Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

either the boon corrupt has to go or be replaced by boon removal
or the skill has to become an actual ranged projectile so it can be reflected

Necro Scepter Auto has to go

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

So there is a rock paper scissors to warrior resistance and you want it fixed? Corrupt boon and boon steal condition builds are the only way to kill a good warrior right now. Good warriors out heal power builds and outlast conditions. We need necro’s as they are. If you wan’t to win vs one grab a D/D perma evade condi thief. Everytime they transfer conditions you will just remove them every time you dodge and they will melt trying to miss their transfers. There is your counter spec if you can’t deal with them. I’m not going to tell you to learn to play I will simply tell you their weakness. Any build that is condition and causes them to miss transfers is gg for necro.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in Necromancer

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

necro scepter is fine and balanced.

lets just leave it at that.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

it´s unpleasant to boon users but doesn´t feel OP ….
The big corrupt or transfers are the real threat ….

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

So there is a rock paper scissors to warrior resistance and you want it fixed? Corrupt boon and boon steal condition builds are the only way to kill a good warrior right now. Good warriors out heal power builds and outlast conditions. We need necro’s as they are. If you wan’t to win vs one grab a D/D perma evade condi thief. Everytime they transfer conditions you will just remove them every time you dodge and they will melt trying to miss their transfers. There is your counter spec if you can’t deal with them. I’m not going to tell you to learn to play I will simply tell you their weakness. Any build that is condition and causes them to miss transfers is gg for necro.

well how about you just use one of your other 6 boon corrupts instead
broken vs broken doesnt = balance

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

If others recognize this is an easy spec they will also speak up. I don’t find it strong just highly situational. But other players might wan’t it toned down I have yet to hear anyone else voice complaints on this issue however. I guess over the course of season 4 we shall see. I have however noticed an influx of necro guardian and druid in unranked pvp. However, this is just an observation.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Scepter is fine….yeah freaking right. The third attack applies a bleed and poison stack and corrupts a boon. Three conditions with one attack. I don’t care if it’s the third attack and it can’t be used under pressure. No AA should ever be powerful enough that you may need to dodge it.

If Anet wants Diviner’s and Seeker’s Amulets to be used, they need to fix boon corruptions because those amulets have no vitality to ever help against conditions.

If Anet wants to keep a boon corruption on Scepter, just add it to skill 2. That way it’s more reliable, more skillful, but also less OP. Win/win.

Now let’s start putting our focus on the rest of a Reaper’s methods of condi bombing. Staff 3, especially with 4, and Staff 5 applies fear which applies chill which applies bleeding. Corrupt Boon corrupts 3 boons and therefore applies 3 conditions. With Curses, entering shroud corrupts a boon and if traited, Shroud 2 corrupts 2 boons, and Shroud 5 with 4 applies insane poison and bleeding with chill. With Signet Spite spec, Plague Signet transfer up to 5 conditions and corrupts 2 more, applying up to SEVEN conditions with one, instant cast skill.

If you want Reapers to be balanced, you need to nerf their corruption and condi bombing ability. However, you also need to give them better ways to survive under pressure. One way could be giving more ways to receive healing while in shroud. I’m sure you have someone on your team who is smart enough to find a solution, but has no power to enforce it.

TL;DR: Reapers can condi bomb too easily, but take too much pressure. Nerf condition pressure, buff ability to take pressure.

in Necromancer

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

As a necro I can tell you no necro asked for the scepter to be buffed when Anet did it. Anet has a fascination for auto attacks it seems, necro scepter auto, druid staff auto, etc.. Personally I hate having to auto attack on scepter, it’s one of the most boring and unimaginative things to do.

Nerf it for all I care, but please for the love of tyria give necros better active defense, or even better yet make power reapers viable. Because right now it’s simply way too easy to train a necro down. Just look at the dedicated babysitting they require by an engi during pro tourney, that crap is just ridiculous & shameful.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

In fairness scepter 2 is nearly useless and scepter 3 is only good for life force generation. AA is the only thing scepter has going for it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nichivo.5046

Nichivo.5046

Necro kitten near requires a pocket Engi to even be viable. I do not want to be harsh, but if you died to a Necro scepter auto attack, or even felt pressured from one, then something is definitely wrong, and it’s not a Necro op issue.

