Necro changes 18.10

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Any thoughts?

Imo that’s a bad joke to say the least, I honestly expected nothing this time around and still managed to get disappointed. The minor power buffs aren’t really gonna do much and the Lich Form minion change… well. Not even sure what to say about that.

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

No nerfs. I’m content.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

GS aftercast barely notice them, big increase on Axe dmg I like alot cause started to use it again. Nothing whtsoever to our sustain done and Anet “Necro is in a good state comment”- killed me… still laughing

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: Altoid.9104

Altoid.9104

Condi necro got nerfed, so yeah there was a nerf.

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

I have one of each profession and I’m somewhat happy. One of them is a power necro who uses axes. So I get to play around with him again. Thank you.

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

NovaanVerdiano.6174

No nerfs. I’m content.

How’s lich form minions dying after 30s not a nerf in PvE?

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

I guess their intention was to generalize the usage of Lich Form minions so that they don’t require heals to be effective, or Death Magic to last longer. I don’t know what Necros that raid will do now.

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aesa.4819

Aesa.4819

What are you talking about, no nerfs?

• Lich Form—Jagged Horrors: These minions will no longer lose health over time and will instead die 30 seconds after they’re summoned.

That change by itself is a HUGE blow to Necros in Raids and FotM.

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: DTATL.9641

DTATL.9641

The Lich nerf was kinda expected though. Anet has never liked AI based builds, and for good reason. It is disappointing though that we didn’t get anything to counter it because even with the jagged horrors our condi dmg wasn’t that amazing unless they were constantly healed. And without horrors well it’s like they patched away rangers pet and expected them to still be fine.(unless it’s pvp where our condi output aint as bad but just slow. And the massive amounts of cleanses is the problem)

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drakril.4058

Drakril.4058

can anyone comment on GS#5 being fixed yet? there was no mention in the notes but i’m curious to see if they finally fixed the elevation issue with the skill.

the buff to unholy feast was nice as well… might see a lot less signet players with access to boon removal on axe/traited.

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Does the lich form nerf take necromancers out of the raid meta?

Necromancers were barely keeping up, and that one skill was a dramatic part of total dps. Will necromancers be banned from non guild raid groups outside of the 1-2 epidemic bosses?

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

What are you talking about, no nerfs?

• Lich Form—Jagged Horrors: These minions will no longer lose health over time and will instead die 30 seconds after they’re summoned.

That change by itself is a HUGE blow to Necros in Raids and FotM.

Not me, as a power necro I don’t use it.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Mhh greatsword is still terrible in pvp but maybe axe is finally useable.

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

Now Lich form need 50% cd reduction as well.
But yeah, back to Flesh Golem.

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: OlliX.1705

OlliX.1705

Well, RIP condi necro in raids. I don’t know what Anet is thinking.

[qT] Necro main.

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

Mhh greatsword is still terrible in pvp but maybe axe is finally useable.

I been using axe on my power necro because it really helped push decimate defenses and axe builds up lifeforce like a dynamo. So next time I get a chance I’m going to see how much this patch boosted his offense.

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Well, RIP condi necro in raids. I don’t know what Anet is thinking.

Play power I haven’t done anything else.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

“We feel that necromancers have been faring quite well gamewide” – Anet can u give the number to your shrooms -guy ?? really want what u get.

regards from a confused player

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

lol I’m happy to say other games will be occupying my time more from now on. Anet has buffed Axe by small increments for how long now? I guess they still don’t get it, Axe is still too gimmicky and both power & condi builds still suffer from sustain issues in PvP.

The best change was adding an additional boon corruption to Axe 3. That’s a good buff. But Axe 2 is still easily evaded/dodged.

By the way, they’re buffing damage of other classes, while still leaving us defenseless. And downstate now no longer trigger invuln, rip. I’m glad Anet’s class balance team play this game (not).

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Only nerf was Lich change, otherwise seems like a few small but potentially noticeable buffs. Can’t complain too much.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I mean I guess the changes to axe help it a bit in PvP, there’s still no point using it in PvE though. GS changes didn’t seem to do much from what I’ve quickly checked now and Jagged Horror nerf obviously hurts. So yeah, PvE necro didn’t go well out of this at all imo. Doubt the changes are going to be of major help in the other modes, but I don’t play them (seriously) enough to make any comments on that.

