Necro GS

Necro GS

in Necromancer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

So everyone that wields a GS as a melee weapon has some kind of movement skill on it. Guardian Leap of Faith, Ranger Swoop, Warrior Whirlwind and Rush, etc. The only class that doesn’t have one is the Necro. Since the Necro is one of the slowest classes and GS is one of if not the slowest weapon in the game, I think it would benefit from a movement ability. The Risen Necromancer class has a spectral dash attack that transfers conditions. I propose we add this to the Necromancer GS skillset replacing the useless drill attack.

Spectral Dash – 600 range – 18 second CD – ~800-900 damage with 2225 power
Dash to your foe dealing damage and transfers 2 conditions. If you have no conditions, gain 5% life force instead.

That is all friends. Thanks for reading.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

Necro GS

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

inb4 someone goes “but muh lifesteal when it hits 5 targets in perfect conditions”

Necro GS

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

I’m fine with keeping the current effect but adding a leap to it, similar to Warrior’s Savage Leap.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Necro GS

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

We did get Grasping Darkness and Death’s Charge with greatsword and shroud is still available without greatsword. While not a mobility skill, Grasping’s pull is a fair gap closer.

Are you looking more for auras or for covering ground faster?

Necro GS

in Necromancer

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Personally, I just wish the cooldown on Gs5 was much less (like 20 or even 16), and the damage scaling on 1 and 2 was greater.

NSPride <3

Necro GS

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ryouzanpaku.1273

Ryouzanpaku.1273

I do not like speed of animations for 1 and 2… it is like Reaper is moving submerged in the honey … and I am not even talking about how tough it is to hit something in bit of a lag.

I would change 1 chaind from 3/4 – 3/4 – 1 to 1/2 – 1/2 -1/2 as war has (ofc normalize dmg so dps stays same) and change 3rd part of the chain from affecting chill to doing so only on second hit of Chilling Scythe.

Gravedigger is bit more tricky because of 100% recast reduction but animation can be changed to 2 full rotations and 2 hits so it looks more fluent and bit less issue in lag.

Player plays the game. MetaKitten plays the DPS meter on the golem.

Necro GS

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

the damage on guardian’s greatsword chain is quite similar, meaning the last hit does 200 less damage (on my build) than the last hit of the greatsword for reaper, but does so 1/4 second slower than guardian.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Necro GS

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nekster.2657

Nekster.2657

I would just like for them 2 speed up that auto attack on GS… Everything else is fine for me
And maybe lower some of the CD’s

Necro GS

in Necromancer

Razor.9872

I would just like for them 2 speed up that auto attack on GS… Everything else is fine for me

Personally, I like the speed of the auto (it makes the reaper unique compared to other melee-gs professions). However, I would like the damage scaling of it to be greatly increased to compensate. And I agree with lower CD’s (at least on 5).

NSPride <3

Necro GS

in Necromancer

Posted by: DEATHsCLAW.1978

DEATHsCLAW.1978

2 ideas from my side..

-what if Gravedigger had a short teleport towards the targeted foe on it? lets say 300 ish?

-a faster 1hit of the autoattack would be a very good change maybe similar to thiefs sword auto where the 1st hit is almost instant and 2nd&third take longer.
and if they keep autoattack so slow it should generate far more lifeforce..

Necro GS

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

Personally, I like the speed of the auto (it makes the reaper unique compared to other melee-gs professions). However, I would like the damage scaling of it to be greatly increased to compensate. And I agree with lower CD’s (at least on 5).

But dagger auto is better dps’ than Greatsword auto. Buff to 1/2s, 1/2s and 3/4s cast for the auto chain. And Gravedigger needs to be buffed to 1s cast time and remove the excessive aftercasts.

Necro GS

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kadin.2356

Kadin.2356

Dagger > GS. I use GS though b/c I got sick of my damage being less in shroud if I switched when dagger was out.

Necro GS

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

We have reversed mentality. Instead of us going after the target, we pull the target to us. In theory its all fine and balanced, but ff course movement skill is more useful in general.

Necro GS

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

We have reversed mentality. Instead of us going after the target, we pull the target to us. In theory its all fine and balanced, but ff course movement skill is more useful in general.

Guardian GS has both a leap (probably the best leap in the game) and an aoe Pull, which can be used for pure dps instead. Just food for thought.

(edited by Lahmia.2193)

Necro GS

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

i was thinking along similar lines. a leap on #3 is a good idea.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Necro GS

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

Guardian GS has both a leap (probably the best leap in the game) and an aoe Pull, which can be used for pure dps instead. Just food for thought.

True and its way more reliable in a way to hit your targets, but then the pull can be easily dodged.
On the other hand I would like skill 5 rework into something like:
1:Slash the ground in wide cone(450 range), immobilize up to 5 foes for 2-3 sec.
2:Toss spectral scythes at foes in front of you, applying chill to them and pulling them to you. Gain life force for each struck foe. (750 range)

Necro GS

in Necromancer

Posted by: Morde.3158

Morde.3158

This is what I want from the GS Normalise the first 2 swings of the auto reduce the damage make it faster leave the last hit the same.

remove the death spiral and change it to something else.

fix death charge you get stuck so much its not even funny. The blind is cool but that is the last hit. I prefer that it was a cripple from the moment the skill hits something.

I have 8 thousand hours on regular necro maybe more I pretty much hate reaper.

Necro GS

in Necromancer

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

We did get Grasping Darkness and Death’s Charge with greatsword and shroud is still available without greatsword. While not a mobility skill, Grasping’s pull is a fair gap closer.

Are you looking more for auras or for covering ground faster?

From all the bugged necro skills, Grasping Darkness is the worst one. The only enemy you’re going to hit properly with it is an static one, which therefore doesnt require any pulls cause you can just walk to him.

M I L K B O I S

Necro GS

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

Greatsword isn’t even good in PvP so there’s no reason they can’t buff it to be better in PvE.

Necro GS

in Necromancer

Razor.9872

But dagger auto is better dps’ than Greatsword auto. Buff to 1/2s, 1/2s and 3/4s cast for the auto chain. And Gravedigger needs to be buffed to 1s cast time and remove the excessive aftercasts.

But dagger is better attack speed that Greatsword auto.

NSPride <3

Necro GS

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

There is a great animation I had in mind for a leap on #3. For those of you that have done the “not so secret” jumping puzzle, if you use one of the devices that propels you forward with a drawn greatsword, it looks amazing.

Necro GS

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dead.5829

Dead.5829

I got sick of my damage being less in shroud if I switched when dagger was out.

This shouldn’t be the case, unless RS has been changed recently to not count as wielding a hammer.