Necro Minion Master Build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Orcinus Orca.8627

Orcinus Orca.8627

Hi,

I want to use an axe-wielding (because I’m bored of the other weapons) minion build on a standard necro (non-reaper) for HoT.

What do you think about that?
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRUQNBHbDbkhGaqx2awrGYvxRtQJ/hgoHgJQAMD02YOqWA-TxRDwAH3fIhSweK/ep+Dc9Cg0wAw8HA-e
Should I use Blood Magic instead of Soul Reaping to have access to Vampiric? Any other possible improvements?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Logomyego.4068

Logomyego.4068

Depends on how much survivability you want. IMO keep Soul Reaping and switch your GM trait to Foot in the Grave for Stability (without it you will get tossed around like a rag doll in HoT). As a minion master you could almost switch spite to blood magic for more survivability. As you are going with full zerker gear, you may have a rough time getting up close and personal to bosses without some sort of life steal. I guess I havn’t tried out a minion master build in HoT yet, but that’s just my opinion. Hope this helps!

in Necromancer

Orcinus Orca.8627

Thanks, I’ll try that.

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

My reaper MM zerker build , switch weapons & use soul reaping for non reaper build.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRIQJAWRnM0AN1gdbCe1As3glpBbqldBqASDgCQAI+DmCfhA-TxRDwAH3fIxlUUC2T53L1fAprpxTKAg5PSBs1wK-e

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

(edited by The Demonic Spirit.3157)

in Necromancer

Orcinus Orca.8627

My reaper MM zerker build , switch weapons & use soul reaping for non reaper build.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRIQJAWRnM0AN1gdbCe1As3glpBbqldBqASDgCQAI+DmCfhA-TxRDwAH3fIxlUUC2T53L1fAprpxTKAg5PSBs1wK-e

May I ask why you’re using the staff? Is it the best ranged weapon for necros? If so, why exactly is it the best one?

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

May I ask why you’re using the staff? Is it the best ranged weapon for necros? If so, why exactly is it the best one?

PvE >>
I have been using staff as my main weapon since gw2 beta. Before Reaper , I was using staff & D\F. Then I switched to staff \ GS as staff is the fastest life force regenerator when dealing with 3-5 targets besides its amazing utilities ( regen\bleeding per 4 sec is good for minions and it procs blood bonds easily. Its range is further than axe

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

in Necromancer

Orcinus Orca.8627

PvE >>
I have been using staff as my main weapon since gw2 beta. Before Reaper , I was using staff & D\F. Then I switched to staff \ GS as staff is the fastest life force regenerator when dealing with 3-5 targets besides its amazing utilities ( regen\bleeding per 4 sec is good for minions and it procs blood bonds easily. Its range is further than axe

I might try staff then but I need a good looking and cheap skin before that.