Necro Power Traits 5,15,25 Are Bewildering.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Agreed. Although parasitic bond isnt that bad. Its slightly helpful in fractals.

in Necromancer

Posted by: djooceboxblast.9876

djooceboxblast.9876

Siphoned Power-Gain might when your health falls below 25%
Seriously only 1 stack of might?

It is not 1 stack of might! You gain 1 stack of might every time you get hit under the threshold. Its potential is good if you can survive for a while in that state although i think increasing the threshold would make this minor trait amazing.

Increase the threshold to 40% instead.

in Necromancer

Posted by: djooceboxblast.9876

djooceboxblast.9876

Last time i checked i had 10+ stacks of might due to this minor trait! But whatever, ill let you to it!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Uhh.

At least these things are useful for all necros. Death Into Life gives every necro a nice bump to their healing, which might be relatively insignificant but actually benefits all necros, and might when struck is free might; don’t see any good reason to complain about that. You get these traits on the way to the more interesting 10, 20 and 30, anyway; traits which do carry you.

Seriously comparing that in a negative light to Protection of the Horde? I’m being nice to Reanimator; that can at least pretend to be useful by giving you a body block for the stomp every once in a million years.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

Siphoned Power is a contender for worst minor trait in the game. And its a grandmaster trait… pitiful A-Net, just pitiful.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Siphoned power could be ok if it didnt have a hp threshold. But even then its pretty lackluster.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

Compare grandmaster minor traits from other professions… 10% damage boost when endurance is not full, 10% damage bonus when target has a bleed(lol), 1% damage bonus for every initiative(15% damage boost!), 5% damage while having a boon, 10% damage while target is burning.

I mean even if you don’t want to give power Necro’s more damage(I don’t see why not, they could use a boost in pvp and pve), there are lots of other GM minors that are at least useful.

Siphoned Power may as well be a blank slot. Literally, it does nothing for you. The ONLY use this trait has, is if you are taken below 25% health and you have full lifeforce, pop into DS and are still taking hits… THEN you can make use of all that might you gain… for 5 seconds… wait what?

Such a terrible trait.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

5 is ok.
15….no comment just bad for most builds, necromancer healing power scaling is horribel, prec/thou/condi dmg user don´t have much power. Zerkers don´t need that healing boost. Rampagers the same.

25 is horribel too, probably the worst 25 trait in this game (even warriors 3% more dmg while endurance is low is better….)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I don’t know…. 25 in Spite is situationally okay. The 15 in spite is arguably always OKAY as it gives some benefit to any build, though not a great boost overall. The 5 trait in spite is really not bad at all, though not a 1v1 trait obviously.

Death magic please if you want to complain about minors.

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

I don’t know…. 25 in Spite is situationally okay.

I dont know how you can say that. The threshold is way too low. The duration is way too low. The amount of stacks is way too low.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I always felt like Parasitic Bond could also trigger on minion death and heal through DS. It’d make sense with Reanimator then, kimd of.

For Siphoned Power… Maybe be it 50% hp trigger and steal some boons/gain might&fury ?

And Death into Life… Instead of Healing Power, I’d suggest Vitality. It works better with all necro builds this way, especially power and 2000 hp is currently better imo than 200 h. power

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

I don’t know…. 25 in Spite is situationally okay.

I dont know how you can say that. The threshold is way too low. The duration is way too low. The amount of stacks is way too low.

Because when it is most likely to proc, I don’t see any reason to complain about extra might stacks. And when it procs for me… outnumbered, while in cloud form, it makes the poison/bleeds im putting out that much more powerful, and gives me a nice boost from cloud into DS2/3/5/4 combo and continues to give me might while I am taking hits in DS sub 25. Now when my DS runs out, if we havent killed someone, I am going down, but really nothing else would have prevented that replacing that 25 point trait.

5 seconds isn’t long, but it has value in that circumstance, which happens to me every day. Like I said, situationally okay.

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

So your against it being buffed to a level where it works in more than 0.1% of situations because it works ok for your build in a very specific situation?

Im not trying to sound rude. Im just trying to understand why you would defend such an awful and underpowered trait especially when its a 25pt minor. Like you said the concept is alright but its far too weak in all aspects to be worth the investment.

