Necro Wurm bugging?

Necro Wurm bugging?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Coinin.2590

Coinin.2590

Hey, so..has anyone else noticed how buggy the wurm teleport is? for me it can say I’m in range, and like..75% of the time whenever I hit it, it sacrifices the wurm but doesn’t teleport me.

Coinin Mypocket 80 Necromancer

Necro Wurm bugging?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Just asking, you didn’t put it on some cliffs or floating platform right? Mine usually works although I don’t use it that much.

Necro Wurm bugging?

in Necromancer

Coinin.2590

no, put it on a straight thing, hit it, most of the time it doesn’t teleport, rest of it functions just fine

Necro Wurm bugging?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

Do you move at all, even a few steps, when you activate the teleport? Also, can you walk to its location without jumping or falling / sliding?

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

Necro Wurm bugging?

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I dont seem to teleport the full 1200 range ever. Even though the tooltip says necrotic traversal has a range of 1200 it always seem to teleport me about 900 units.

Necro Wurm bugging?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Do not think flesh wurm is buggy. Will teleport 1200 only if on flat ground, any change in elevation will cause a break. It does what the dev’s designed it to and nothing more. It is not a real teleport because of its limitations; no breaks in terrain (or changes in elevation). The tiniest bit of change in elevation will stop the port right there.

Necro Wurm bugging?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dredlord.8076

Dredlord.8076

Do you move at all, even a few steps, when you activate the teleport? Also, can you walk to its location without jumping or falling / sliding?

lol

is wurm teleport the only one you have to stand still for it to be reliable now?

its funny to see the lowered expectations alot of people have for this class.

Necro Wurm bugging?

in Necromancer

Softspoken.2410

lol

is wurm teleport the only one you have to stand still for it to be reliable now?

its funny to see the lowered expectations alot of people have for this class.

I meant does the active skill move the character at all. I wasn’t asking if they were walking/running when they used the activated skill.

It’s not lowered expectations, by the way. I’m trying to troubleshoot / debug, and for that I need more details about the situation. As it is, I don’t tend to get many problems with the teleport on this skill.

Edit: Trying to push at the edges of this skill now. Being a little out of range isn’t a big problem: if the path could be completed at all, you’ll be pulled 1200 distance towards it. Necrotic traversal can short-cut past stairs and ramps in interesting ways, but seems to have some trouble with large gaps. Even if there’s a path around the gap, NT doesn’t always pull. I may try to figure out if this is based on a distance restriction, but I won’t have the spare time required in the next few days.

As expected, the skill doesn’t do well when either the worm or the player are on platforms you cannot walk between. Although it seems NT is much more willing to pull the player towards an unpathable platform than it is willing to pull them across an unpathable platform.

(edited by Softspoken.2410)

Necro Wurm bugging?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Panhauramix.2784

Panhauramix.2784

You also need to have vision (literaly, you need to see it in your screen) for Y-axis teleport.

I’ve tested it a lot on my preferred playground, the archway north of Greenwater Lowlands. You can put it on top, watch your skill bar (if it’s the red indicator for out of range it normally doesn’t work) and look at the wurm. You’ll be teleported up correctly. If you stand at the same spot but look down, you’ll teleport under the archway instead.

80’s: Razdhül Necro/Desire Mesmer/ Ykarys War/ Yphrit Ele/
Panhauramix Guardian/Pistoleros Engineer/ Orbite Thief
Gates of Madness – Leader of Homicide Volontaire [HV]

Necro Wurm bugging?

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Its doesnt teleport full range for me on slightly bumpy surfaces. Can walk the full distance so its nothing to do with the gap feature.

Necro Wurm bugging?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

You also need to have vision (literaly, you need to see it in your screen) for Y-axis teleport.

I’ve tested it a lot on my preferred playground, the archway north of Greenwater Lowlands. You can put it on top, watch your skill bar (if it’s the red indicator for out of range it normally doesn’t work) and look at the wurm. You’ll be teleported up correctly. If you stand at the same spot but look down, you’ll teleport under the archway instead.

