Necro FaceRoll T4 Fractal Build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stego.2483

Stego.2483

Hello and thanks in advance!

I’m having a hard time shifting through info of what’s current and what’s not with GW2. To save some gold and some research time:

Can anyone tell me if this is the current T4 Fractal Build for GG fractals? If not can you share the link?

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Reaper_-_Viper_Horror

in Necromancer

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Yeah, that’s good enough for T4 fractals.

in Necromancer

Posted by: voidvector.2780

voidvector.2780

There are 3 variants of that build. The rotation is pretty much the same.

Curse and Reaper specializations are set in stone, but the 3rd line can be Soul Reaping, Blood or Death Magic.

Soul Reaping – more DPS
Blood Magic – more support (Vampiric aura, Last Rites, tele-rez)
Death Magic – more tanky, usually beneficial against one-shot kill situations (e.g. last boss in 100cm)

You can find the other variants here: http://qtfy.eu/build/necromancer

(edited by voidvector.2780)

in Necromancer

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

There are 3 variants of that build. The rotation is pretty much the same.

Curse and Reaper specializations are set in stone, but the 3rd line can be Soul Reaping, Blood or Death Magic.

Soul Reaping – more DPS
Blood Magic – more support (Vampiric aura, Last Rites, tele-rez)
Death Magic – more tanky, usually beneficial against one-shot kill situations (e.g. last boss in 100cm)

You can find the other variants here: http://qtfy.eu/build/necromancer

“Death Magic – more tanky,”*

Fixed that for you. If you get once shot by the final boss in 100 CM its because you failed to do the mechanic.

in Necromancer

voidvector.2780

If you get once shot by the final boss in 100 CM its because you failed to do the mechanic.

Yes, in a perfect world, everyone would’ve already learn the mechanics and be able to execute them perfectly.

in Necromancer

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

If you get once shot by the final boss in 100 CM its because you failed to do the mechanic.

Yes, in a perfect world, everyone would’ve already learn the mechanics and be able to execute them perfectly.

The one-shot is consistent; it’ll one shot everyone regardless of how tanky you are. Though I guess you could say it helps in the case that you are more likely to be on your feet when the time comes to complete the one-shot mechanic.

in Necromancer

Stego.2483

Thank you all for the replies, very helpful.

Necro isn’t my main and I’m back recently after a very long break so I don’t have access to a ton of ascended gear in boxes and the crafting cost is high for me to make a set. I’m interested in a necro to be able to easily pug my T4s daily and be as effective as possible. I do it on other classes at the moment but there are a lot of necro only groups and they do appear very sturdy/effective when they are in my group compared to everything else.

I’m mainly trying to nail down a armor/rune weapon/sigil ascended set with confidence that I won’t have regrets on the choices for gold spending reasons. Trait swapping I’m not worried but the advice was helpful none the less to help me get an understanding. Thanks!

(edited by Stego.2483)

in Necromancer

FrostDraco.8306

Thank you all for the replies, very helpful.

Necro isn’t my main and I’m back recently after a very long break so I don’t have access to a ton of ascended gear in boxes and the crafting cost is high for me to make a set. I’m interested in a necro to be able to easily pug my T4s daily and be as effective as possible. I do it on other classes at the moment but there are a lot of necro only groups and they do appear very sturdy/effective when they are in my group compared to everything else.

I’m mainly trying to nail down a armor/rune weapon/sigil ascended set with confidence that I won’t have regrets on the choices for gold spending reasons. Trait swapping I’m not worried but the advice was helpful none the less to help me get an understanding. Thanks!

I’m gonna be honest with you, most of the people who rely on those groups are bad players to begin with. While necro is good at trivializing hard content, overall if the players are bad, even a necro party wont make the difference.

in Necromancer

voidvector.2780

There is nothing wrong with using Necro as a learning tool. Necro allow you to learn many more fights without dying and dragging down the group. However, you should still learn the mechanics and learn to avoid it. Don’t become complacent.

The one-shot is consistent; it’ll one shot everyone regardless of how tanky you are.

There are at least two mechanics you can survive with Death Magic, while with other variants you would likely be downed.

• “Downward stab, shockwave, hallucination” attack
  • “charging across the platform” attack during <15% phase

Though in both cases you can only survive 1 extra hit even with Death Magic, so if you mess up twice in the same attack chain, you would still go down.

in Necromancer

FrostDraco.8306

There is nothing wrong with using Necro as a learning tool. Necro allow you to learn many more fights without dying and dragging down the group. However, you should still learn the mechanics and learn to avoid it. Don’t become complacent.

