Necro - WvW roaming - V.7

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Hey everyone, back with another video. Trying to burn out all my old video clips in preparation for the new patch changes to damage over time skills. I hope this shows why I could never play necro without epidemic.

Enjoy

(edited by Rennoko.5731)

in Necromancer

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Nice! Is this the 30/20/20 build with scavenging runes?

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

Nice! Is this the 30/20/20 build with scavenging runes?

It is a pretty even mix of the might stacking build and the scavenging build. The Dire armor looks funny, so you can tell when I am using it, which is in conjunction with the 30/20/20 build.

I wanted to max out my guard stacks before making a full dire video, which I am working on now. This was mostly to have some fun with epidemic clips I had been storing up over the past month.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brigg.3961

Brigg.3961

Awesome video. I’ve been running the same thing, although I am having issues using epidemic on my intended target. Any tips? I am a victim of autotargetting, I’m sure, but when I use epidemic, and the target switches mid cast, does it still go off on the original target? It seems as though it does nothing at all when that happens.

HoD [STRM]
All classes, level 80
Dropbear Massacre, Necro Main

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

No bad.
Makes me want to jump back into WvW......but the bloodlust just kills it for me.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Nice video, as always.

Awesome video. I’ve been running the same thing, although I am having issues using epidemic on my intended target. Any tips? I am a victim of autotargetting, I’m sure, but when I use epidemic, and the target switches mid cast, does it still go off on the original target? It seems as though it does nothing at all when that happens.

It goes off on the original target if switched mid cast.
Do you have the “promote skill target” option enabled?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brigg.3961

Brigg.3961

Nice video, as always.

It goes off on the original target if switched mid cast.
Do you have the “promote skill target” option enabled?

I do now… thanks!!

HoD [STRM]
All classes, level 80
Dropbear Massacre, Necro Main

in Necromancer

Posted by: Maartac.9457

Maartac.9457

Nice Vid , but next time try 1st BiP , Staff 4 or Dagger 4 and then Epidemic
More and stronger/longer Bleeds/Conditions .

-Necro-Thief-Warrior-Guardian-
http://de.twitch.tv/maartac

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

The promote target thing can help, but generally my biggest problem is the target going into stealth between the time it takes my brain to decide to cast epidemic, and pushing the button, thereby causing the epidemic to either go off on something random (could be good, thanks auto-targetting), or nothing.

Of course you also have the problem that after the long cast, they can be immune/invulnerable/dodging, and really there is no way to avoid that. It is what I would call a built in fail rate to keep epidemic balanced. People will say if you setup a fear first and THEN epidemic it works, but often in WvW, that just causes people to use stability or stun breaks and start dodging like crazy, which will result in a failed epidemic.

My best advice is to just cast it early. A 6 bleed and a few stray conditions epidemic that works 80% of the time, is better than a 20 bleed epidemic that works 20% of the time.

Nice Vid , but next time try 1st BiP , Staff 4 or Dagger 4 and then Epidemic
More and stronger/longer Bleeds/Conditions .

I do this at most openings, though honestly it is a risk against non-downed players, because if the epidemic fails, you don’t get the increased damage spread. I find it is always better to wait in a fight for someone to go down, then BIP/transfer and epi. Downed targets can’t defend themselves or avoid epi.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Alkaholic.3875

Alkaholic.3875

Great vid, seeing all those numbers pop up made my boxers moist. Necro will be my 3rd class.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Sorry for nooby Q, but I didnt use autotarget in pvp.

“Promote skill target” – I start casting epidemic on A, then click/tab-target B. Normaly the skill would go off on A, but this enabled it will go off on B ?

Im running away from some1, I press DS#3 and it fears them away even without line of sight. A good gap-maker. But if I had auto-target, could this trick fear something unintend infront of me instead?

Can you spread epidemic from allies? like a tower lord if u have them targeted

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

Sorry for nooby Q, but I didnt use autotarget in pvp.

“Promote skill target” – I start casting epidemic on A, then click/tab-target B. Normaly the skill would go off on A, but this enabled it will go off on B ?

Im running away from some1, I press DS#3 and it fears them away even without line of sight. A good gap-maker. But if I had auto-target, could this trick fear something unintend infront of me instead?

Can you spread epidemic from allies? like a tower lord if u have them targeted

Autotarget is a crutch honestly…. but I don’t mind using a crutch if it helps. It can cause you serious issues with a leaping class (like a thief or warrior), but generally it is neutral to positive on a necro.

Promote target won’t change your target mid cast like that. If you start epidemic with a target selected, it goes off on that target no matter what target you reselect after you started the caste. Similar to if you have no target, and cast, and pick a target, it goes off on nothing. This is the reason why you can epidemic stealth targets if you start the cast before they stealth. (no animation, but it happens)

DS3 requires line of sight. And autotarget will not change your target, it just gives you a target if you were without one. So if you start epidemic with no autotarget, it epi’s nothing. If you have auto target, it will pick something nearby if it can.

in Necromancer

Flumek.9043

What does promote target then help with?

For DS#3 i think we have a missundestand. It does not require line of sight. You can fear some1 who is directly 6 o`clock behind your back, all while holding W , meaning your runing full-speed forward uninterupted. Other abilities go on a 4s or some full CD if u do that. It CAN get obstructed is what u probably meant ? oh and thank you for the explanation

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

What does promote target then help with?

For DS#3 i think we have a missundestand. It does not require line of sight. You can fear some1 who is directly 6 o`clock behind your back, all while holding W , meaning your runing full-speed forward uninterupted. Other abilities go on a 4s or some full CD if u do that. It CAN get obstructed is what u probably meant ? oh and thank you for the explanation

Oh so you mean it doesn’t require facing, yes of course.

DS2 for instance requires facing to cast, but not facing to hit. Most of our AOE skills don’t require facing. Axe 2 requires you to HOLD facing for it to continue while dagger 2 requires (like DS2) just to have facing when you start casting.

As for auto-target, I think you might have me there. I have always used promote target, so maybe the functionality I accept for auto-target is a result of the promote target option being turned on. I guess it can re-target if you cast spells with someone new in your next-available-tab-target range?

I can see the appeal to have the option retarget for you if you are spamming range attacks, say with a mesmer greatsword, so that it would prevent you from auto attacking something that has jumped 2000 yard away. But as a necro, I never want to get off my target, because I am trying to setup an epidemic.

I will fiddle around with it tonight just so I understand better. Not using promote target in small groups fights sounds suicidal if it works the way described above. Randomly changing targets based on who is closest when you want to interrupt a heal is horrid.

in Necromancer

Flumek.9043

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/34779-automatically-promote-skill-targets-to-full-targets/ Sry, i was wrong. It just prevent autotargeting to always pick another nearest enemy. In pvp terms, u should use both or 0.

Yes, facing, thats the term i meant i may bring epidemic back now since it doesnt require facing to cast and land