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

It could have been worse, much worse.

Axe got a minor buff.
Greatsword got a positive tweak.
Viper Horror got a minor nerf.

There did not seem to be changes that would affect Necromancer’s balance in game so… Okay.

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

nekretaal.6485

They said around HoT launch that they will never buff axe 1-2 to “good,” because they don’t like how it is ranged but not a projectile.

So ignoring axe as a distraction, this was a 100% nerf to the only one gimmick keeping necromancer viable in raids. Raid DPS drops to 30% below every other DPS profession, and without utility other than non top tier Breakbar breaking.

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

GS aftercast barely notice them, big increase on Axe dmg I like alot cause started to use it again. Nothing whtsoever to our sustain done and Anet “Necro is in a good state comment”- killed me… still laughing

Yea..this comment took me by surprise. These guys are truly insane like wtf

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

nekretaal.6485

Best part of the patch will be if New Spiteful Spirt now corrupts 2 boons. That could be really nice.

Rip condition necromancer in raids.

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Viper Horror got a minor nerf.

The nerf really isn’t minor at all. A very large portion of a Necromancer’s DPS relied on a Druid overheals keeping the Lich Jagged Horrors alive for an extended period of time.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: daw.4923

daw.4923

well,lets wait for new meta………

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aesa.4819

Aesa.4819

This condi necro nerf in raids was totally uncalled for, the DPS wasn’t out of line with any other.

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

well,lets wait for new meta………

Same as the last, but you just fill in the gaping holes from losing rev and necro with eles. Possible replace some thieves with eles since the quickness nerf hits them hard and bringing 2 chronos means the alacrity benefits eles more.

But I’d love to be wrong on that. =/

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

I don’t care about the Lich change. The Viper Horror build always felt like an exploit of game mechanics.

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

Necro is in good state for pvp just have bad survivability for solo play. I don’t know what they think. How to enjoy the class if its weak if you are getting weak solo pug? You just cant survive in a bad team. I don’t know why they don’t give us a way to survive better that zerg burst if you are getting enemies that is going for you first till the match end.
Never died that much before and that fast in other games before this and i’ve played dark magic classes too in most games and i was able to run away or atleast fight back a lot better than here even if getting zerged. Atleast i’d like to be able to run away without die most of the time. but seems like i just dreaming.

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Can I ask some PVE raid vets,
how much will ELE be nerfed by REV&MES quickness boon sharing ?

If ele without quickness falls down to 15k dps,
and necro without quickness and no more minions can still do 10k dps while afk 111ing,
then it brings them closer in overall dps + better risk/reward ratio in bringing a necro instead of ele.

Thoughts?

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

Just no. You are back to trash tier in pve/raids, sorry.

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Well just as I thought, GS still sucks in PvP, and power still feels weak especially when facing a team with a condi reaper. News at 11.

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

“We feel that necromancers have been faring quite well gamewide, providing play and counterplay in many spots over the last few months. In addition to a couple of minor bug fixes”

lol, nice troll attempt…

but honestly whoever thought that the balancing team has the slightest clue whats going on in their game should be convinced by now that the opposite is the case. It´s time at least for me to bury my necromancer, i´m tired of watching Anet kittening the profession up more and more with each patch.

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

Viper Horror is still playable but not meta. Lich will probably go back to supporting power builds but I do not know if FG or Plague will be useful in a condition damage build. Plague really needs help. Its conditions have not kept up with the power creep and the Chilling Darkness nerf strongly impacted it.

I like the buffs to Ele. Most professions received buffs. Revenant and Ranger look hardest hit. Mesmer’s OP SoI nerf seems well compensated.

Overall, Necromancer’s changes look like a nerf compared to several professions.

No change to off-hand dagger’s non-existent life force generation. No change to the way axe works, though I am more likely to use it instead of staff. Greatsword is still slow with a buggy pull. Deathly Chill is still bad and should have been buffed to replace Horrors.

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mega Skeleton.8259

Mega Skeleton.8259

From a design standpoint I think nerfing Jagged Horrors makes sense. It reduces condi necro’s reliance on Lich and Death Magic, just wish condi got a little compensation for it. I wonder if Lich Form is greater DPS than Flesh Golem now. 30 seconds of horrors on a long cooldown seems pretty iffy at best. If it is underwhelming, perhaps FG could win by virtue of utility alone.