Do you mean z-axis? I use it in spvp and it will take me around corners if in range.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

Necro Wurm bugging?

in Necromancer

Coinin.2590

I think part of it is LOS and not completely not steady terrain, but I think its kinda BS they give us an escape skill that you can only use in situations where you can’t really be trying to escape from anything, cause the amount of times you have perfect LOS and perfect terrain and you’re trying to escape is near nothing. If they wanna give us a teleport it should function as a mesmer blink or thief shadow step where we can actually traverse the area needed regardless of it being perfectly level. Otherwise all it is, is a glorified AOE poison

Necro Wurm bugging?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

LoS has nothing to do with it, the problem is it is finicky about moving you through unpassable terrain, or to/through places you couldn’t easily walk through.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Necro Wurm bugging?

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

LoS has nothing to do with it, the problem is it is finicky about moving you through unpassable terrain, or to/through places you couldn’t easily walk through.

But its not just that. Its buggy on un-level ground aswell. Sometimes it teleports you most of the way but then stops 300-500 units short of the max distance even though that last stint of distance is completely smooth, somehow doesnt have an issue with the bumpy part of the terrain until your past it.

Necro Wurm bugging?

in Necromancer

Softspoken.2410

But its not just that. Its buggy on un-level ground aswell. Sometimes it teleports you most of the way but then stops 300-500 units short of the max distance even though that last stint of distance is completely smooth, somehow doesnt have an issue with the bumpy part of the terrain until your past it.

Could you give an example of where you’re seeing this? I’d like to examine it and it’s nice to know where to look.

Necro Wurm bugging?

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Could you give an example of where you’re seeing this? I’d like to examine it and it’s nice to know where to look.

Ive experienced it in all sorts of places. But I dont use flesh wurm much so the only place i specifically remember it happening was in arah p3 at the orb puzzle part before lupi.

Necro Wurm bugging?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Panhauramix.2784

Panhauramix.2784

LOS does have an effect on it, please just go try it on the arch near Greenwater. You stand near the flag guard, cast it on the top of the arch, and if you dont look at it, you will port directly under it. While you’re not looking at it, the Red Bar for Out of range is active, and when looking at it, the red bar is removed and you teleport on the archway. I’ve tested this numerous time while waiting for dolyaks/roamers to kill.

The spell will still work even if you dont see it, but you won’t move up or down, only in the direction the wurm is.

80’s: Razdhül Necro/Desire Mesmer/ Ykarys War/ Yphrit Ele/
Panhauramix Guardian/Pistoleros Engineer/ Orbite Thief
Gates of Madness – Leader of Homicide Volontaire [HV]

Necro Wurm bugging?

in Necromancer

Softspoken.2410

LOS does have an effect on it, please just go try it on the arch near Greenwater. You stand near the flag guard, cast it on the top of the arch, and if you dont look at it, you will port directly under it. While you’re not looking at it, the Red Bar for Out of range is active, and when looking at it, the red bar is removed and you teleport on the archway. I’ve tested this numerous time while waiting for dolyaks/roamers to kill.

The spell will still work even if you dont see it, but you won’t move up or down, only in the direction the wurm is.

So I played with it on this particular arch: I could actually get the skill to work without looking at the wurm, while the indicator was still red. (Teleported from the ground up to on top of the wall / arch). So it’s weird all around. :/

And regarding the Arah example: I’m sorry man, but I don’t run Arah, and I’m not gonna stop a pick up group so I can test shadowstep pathing in that segment.

Necro Wurm bugging?

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

So I played with it on this particular arch: I could actually get the skill to work without looking at the wurm, while the indicator was still red. (Teleported from the ground up to on top of the wall / arch). So it’s weird all around. :/

And regarding the Arah example: I’m sorry man, but I don’t run Arah, and I’m not gonna stop a pick up group so I can test shadowstep pathing in that segment.

Not asking you to. Just pointing out its a very buggy teleport. Mesmer blink is far less buggy. :>