Necro Runes+Master of Terror=Not Adding Up

in Necromancer

Posted by: seanshine.8791

seanshine.8791

I’ve been testing necromancer rune set with the master of terror trait and the duration is not adding up.

First lets start with the skills without runes or traited for duration:
staff #5 – 1 sec
DS #3 – 1 sec
Spectral Wall – 1 sec

With traited master of terror:
staff #5 – 1.25 sec
DS #3 – 1.25 sec
Spectral Wall – 1.25 sec

A 50% increase for duration should be 1.5 secs even before necro runes.

Non traited, Necro runes:
staff #5 – 1.25 sec
DS #3 – 1.25 sec
Spectral Wall – 1.25 sec

This seems correct if 20% is rounded slightly up to the nearest quarter.

Traited and Necro Runes:
staff #5 – 1.5 sec
DS #3 – 1.5 sec
Spectral Wall – 1.5 sec

With 20% fear duration on top of the 50% fear duration shouldn’t this fully traited and rune set be 1.8 sec of fear (round that down to 1.75)??

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I am sure it is just a tool-tip error. The tool tips have never worked well.

On the subject, why would use use necro runes over nightmare runes? Nightmare gives 15% to all conditions while necro gives 20% just to fear.

in Necromancer

Posted by: seanshine.8791

seanshine.8791

Well, I would if I could buy it off the TP instead of having to do dungeon runs. But thanks for the tip!

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I noticed this as well. A few weeks ago I felt like maxing out my Fear durations so I could be extra annoying and Fear people to death in WvW (yes, I was trying to troll but failed). Unfortunately after getting everything in line I noticed that even with all circumstances being as in my favor as possible the Fear’s didn’t seem to last noticeably longer. It was like maybe a half second to a second longer | :

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Hmm… could be bugged now, but I tested all of them a long time ago, and while this particular rune WAS broken many months ago, it was fixed soon after, and has been many months since the fix.

The best way to test is to simply record and count your frames or use a more accurate timer than a second hand on a clock and you can see how long it lasts.

I recorded and dropped the speed down to 1/8th, counted the time, and compared. All the runes back then were working right, and some were giving too much duration (like nightmare)… since then it was all working, but I haven’t tested recently.

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

I just ckecked it myself.
Both the tooltip (with rounding inaccuracies) and the actual duration increase are working correctly for the rune and the trait.