That said, I agree that I wish Plague had more justification. It wouldn’t even really be OP these if you got all your abilities turned on at once, TBH. That said, I would prefer each individual form within Plague retained some uniqueness and utility rather than that. If it could push out some solid high pressure short duration condis to be a reasonably high AoE DPS form, as well as offering the defensive options (hell maybe add a chill there too), that would be cool. It IS a plague, it should hurt a good bit. Doesnt have to be top DPS, but just usable in some portions (like say mopping up slublings or xera adds in relative safety, or pressuring a point)

[EG] is recruiting!

(edited by Mega Skeleton.8259)

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wintermute.5408

Wintermute.5408

So, they nerfed rat army. Should have been expected long ago, but still:

NOOO, MY POOR LITTLE BABIES!!!

Welcome to Rivendell, mister Anderson

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

NovaanVerdiano.6174

From a design standpoint I think nerfing Jagged Horrors makes sense. It reduces condi necro’s reliance on Lich and Death Magic, just wish condi got a little compensation for it. I wonder if Lich Form is greater DPS than Flesh Golem now. 30 seconds of horrors on a long cooldown seems pretty iffy at best. If it is underwhelming, perhaps FG could win by virtue of utility alone.

That’s pretty much how I feel about this. I mean I do understand that condi nec currently isn’t exactly among the more difficult classes to play and the jagged horrors certainly didn’t help making it more challenging, but moving the damage into other skills while adjusting them further, at least for PvE, would’ve done a lot.
As it stands I’m not seeing many reasons to bring a necro anymore besides on Matthias.

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

Well this more or less kills Necro as competitive DPS in raids. Since without JHs you do less DPS than a PS warrior.

What a shame. It’s a good thing raids aren’t hard enough that it actually matters, still.

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Was hoping for some stability buffs… mayb stab to DS3 (regular shroud) to make it more competitive with RS. Will still be playing Rev over Necro – nothing here is going to change that.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

Necromancer’s condition damage is mostly defined by scepter auto-attack and the add-melting Epidemic. Everything else has been nerfed well out of meta.

The more I think about the lack of change to Deathly Chill, the more disappointed I am. (RIP, Terror, Dhuumfire, Deathly Chill, Jagged Horrors)

This is why I usually play power builds.

(edited by Anchoku.8142)

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mega Skeleton.8259

Mega Skeleton.8259

I personally am an advocate Reaper’s Onslaught + Dhuumfire for open world or FOTMs, especially now that death magic is nerfed, but it’s still not worth it for raids, really.

More frontloaded damage, tank, DPS, and vuln enemies at the same time, and rapidly recharge your shroud abilities. If you’re with other necros your burns get epi’d.

[EG] is recruiting!

(edited by Mega Skeleton.8259)

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

After some quick DPS tests I’m getting 18 500-19 000 dps with qTs realistic buffs on the standard condi build, 18k on GS only with Soul Eater build and 20k on Dagger above 50% Gravedigger below 50% with Decimate Defenses.

So it’s about a 3k dps loss on golems compared to pre-nerf for condi. Should be a bigger loss in actual fights.

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Sadness. May try mh axe a bit but the risk vs reward vs fun of this class is still all out of whack.

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: Evilek.5690

Evilek.5690

This change nerf Death nova trait to. Death Magic is dead trait line right now.

Evilek lvl 80 Charr Thief Why no ?
Fredy Brimstone lvl 80 Mighty Warrior
Oupí lvl 80 Immortal Guardian

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rigante.2470

Rigante.2470

Nothing at all to address Necro survivability in spvp. Brilliant. I know I really enjoy being targeted and killed first every time against anybody half decent in team fights.

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I’m a non-meta Power Necro and I am happy with the Axe and GS changes because I use both weapons. The extra damage is appreciated.

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Hm, what did they change about Death Nova? Can’t check right now and patch notes don’t seem to list a thing?

Necro changes 18.10

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dashrider.9360

Dashrider.9360

Hm, what did they change about Death Nova? Can’t check right now and patch notes don’t seem to list a thing?

death nova minions also last 30s, and Death nova has an internal cooldown of 15s

I am not a number!
I am a MAN!
YOU are number 6…