Necro concerns on druid healing

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kaint.6937

Kaint.6937

Seeing the druid throwing around sooo much healing and having officially heard that this heal and finishers will be needed in raids to survive really worries me.

It’s again the old complain about healing in shroud. It’s not only that we don’t get the extra survivabilty that is needed, we also hinder our supporters because they waste their heal on us that someone else could get.
Also when i as a necro get low health i use every skill that heals a bit and go into shroud to stay alive – at the timing the heal from an ally would arrive. Every class can be helped at any time to replenish their health pool. Except for necro.
In addition life force is so often referred as a second life bar – a life bar where noone can help you to fill it.

Please let us heal in shroud. Make it just half the healing oder even less. But give us at least something to benefit from teamplay. It’s often claimed GuildWars2 is so much about working together as a team. Necro shroud as it is now works perfectly against that philosophy.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

That is particularly why I created this thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Healing-in-Death-Shroud-just-became-dire/page/2#post5446021

Started with Ventari, but Ele and Druid are no different. If they’re going to go this route they need to come up with something. I don’t want to be working against my team, it just won’t cut it.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nyth.3492

Nyth.3492

I hope they fix that for PvE, because it will hinder us a ton. Going into shroud only to see the druid toss out a ton of heals and not benefiting the slightest from it will be a major downfall for necro raiding viability.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mara.6782

Mara.6782

I dont believe anybody take necro on raids, any other profession bring more to the party than necromancer.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Actually the only thing a necro bring to the party is Vampiric Aura, that is a not-really-good aura why it’s situationally and don’t bring all that heal ti should and don’t increase the damage output by a significant %.

Then, the Reaper will really bring nothing to the team and become a problem if you have a healing class why it’s so much selfish that in DS can’t be healed, making it unable to obtain heal and, probably sometimes in HoT, survive like all the other team members why the lack of heal obtained by team members.

Reaper don’t give us more damage (the damage of the GS skill using Gravedigger is mor eor less the same as the dagger AA), more survavibility (some low healt and defence minions that adsorb a little of damage and die can’t become our defence) and the only support it can give is kitteneless aura and a heal good only if you use a full cleric set and still bad compared with every other healing skills, but that move the downed ally in another spot to be easy ressed. But that don’t give us a chance to be a support class, only a good effect to ress an ally every 40 sec.

The Reaper gives us a chill that is only good to remove a little of the Break Bar of the enemy but at the same time can’t be stacked on them (elite, champion and legendary mobs), making a large amount of our traits useless and all our strategy a dump.
Tge GS and RS damage is high but just a little bit more than the dagger and the GS have a lower damage and utility than the dagger ybtill the enemy fall under 50% hp, giving low LF, making us also unable to access frequently the RS. (we will be forced again to chose staff or dagger if we want to use the RS frequently, making the GS imemdialy a second-choice weapon).

The reaper give us only 2 good things:
1) enough traits to obtain a 100% critical rate in a complete tanky build
2) the chance to use a condition based build like Carrion, while we’ll be able, expecially in team, to obtain high burn and direct damage and 50% of critical rate by vulnerability

Then, we’ll be the bunker able to deal damage like a dps but that will not be healed by the healers, making us again lesser useful than a dps build.

I will play the Reaper because I like the idea of a Gs on a necromancer and the RS look very cool, but at the actual time there’s noting more that will make me chose the Necromancer /Reaper instead of any other class/specializzation.
Really Nothing.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

because we spend 100% of our time in shroud

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

If you play as a Reaper you have to stay all the time you can in RS to deal your max damage, making you 50-66% of the time in RS

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

If you play as a Reaper you have to stay all the time you can in RS to deal your max damage, making you 50-66% of the time in RS

because dealing max damage and playing correctly are the samething. Survival? who needs that! dodging? nahhhh.

lol

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Im more concerned about druids elite being basically what our spiteful spirit should have been.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Clairenix.2780

Clairenix.2780

because dealing max damage and playing correctly are the samething. Survival? who needs that! dodging? nahhhh.

lol

You have to dodge and increase your survival rate to be in RS longer, so you can keep your damage up longer. Haha.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

Im more concerned about druids elite being basically what our spiteful spirit should have been.

Indeed thats pretty saddening, although it’s still just a stronger version of retaliation. I would create a buff for pt members to deal the bonus damage – crittable and hard hitting of course, but lasting for 5-10 seconds only
(like the druid glyph for 10% dmg)