The one-shot is consistent; it’ll one shot everyone regardless of how tanky you are.

There are at least two mechanics you can survive with Death Magic, while with other variants you would likely be downed.

• “Downward stab, shockwave, hallucination” attack
  • “charging across the platform” attack during <15% phase

Though in both cases you can only survive 1 extra hit even with Death Magic, so if you mess up twice in the same attack chain, you would still go down.

Wrong. My necro can survive both of these attacks without death magic or shroud.

Like I said, if you are dying to either of these its because you failed the mechanic. As for the 15% phase, you will still die anyway because of the feild outside of the bubble, which does % hp dmg.

in Necromancer

voidvector.2780

Wrong. My necro can survive both of these attacks without death magic or shroud.

Like I said, if you are dying to either of these its because you failed the mechanic. As for the 15% phase, you will still die anyway because of the feild outside of the bubble, which does % hp dmg.

Elitist much? “I can survive it, so that must be the universal truth”

If you want others to learn and become experienced with the mechanics, you must provide them the road to get there. Telling new players to ALWAYS run min-max “flavor of the month” build is not the answer.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

If you want others to learn and become experienced with the mechanics, you must provide them the road to get there. Telling new players to ALWAYS run min-max “flavor of the month” build is not the answer.

How is proper information Elitism?

You aren’t helping any new players by promoting bad habits. The faster a players gets used to the idea of dodging mechanics rather than taking them to the face, the better off that player will be.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in Necromancer

Posted by: felincyriac.5981

felincyriac.5981

the build you linked in fine, though I’d take flesh golem for the CC, the extra bit of dmg from lich form isn’t worth it imo.

As for this death magic talk, it’s an okay build but I’d just go for soul reaping over it, since if you somehow kitten up the timing of ur dodge on the final 100cm boss you can shroud to mitigate most of the damage to your HP, but honestly I can only imagine something like this would happen if you are distracted ressing someone.

in Necromancer

voidvector.2780

You aren’t helping any new players by promoting bad habits. The faster a players gets used to the idea of dodging mechanics rather than taking them to the face, the better off that player will be.

I would agree if it were a more forgiving fight where rez’ing other players is easy, but that’s not the case in 100cm.

How you suppose they learn when if they were to die, they either:

• they miss out on most of fight, thus not able to experience/practice other mechanics?
  • they snowball the whole team to a wipe?

ADDED: Also playing with the build variants, you would also learn about other trait lines, thus insight into “build crafting”, something blindly following meta wouldn’t get you.

in Necromancer

FrostDraco.8306

I would agree if it were a more forgiving fight where rez’ing other players is easy, but that’s not the case in 100cm.

How you suppose they learn when if they were to die, they either:

• they miss out on most of fight, thus not able to experience/practice other mechanics?
  • they snowball the whole team to a wipe?

ADDED: Also playing with the build variants, you would also learn about other trait lines, thus insight into “build crafting”, something blindly following meta wouldn’t get you.

Actually the easiest way to res in 100 Cm Ensolyss on necro is by using your poison feild or the spectral agony on the boss, which will hit the hallucinations and res you when they die through cleave or despawn.

What ever happened to the idea of progression? there is no rule that says you must experience 100% of a fight if you can’t properly do the mechanics that allow you to experience it. I’d much rather a player run without death magic and take sustain from blood magic, as it allows them to live easier, but still actually get a good idea of how much damage things actually do, which is more useful in learning than just being a meatsheild.

Especially once you factor in that your whole group benefits from it, and protection is more common than innate toughness, if you are running wells.

in Necromancer

Stego.2483

Thanks everyone! What I’m talking more about than learning is consistency. I only pug so I have no idea what to expect, and everyday the fractals can be mindlessly easy or pretty challenging depending on the group composition and player skill.

From what I’ve seen it’s the spec that can maintain dps under pressure, can surive and carry more and stabalize the run more despite what’s happening or what the group is like… so I wanted to try, I just got a feeling like if I do this I could have a much more consistent fractal experience everyday.

Very helpful advice here I’ve tried both variations mentioned and it’s going well, I switch them around sometimes. So far all is to plan and does feel very strong compared to other classes I have, not a miracle difference but substantially less stress.

If i have a day where I’m not really into my fractals and just want to get it done I opt for my necro now.