(edited by spoj.9672)

in Necromancer

Posted by: amiavamp.9785

amiavamp.9785

Siphoned Power seems like a holdover from some period in development where necromancers were supposed to drain their own health for extra damage.

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

So your against it being buffed to a level where it works in more than 0.1% of situations because it works ok for your build in a very specific situation?

Im not trying to sound rude. Im just trying to understand why you would defend such an awful and underpowered trait especially when its a 25pt minor. Like you said the concept is alright but its far too weak in all aspects to be worth the investment.

Oh my no… don’t misunderstand my post.

I don’t think the trait is good, I just think there are worse traits that need more attention…. I just think this specific trait isn’t bad conceptually. It is too weak for 25 points, and could do with either being buffed or moved down a tier. Personally I think it could use an ICD of 0.5 second, and 10 seconds of might per hit, and a buff to 33% HP trigger. That would be still weak for 25 points, but much more reliable than it is today.

I currently think before any minors get adjusted, they need to fix 5 and 15 in death. Those are arguably the only two which are total garbage for all but minion builds. 25 in spite can at least provide some benefit in any build.

in Necromancer

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

Ha
Elementalist arcane grandmaster minor trait: 10% chance for spells to inflict one of the following conditions based on your attunement when you crit:
1s burning in fire
10s vulnerability in water
3s weakness in air
5s bleeding in earth

Not only this, but this exists in a boon duration line for a class that cannot really build for conditions at all.

Or flame barrier, our fire minor 5:
20% chance to burn, when hit in melee range, while in fire.
For the class with the lowest defense in the game, which is again not a condition class under any circumstance.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Parasitic Bond I thought was crap too, but it is in fact very strong in large scale wvw since necros have such an easy time tagging foes. Also applies to zerg events or anything involving many adds. It is almost the effect of an omnomnom compote.

Spite 15 is so irrelevant I forgot what it does.

Spite 25 is so bad, it gives you negative utility due to the fact you see it, realize it’s an insult that anyone could have possibly thought this was a legitimate minor at the grandmaster level, and start taking the game a little less seriously.

But it’s ok. Guardians have a trait “Kindled Zeal” (power to condition damage) which is grandmaster in the POWER tree for some reason even though the class has like one source of condition damage (burning). It’s almost certain this trait belongs to necromancers but got misplaced. It would have made more sense for guardians to instead have a trait that procs burning on crit or something since burning seems suited more for guardians as guardians have many proc on crit traits and a lot of their dps mechanics revolve around burning due to having a trait that does 10% more (direct, not condition) damage to burning opponents and another 10% to opponents with a condition on them. Wonder where that went.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in Necromancer

Posted by: That Other Guy.7351

That Other Guy.7351

Warriors would love to have minor traits like those in their tactic’s line; seriously have a look at them if you ever feel like your minors are underwhelming.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Parasitic Bond would be much better if they’d make the change that I’ve proposed a few times to all on-death traits: they need to trigger on enemy down in sPvP (not death), minion death, and ally death. Obviously they would need tuning, probably slightly lowering the numbers (and imo minion death would be a much smaller proc, with other deaths being bigger). But on-death traits just are too situational right now.

But that is an issue with quite a few traits, including siphoned power. They might work well, but only in very few situations, and that isn’t good for minor traits. Minor traits need to always be useful to every build going into that line, in every situation. This goes for all classes and all trees. There will obviously be situations where it is slightly stronger, but there are too many traits that are absolutely useless in large sections of play.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Well Parasitic Bond is only 5 point investment and while most people wouldn’t bother, it’s still a nice “on the way” trait.

The others don’t have that kind of excuse at all. I think Siphoned Power should cast Well of Power @ 25% health+1 might stack. This fits in fine with the name and would actually be useful.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

All Spite minors are designed to improve Necro’s sustain. They do not seem so bad to me.

Parasitic Bond is pretty decent when cleaning up a lot of trash mobs – what Necromancer was originally designed for.

(edited by Anchoku.8142)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ghostextechnica.3270

Ghostextechnica.3270

We should probably move the siphoned power discussion to the profession balance forum.

When I get that feeling I want… spectral healing.