Necro/ Scourge is lacking a mainhand ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Hello.

I am asking if anyone else feels like necro is lacking a 2nd condi MAINHAND weapon?

Staff is a 2hander, and a hybrid utility thing.
Some try using scepter twice others are forced into CARRION with axe, and it imo feels like youre spreading your traits too far out.

So,
scourge new offhand basically offers nothing new compared to warhorn. DMG + AOE CC.
No cleanse tranfser, lifeforce, boonrip, block or similiar.

Wouldnt it be better if you could run scepter warhorn + xxx torch ?
With axe youre stuck with carrion, or sages for barrier scalling

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

A little surprised that we didnt get a mainhand, seems short-sighted and bad.

We only have 1 option for mainhand condi dps.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Dagger-torch / Axe-horn hybrid condi-burst

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

kinda unfair that warrior gets 2 weapons while scourge not only has shroud taken away but also we only get a torch…\

i think anet should at least rework staff to make it good in pve. just keep the condi transfer on one of the skills for BiP rotation.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

Staff would need some pretty big changes to be a viable option for raids. I guess pulsing marks and torment on auto should right about do it.

Currently I’m sort of not looking forward to Scepter/Torch + Scepter/Dagger being the meta set. Pressing 1 with no fancy rotation like the current one in between 1 spam really isn’t all that fun.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kam.4092

Kam.4092

Staff would need some pretty big changes to be a viable option for raids. I guess pulsing marks and torment on auto should right about do it.

Currently I’m sort of not looking forward to Scepter/Torch + Scepter/Dagger being the meta set. Pressing 1 with no fancy rotation like the current one in between 1 spam really isn’t all that fun.

I think there’s a high chance of it being Scepter/Torch + Dagger/Dagger.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Coffietire.2783

Coffietire.2783

I can see axe + dagger working with scepter + torch.

You start the fight with axe with ghastly claws to work up some life force (and a few bleeds with barbed precision), followed by your corruptions + deathly swarm combo.

You immediately switch to scepter and use feast of corruption to build up more life force and you’re now ready to work your shade magic.

When you’ve used your life force a bit and your corruptions are off cooldown, switch back to axe and do it all over again.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

kinda unfair that warrior gets 2 weapons while scourge not only has shroud taken away but also we only get a torch…\

Isn’t it basically just the same as necromancers getting a 2 handed weapon (5 skills) and warriors getting an off-hand (2 skills)?

Sure they lose shroud, but they also get sand shades.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Treetoptrickster.4205

Treetoptrickster.4205

I actually really liked the concept of axe/torch scourge so I did a rework to axe that would make it a hybrid weapon. Basically added a chain the the auto where the first two are the normal aa and the third is a whirl finisher that applies torment to your target and does more damage/more torment to people below 50% health. Unholy Feast becomes a large cone based frontal cleave that strikes twice, crippling, tormenting, and converting a boon into torment with each hit. Also doing more damage to foes below 50% hp.

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

More like scepter/dagger <> scepter/torch

in Necromancer

Kam.4092

More like scepter/dagger <> scepter/torch

I see it lacking Life Force. I made a thread on these forums explaining it for
PvE.

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

there is no way anything else than scepter/dagger + torch will be viable on scourge. (pve)
power, as bad as it is will still be better on reaper.

in Necromancer

Kam.4092

there is no way anything else than scepter/dagger + torch will be viable on scourge. (pve)
power, as bad as it is will still be better on reaper.

Depends how powerful we can stack Torment and Burning with the Sand Shades. If it does more than 9 seconds without Scepter, it will be a thing. Burning scales higher than other Conditions. It would be weapon swapping on CD always. If being without Scepter for 9 seconds equals more DPS, it will be a fun playstyle change. Scourge will burn through Life Force fast. Using all Sand Shade skills will do Torment and Burning. We will see tomorrow.

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

Fair point with the LF generation, but I’m pretty sure there will be another way in doing that then the weapons.
I still think we should get a little bit LF generation with the scepter… Maybe some day
PS: Maybe they should put LF generating sigils.

(edited by mazut.4296)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again.
Anet needs to give Dagger torment on auto attack. Crossing my fingers for the pre PoF balance patch.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wintermute.5408

Wintermute.5408

At this rate, for PVE it will be scepter/dagger & dagger/torch, or vice versa. Because LF generation on condi is a kitten, and scourge can no longer get away with avoiding it.