I pretty much see an unsupported Necro as a Free kill. Now if only more people would play Necro…. Kills, kills, kills for everyone! hahahahaha

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zero Solstice.9754

Zero Solstice.9754

Scepter is fine….yeah freaking right. The third attack applies a bleed and poison stack and corrupts a boon. Three conditions with one attack. I don’t care if it’s the third attack and it can’t be used under pressure. No AA should ever be powerful enough that you may need to dodge it.

If Anet wants Diviner’s and Seeker’s Amulets to be used, they need to fix boon corruptions because those amulets have no vitality to ever help against conditions.

If Anet wants to keep a boon corruption on Scepter, just add it to skill 2. That way it’s more reliable, more skillful, but also less OP. Win/win.

Now let’s start putting our focus on the rest of a Reaper’s methods of condi bombing. Staff 3, especially with 4, and Staff 5 applies fear which applies chill which applies bleeding. Corrupt Boon corrupts 3 boons and therefore applies 3 conditions. With Curses, entering shroud corrupts a boon and if traited, Shroud 2 corrupts 2 boons, and Shroud 5 with 4 applies insane poison and bleeding with chill. With Signet Spite spec, Plague Signet transfer up to 5 conditions and corrupts 2 more, applying up to SEVEN conditions with one, instant cast skill.

If you want Reapers to be balanced, you need to nerf their corruption and condi bombing ability. However, you also need to give them better ways to survive under pressure. One way could be giving more ways to receive healing while in shroud. I’m sure you have someone on your team who is smart enough to find a solution, but has no power to enforce it.

TL;DR: Reapers can condi bomb too easily, but take too much pressure. Nerf condition pressure, buff ability to take pressure.

You need to remember the conditionality of every single thing you’re saying: You’re describing an entire Necro build with all of your traited conditions, in fact you’re actually trying to combine two builds into one for the sake of trying to point out how many different possible sources of boon corruption there are. If a Necro needs to devote all of those slots to exactly all of those things, then they have weaknesses elsewhere, and trust me, Necros have plenty of weaknesses.

On top of that, Boon Corruption requires a very significant resource to function: Boons. If it weren’t for the fact that most people now a day lean so heavily on boons to shore up their weaknesses, then Necromancers wouldn’t be as powerful against them. Sure, it’s also partially Anet’s fault for frontloading so heavily on boons after HoT, but the thing to remember is that all of the players/classes that kitten about the boon corruption are the classes doing absurdly powerful things; Warriors complain even though they have a possible 16 seconds of invulnerability, 14 seconds of resistance, and some of the highest Over-time sustain in the game, all being almost entirely passive and requiring no real input from the warrior. Revenants are the single most indomitable power spec in the game, only losing to thieves. Druids have some of the most redundant sustain tools, cleanse, and CC in the game for a single character. Engineers have some of the most polarizing tools in the game when combined with HGH, giving them perma-might and other boons while also being able to carry a near endless supply of condition cleanse.

As a final point, Necromancer is to this day one of the slowest ramping condition specs in the game. Engineers, Warriors, and Mesmers can all bomb faster than a Necromancer, all while also providing other stabilities or upsides that Necros lack: Warriors apply conditions while heavily locking down their target through mass CC and having access to blocks, invulns, stability, and resistance, Mesmers apply their conditions evasively with stealth, invulns, blocks, and CC, and Engineers apply their conditions on low cooldowns while also having access to kits, lending them other tools such as blocks, invulns, cleanse, sustain, mitigation, stealth, and other utilities. Necromancers make up for this lack of other active utilities by bringing you down hard, rather than building themselves up.

“Reaper’s only big weakness will be that you have to play Necromancer to use it”
~Bhawb.7409

in Necromancer

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

While we’re at it, let’s just delete necro’s from the game, right?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Unfortunately, mesmer currently owns the monopoly on projectile scepter autoattacks.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in Necromancer

Usagi.4835

No AA should ever be powerful enough that you may need to dodge it.

