Necro any good in PVE???

Necro any good in PVE???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mono.7320

Mono.7320

Recently i been bored from my guard/warrior and want to try fresh new class. So my question is that are they any fun in pve?? and what build/weapons should i use

Necro any good in PVE???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Darth Llama.9217

Darth Llama.9217

I guess it’s all in your opinion of what you find fun. I have an 80 Guardian, Warrior, Ranger, and Necro and find them all fun. Lately though, I have been having more fun on my Necro then the others.

There are many paths you can go with this class. Some run Power ‘Zerker’ Builds, some run Condition or ‘Conditionmancer’ Builds and then there is the popular ‘Minion Mancer’ that uses pets. All are very viable in PVE. Personally, I run a Conditionmancer and I love it. It doesn’t have the punch against single targets that a power build has, but the AOE and survivability is spectacular. I can take down huge mobs with ease.

Give it a shot, worst that can happen is you don’t like it and you delete him/her. I’m glad I tried the Necromancer, I am really enjoying it. I run 2/6/0/6/0 in all Rabid Gear/Weapons. Based on Nemisis Conditionmancer build but with more focus on Wells. Quite fun.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand Binary, and those who don’t.

Necro any good in PVE???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

I find them fun to play and am able to do whichever content I wish- got my Liadri mini back in the jubilee- but I do know it’s the least effective choice available.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

Necro any good in PVE???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mono.7320

Mono.7320

Wellomancers still viable in pve?

Necro any good in PVE???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

Everythings viable in pve. But necro is the least wanted and most useless of the 8 classes if you are considering organized groups.

Necro any good in PVE???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

The best thing necros have going for them is superior statistical bulk. Their high HP and Death Shroud gives them the highest scaled HP. They also have quite a bit of relative healing if you stack their lifeforce regen skills right.

Problem is… this is rarely useful in higher end PVE. The vast majority of bosses require you to dodge/block/LoS attacks, and they do so much damage that they can smash right through your 30k starting HP. In the overworld, and against bosses that can’t one-shot you, this high amount of face-tanking bulk is great, but the lack of active defenses otherwise can be a serious drawback.

Power necro’s playstyle is quite passive and low-key, giving me a nice break from my usual ele/engi/thief playstyle. The most complicated maneuver you’ll have to do is something called DS flashing, where you pop Death Shroud to absorb a dangerous attack, then immediately drop out of DS to continue doing damage. Otherwise, most necro play is using the auto attack, using reaper’s touch and locust swarm when it is off cooldown, and using niche utilities as they are needed.

Condi necros are a bit more active, since they rely on bursting conditions for epidemic. However, due to how conditions work, and how quickly enemies can die in PVE, it is not recommended to use a condi build.

So, power build is the way to go. I recommend full berserker, even for beginners, since necros have a lot of statistical bulk. For traits, I recommend 6/5/0/0/3 for the majority of content. For weapons, I’d recommend axe/focus and dagger/warhorn until you get the hang of things, then drop the axe and just main-hand the dagger the whole time. Utilities are usually a case by case basis, but personally I like to use consume conditions, well of darkness, well of suffering, signet of spite, and flesh golem.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Necro any good in PVE???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Regenerator.7326

Regenerator.7326

tankiness, good damage if geared right (not nearly as good as war or ele, but better than bow hunter and lone mesmer in general)

slows the group down in dungeons/fractals due to lack of group synergy, may be looked down upon by other group member or randomly kicked after wipe (most people are tolerant, since i did manage to get the fractal capacitor with my mm necro)

great for world boss farming however due to tankiness and passive playstyle, doesnt require alot of inputs. recommend minions for world boss farming for more passive damage and tankiness.

Necro any good in PVE???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Darth Llama.9217

Darth Llama.9217

necro is the least wanted and most useless of the 8 classes if you are considering organized groups.

That ‘honor’ belongs squarely to Ranger. I haven’t had any real problem getting into groups as a Necromancer. The only time it’s an issue is if you get 2 conditionmancers in one party since the 25 stack cap essentially makes one of them worthless.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand Binary, and those who don’t.

Necro any good in PVE???

in Necromancer

Spoj The Second.7680

necro is the least wanted and most useless of the 8 classes if you are considering organized groups.

That ‘honor’ belongs squarely to Ranger. I haven’t had any real problem getting into groups as a Necromancer. The only time it’s an issue is if you get 2 conditionmancers in one party since the 25 stack cap essentially makes one of them worthless.

Nope, ranger is highly useful in an organized group. They are just somewhat more challenging to play because pet management requires a lot of attention and sword auto can be difficult to time dodges with. But yes most pugs will kick rangers more than necros simply because 99% of rangers are bearbows which give the class an atrocious reputation.

@Blood
6/6/0/0/2 yields the highest dps for power necros now. I assume you either thought it was unchanged or followed Brazils video guides. Brazils video is out of date and inaccurate. 6/5/0/0/3 is only better when you have a ranger providing spotter.

Necro any good in PVE???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

I don’t know about serious dungeon runs, but otherwise I find Necro incredibly fun and varied, despite the lack of cleave built in. I love that there are many builds that feel -useful- when you just run around and do stuff or hop into WvW. In that sense I think few classes beat the Necro, but I know from reading posts here that it’s not as good in dungeons (?).

Necro any good in PVE???

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

@Blood
6/6/0/0/2 yields the highest dps for power necros now. I assume you either thought it was unchanged or followed Brazils video guides. Brazils video is out of date and inaccurate. 6/5/0/0/3 is only better when you have a ranger providing spotter.

I never said it was the highest DPS build. Last Gasp is an awesome defensive trait that I recommend power necros always take, except in special circumstances.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Necro any good in PVE???

in Necromancer

Spoj The Second.7680

True but it doesnt do a lot in pve. Although yeah i guess that is a valid reason to trait that way.