a tough choice about which one you want to take.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Well parasitic contagion will be good when 80 upscaled noobs stand under oil in EotM and try to kill me while i pour burning oil over them and spam /laugh. Of course in real combat situation trait is kind of useless. Necro will se so bad that fully ascended geared condi necro can have fair fight against lvl2 warrior in wvw.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

This isnt bad its good design if you have a tough choice about which one you want to take.

It’s bad design when you take into account that we were already nerfed everywhere else and the tough choice becomes a tough opportunity cost that we’d be better off not having to take at this point.

Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

Regardless making tough choices on improving your characters abilities via traits is still good game design. Its the class itself that has issues.

in Necromancer

Posted by: DEATHsCLAW.1978

DEATHsCLAW.1978

the problem about those 3 traits is the Terrormancer who needs at least 2 of them.. I have made a seperate trait about this with a solution idea
check it out&tell me what u think pls
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Terrormancer-not-viable

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

I wouldnt say “needs” more than wants and maybe builds are going to be different and will have to be thought about things a different way opposed to what we are used to. So many builds that are about now have changed.

Again I would still say its good game design to make you pick one of three things that would be beneficial to your build.

The only real thing i dont understand is consume conditions but everything else I see as fine. My opinion.

in Necromancer

Cecilia.5179

the problem about those 3 traits is the Terrormancer who needs at least 2 of them.. I have made a seperate trait about this with a solution idea
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Terrormancer-not-viable

I like the changes you’ve proposed, but Necro is still screwed until they unnerf Consume Conditions in my eyes.

#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

DEATHsCLAW.1978

I like the changes you’ve proposed, but Necro is still screwed until they unnerf Consume Conditions in my eyes.

1. thanks

2. Consume Conditions was one of the strongest heals in the game, but the signet of vampirism isnt bad at all too.. especially since we dont rely on consume for condi remove.. just think of that

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

1. thanks

2. Consume Conditions was one of the strongest heals in the game, but the signet of vampirism isnt bad at all too.. especially since we dont rely on consume for condi remove.. just think of that

2. Plz stop saying that, the cast time coupled with necro’s weakness to CC and overall damage made it appropriate.

SoV still doesn’t work in DS as other utilities and still carry an ICD but as always we’ll settle down for CC. They will have to try harder then that way harder.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

DEATHsCLAW.1978

no Signet of Vampirism now works while in DS!! thats a big change they announced

WRONG INFORMATION
only the active portion of the skill heals you while in DS

(edited by DEATHsCLAW.1978)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

no Signet of Vampirism now WORKS while in DS!! thats a big change they announced

Only active that I know of if passive works I missed that, even if it did ICD is still there, the passive is not a siphon, the active is not made for vs players. The only place SoV found it self is PvE because conditions from mobs are most of the time a joke.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

DEATHsCLAW.1978

no Signet of Vampirism now WORKS while in DS!! thats a big change they announced

Only active that I know of if passive works I missed that, even if it did ICD is still there, the passive is not a siphon, the active is not made for vs players. The only place SoV found it self is PvE because conditions from mobs are most of the time a joke.

I’m sorry I was wrong.. just read it again and its only the active portion of the skill who heals while in ds.

well then.. Necro is broken until Consume Conditions gets its cooldown back to 20-25s

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zantmar.5406

Zantmar.5406

Necro is broken until Consume Conditions gets its cooldown back to 20-25s

necro has always been broken

Life blast should hit twice and have its damage halfed
If Rocket Charge is only 2 leaps then it should look like 2 leaps
True Shot should be cast on the move

in Necromancer

Posted by: littlenana.8150

littlenana.8150

This is a massive nerf. But to be on par with Ride the lightning nerf.

It would be like this:

No conditions upon activation : double the cool down!

in Necromancer

Posted by: ImdA.4701

ImdA.4701

Don’t forget that some traits has been agregated together. (like Vital Persistence and Path of Midnight for example). It can basically be considerate as a CD reduction of all Shroud’s skills (Power Necro’s are forced to play Vital Persistence at the moment, and thus sacrifice Path of Midnight).

in Necromancer

Cecilia.5179

Don’t forget that some traits has been agregated together. (like Vital Persistence and Path of Midnight for example). It can basically be considerate as a CD reduction of all Shroud’s skills (Power Necro’s are forced to play Vital Persistence at the moment, and thus sacrifice Path of Midnight).

That helps power necros and hurts terrormancer, so it sort of cancels itself out.

#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shadow Dragon Ad.2409

Shadow Dragon Ad.2409

The Good

The Bad
-Lich form has been nerfed in duration.

Just incase people didn’t notice in the notes, Lich Form is now a spectral skill which means it benefits from the spectral mastery trait. This should mean a 22.5 second Lich Form that also grants 20% life force overall AND has its CD reduced by 20%. Lich Form actually got buffed this patch (if you go soul reaping).

I’d really like for them to make Terror into the Master minor, swap PoC into Grandmaster and put Parasitic Contagion into its master slot. This then leaves a Master trait open for them to do with whatever they want. The issues with Terror is that it’s almost always going to outshine every other trait in its current line so it blocks out too many choices imo.

Shadowplasm – Thief
Daphne Laureola – Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Just incase people didn’t notice in the notes, Lich Form is now a spectral skill which means it benefits from the spectral mastery trait. This should mean a 22.5 second Lich Form that also grants 20% life force overall AND has its CD reduced by 20%. Lich Form actually got buffed this patch (if you go soul reaping).

It’s a nerf, the fact that you have to take a specific trait and traitline make it practically worthless.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Posted by: ImdA.4701

ImdA.4701

I’d really like for them to make Terror into the Master minor, swap PoC into Grandmaster and put Parasitic Contagion into its master slot. This then leaves a Master trait open for them to do with whatever they want. The issues with Terror is that it’s almost always going to outshine every other trait in its current line so it blocks out too many choices imo.

Thing is you have to take a trait for it. And to sacrifice Vital Persistance, which is one of the most important trait.

in Necromancer

Posted by: KashimKudal.2961

KashimKudal.2961

No heal in the game punishes you for using it like the new consume conditions does. Even if the vulnerability is 4 seconds. With the new ability for almost ALL classes to put out vulnerability. That stack can turn into a big problem and allow for people to simply wait for you to get low enough to heal and simply pile on more vulnerability that you helped them stack essentially. I love necromancer as it is my main class and I’ve found ways to work through the classes short comings through this games lifetime. However, punishing us for healing is ludicrous. Anet- You need to fix this.

Lord Abbadon – Human Necromancer – Anvil Rock
“Abaddon DOES NOT LOSE DANCE CONTESTS!!!”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shadow Dragon Ad.2409

Shadow Dragon Ad.2409

Thing is you have to take a trait for it. And to sacrifice Vital Persistance, which is one of the most important trait.

I was looking at it from more of a PvP perspective, it’s a toss up between improving your spectral skills or your DS in that mode and both are perfectly viable options imo. I’m not too familiar with builds in PvE but i can definitely see why it’s a nerf there if you’re not going to take the spectral trait.

Shadowplasm – Thief
Daphne Laureola – Necromancer