So how do you feel about revenant hammer autoattack and thief dagger autoattack? Or even warrior rifle autoattack? I’m not sure on that one tbh. Also it wouldn’t be more reliable; it would be a nerf which is exactly what you want. It would also be AOE which would inevitably grind someone else’s gears at some point in the future.

(edited by Usagi.4835)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

It’s a fairly slow chain and is often beaten by cover conditions. There is no particularly strong reason to remove the corruption from Scepter 1-3.

If it were strong, then Necro would not be bottom of the meta-tier barrel.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Necromancer boon corruptions are there for game balance. It should make all other professions think twice about building too heavily for boons without condition clears and hard CC. Boon spam is fine for PvE but such performance enhancements should carry risks in PvP. An easy example is stability. Without a reasonable chance your opposing team has boon corruption, stab loses its tactical risk.

Right now, scepter-corruption is the Necromancer’s only competitive build in PvP and is not all that powerful given how glassy such builds are. Please do not suggest nerfing the only build with any value without also suggesting buffs to condition and power builds as part of your re-balance plan.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Phantom Reverie.5321

Phantom Reverie.5321

Well after today’s PvP… it seems like warriors and chronos are the top dogs.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Am I missing something? Cause last time I checked, before my scepter auto amounts to any real damage I’m long wrecked by war/thief/rev burst damage…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tobias.8632

Tobias.8632

It does like no damage though

About 700 bleed total, per hit. If you’re dying to a necro in pvp it’s not the scepter auto that is killing you.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

well how about you just use one of your other 6 boon corrupts instead
broken vs broken doesnt = balance

Neither does remove tools you think are broken. Scepter is actually a pretty weak weapon; it does horrible damage, applies a minimum of conditions spread out over time that are also rather weak. What we have here is a learn to play issue.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Three conditions with one attack.

Okay

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Necromancer

Usagi.4835

Three conditions with one attack.

Okay

A blast finisher, a daze and a 5 second cooldown, oh my.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Unfortunately, mesmer currently owns the monopoly on projectile scepter autoattacks.

Don’t forget Guardian scepter is A/A projectile

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in Necromancer

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Pff and as a necro I want warriors to stop stunning me.

in Necromancer

Posted by: DaVid Darksoul.4985

DaVid Darksoul.4985

If anything scepter needs sped up. With the amount and frequency of boon applying the converting really isn’t a endgame. Berserkers now are so OP with crit damage and stuns that necro ahve a hard time gainst them, same with Druids and thier long range hgih crit, binding roots and stealth, Also would like to see reduction in burn and perplexity damage, or let us have access to perplex and maybe early game dhrumnfire

WAR Platinum Necro, HoD BL roamer/defender. Solo Keep/Tower capper.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

on topic of dhuumfire life blast needs a casting speed upgrade (with damage reduction to compensate) if base necro is to have 3 grandmaster soul reaping traits and not 2 and that third thing that shouldn’t be there at all…

in Necromancer

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

I forgot what life blast was and had to look it up. kitten elite spec broke my brain.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lexan.5930

Lexan.5930

Its a slow skill that only corrupts 1 boon every 3 seconds and can be blocked or missed if the best I is blinded. I have seen some power burst builds put out more damage and CC in 3 seconds that 3 bleeds 1 poison and 1 more condition can do in the same amount of time. Scepter is not the porblem, its probably them using it while your being focused by another character so they can keep stripping your boons.

in Necromancer

Usagi.4835

If anything scepter needs sped up. With the amount and frequency of boon applying the converting really isn’t a endgame. Berserkers now are so OP with crit damage and stuns that necro ahve a hard time gainst them, same with Druids and thier long range hgih crit, binding roots and stealth, Also would like to see reduction in burn and perplexity damage, or let us have access to perplex and maybe early game dhrumnfire

I disagree. Having a Mary Sue spec is the wrong approach to take. It’s healthy that you would be either soft or hard countered by certain builds. Scepter is fine as is. I was surprised when they added the boon corrupt in the third attack in the chain (not that I complained) because it seemed almost unnecessary – the auto attack was decently strong before imo.

By buffing it further, you’re paving the way either for nerfs later down the line to scepter or something else where it’s unwarranted or more powercreep.

Basically, leave scepter alone!