Welcome to Rivendell, mister Anderson

in Necromancer

Kam.4092

At this rate, for PVE it will be scepter/dagger & dagger/torch, or vice versa. Because LF generation on condi is a kitten, and scourge can no longer get away with avoiding it.

Dagger/Dagger synergizes better because of Dark Pact with Deathly Swarm, and Corruptions.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tobias.8632

Tobias.8632

Are you unaware that you can just have a single offhand in your second weapon set and pressing swap weapons will swap your offhand, giving you full benefits of any on-weapon-swap things, while keeping your mainhand?

You don’t need anything other then scepter. If you want to run geomancy or something then just put geomancy runes in your offhand dagger and torch and they will function perfectly.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Ty i know the tricks.

Was PVP focused, as i used carrion amulet for pve id say viper ofc, but even in PVE having a 3rd build and still camping scepter autos is a downvote from me

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xevv.9175

Xevv.9175

i think anet should at least rework staff to make it good in pve. just keep the condi transfer on one of the skills for BiP rotation.

Remember warrior got a lame torch last expansion.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I can’t see why you would want a second mainhand choice with this. Scepter does it all; it even benefits from the boon/corruption stuff that Scourge traits have.

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

I can’t see why you would want a second mainhand choice with this. Scepter does it all; it even benefits from the boon/corruption stuff that Scourge traits have.

Probably something to do with anet filling in many of the missing weapons (like condi melee for mes, ranger, guard and condi range for rev). Necro still lacks a condi melee weapon and imo it feels like it needs one. Sceptre feels very clunky on it.

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

I was also disappointed torch was not main hand. Perhaps it was because torch has no right handed animations to draw from.

As long as torch can be used effectively without sceptre I will be fine. An alternative to sceptre AA for melee condition damage has been on my wish list almost since game release.

in Necromancer

Obtena.7952

Probably something to do with anet filling in many of the missing weapons (like condi melee for mes, ranger, guard and condi range for rev). Necro still lacks a condi melee weapon and imo it feels like it needs one. Sceptre feels very clunky on it.

Scourge is definitely not lacking a main hand and if the idea is that it needs another mainhand, then we definitely need to talk about what the purpose of that second weapon would be … because Scepter and Scourge are made for each other; what other effects could a different weapon take advantage of in Scourge that Scepter doesn’t already?

If you think about it, Scepter used at close range is a melee weapon. Does a limited-range Scepter-like melee weapon actually fill any gap that Scepter doesn’t already?

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

Scourge is definitely not lacking a main hand and if the idea is that it needs another mainhand, then we definitely need to talk about what the purpose of that second weapon would be … because Scepter and Scourge are made for each other; what other effects could a different weapon take advantage of in Scourge that Scepter doesn’t already?

If you think about it, Scepter used at close range is a melee weapon. Does a limited-range Scepter-like melee weapon actually fill any gap that Scepter doesn’t already?

Soulbeast gain dagger mainhand which is a condi melee weapon, even though they already have axe mainhand which when used at close range (as intended) is a melee weapon. So why did they feel the need to add it?

in Necromancer

Obtena.7952

I don’t get what that has to do with what I’m talking about. How would a melee version of necro scepter be different than scepter itself .. other than being a crippled version of the scepter?

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

I do not consider sceptre a short range weapon.
Low power, no condi burst, no cleave, low LF, no damage mitigation
It is a kiting weapon. It works at close range but is not designed for it.

in Necromancer

Obtena.7952

No, that’s correct, but again, Scepter feels like it’s made for Scourge … so what other mainhand weapon can you think of that would work as good if not better than it?, even at close range? My point is that I don’t see what OTHER weapon you would want to use with Scourge. Why would anyone give up their longer range advantage on Scepter … just because they don’t consider it a short range weapon? I don’t think that’s realistic.

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

Remember warrior got a lame torch last expansion.

thats not a reason to repeat mistakes. + warrior didnt get any mechanic removed, only added.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

the flaw with elite specs binding weapons necro have so few weapons it will always ed up using the same also goes for the rest of the prof they should unbind the weps form the elite specs and just give us the weps to use on all specs but give like a buff if you use that elite spec with his respective wep ( we need build diversity)