Necro could actually be meta.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Timiok.1048

Timiok.1048

Reaper gives Necro so much dps, that it could actually be meta now in pvp. With gravedigger especially, that can apparently do 26k with gravedigger (That is the one thing that should be nerfed) , Necros will possibly be more of an asset rather than a burden to your team. With the specialization patch alone Necro was given a lot of supportive traits, so this just makes everything better. Maybe if all of your life siphons also went to your allies, and maybe some of your shouts gave their bonuses to allies, we could really see Necros being viable! This is so exciting!!!

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

You seem to be getting some things crossed. I’m… Not sure 26k Gravediggers are an spvp thing. Sounds like higher end hits in pve.

But anyways, the idea is there, of some aftercast and clunk issues get fixed and they fix a few traits to be less bad, yeah, there is a good chance they will be used.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

I’m hitting for like 10k grave diggers with zerker amulet. People are still having some trouble seeing the animation for it and if your a tiny asura in the middle of all the sparkles it’s even harder.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

You’re not hitting 26k gravediggers constantly unless the mob is stunned in a Moment of Opportunity damage taken increase from a broken breakbar.

The average is more likely 16-18k.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vydahr.4285

Vydahr.4285

In stronghold, specifically, Reaper seems quite good. Just played a match (first time, to be honest) and only died a single time, even though I went looking for team fights. When, as a necro, you can kill someone and chase off one or two of their friends, it’s….. so satisfying. Granted, no one is really used to Stronghold yet, but it went well and I am very pleased with how Reaper performs now (other than the clunkiness that ronpierce mentioned)

My build for reference

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

in Necromancer

Zenith.7301

Reaper is hard to gauge in PvP because a bug is allowing them to proc LF gains from nearby objects not just players.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Reaper is hard to gauge in PvP because a bug is allowing them to proc LF gains from nearby objects not just players.

This has been the case since launch, nothing new.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Zenith.7301

Right, but the reaper autoattack cleave LF gain has only made it even more apparent.

I just hope they don’t nerf the class too much and make adjustments if the removal of the bug takes the reaper too far down squishy territory.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Since launch?! How did I not notice?? Some bugs do seem to take them forever to fix.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Not sure how you didn’t notice, it was always a pain in the kitten because Locust Swarm constantly puts you in combat on maps like Khylo.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

Since launch?! How did I not notice?? Some bugs do seem to take them forever to fix.

Any fix will take an overhaul.

- non-destructive environments (true fix, not plausible)
- LF Gen from weapons is not capable out of combat (band-aid, still doesnt fix in combat)
- Take away LF Gen from AA’s (band-aid)
- LF Gen on weapons only works on targetted enemies (I dont even know if that is possible). Maybe “LF Gen on targetting weapon Skills only.”

If anyone could think of other ideas, please share.

Alright meow, where were we?

in Necromancer

Posted by: dragonrage.8921

dragonrage.8921

Your assuming that the Mesmer, guardian, Elementalist meta crowd won’t just ignore every other class like they have for 3 years.

in Necromancer

Posted by: shiro.2193

shiro.2193

- LF Gen from weapons is not capable out of combat (band-aid, still doesnt fix in combat)
- LF Gen on weapons only works on targetted enemies (I dont even know if that is possible). Maybe “LF Gen on targetting weapon Skills only.”

going from the lf gans wepon out for combat is useless as soon as you hit a door or something your in combat, AA would kill dager and gs, targeted enemies wouldnt work because the gs is set up to cleave and gain more because your are hitting more than one person or thing with it so you would have to overhal lf how to gain it and all weapons lf values and make it work in conquest stronghold wvw and pve i dont see it as that big for a problem its like bring a thief to decap

hiibari human thief
randal althor char warrior
hibbari norn guardian

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Not sure how you didn’t notice, it was always a pain in the kitten because Locust Swarm constantly puts you in combat on maps like Khylo.

I must have avoided the spots or thought it was Plague Signet. I played thief more then necro in PvP as well(for now).

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

also dont compare a PvE hit with a sPvP or evn WvW. In WvW highest was 17k on a Siege razer and 13,6k on aPlayer for me this weekend. PvE u always max stax (mights and vun) rarely happens vs Players.

The dmg boost to GD is good imho. just fix GS#5 now and the weapon is my new main Weapon.

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

Necro is already meta in PvP as of the June 23rd update.

Please refer to Celestial Signet Necromancer.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I am having trouble, because my RS1 and GS1 is critting for 500 Damage,,,,,,

whats going on?

in Necromancer

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

going from the lf gans wepon out for combat is useless as soon as you hit a door or something your in combat, AA would kill dager and gs, targeted enemies wouldnt work because the gs is set up to cleave and gain more because your are hitting more than one person or thing with it so you would have to overhal lf how to gain it and all weapons lf values and make it work in conquest stronghold wvw and pve i dont see it as that big for a problem its like bring a thief to decap

I’m having problems understanding you. It sounds like you are giving reasons for why things that I said wouldnt really work wouldn’t really work. I also have no clue what Life Force overhauls and Thief decapping have in common.

Alright meow, where were we?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

Good luck trying to land a single hit of Grave Digger with a good Chrono. If Reaper’s GS become META then Chrono will become SUPER META.

All is vain.

in Necromancer

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Yeah GS just doesn’t work well in PvP, unless you’re playing against bad players or people who don’t understand Reaper moves yet. A lot of talks about how powerful Reapers are at the moment, but it’s only due to people not understanding the skills & moves. Once people realize they shouldn’t stand there while under 50% hp and tank a reaper spamming Gravedigger on them, people will realize the damage Reapers do really aren’t all that.

Reapers to me are more about sustain & mobility that necros never had. It was hard enough trying to lifeblast people with a 1200 range homing missile, and people here are trying to say a 170 range attack that takes a second and half to execute is gonna make necros the supermen?

Reapers are good, they make cele signet necros better. But they aren’t some super duper dps machines that some make them out to be right now.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

Áctually getting LF from Objects cannot be fixed, because some PvE enemies are coded as objects (a lot of bosses are…you can notice it by them also not triggering Marks), and not gaining LF from bosses would be kittened. Then there is also the problem that you couldn’t stand a sliver of a chance against a Turret Engi in sPvP.

The REAL bug is that some objects on Khylo are not destructable, meaning you could in theory get full LF by AAing them with dagger.

This needs a fix. I’d say “remove destructable objects except for Trebuchets from sPvP maps” , but as we are starting with 0 LF I’d rather they not remove ways to gain a little LF before starting to fight.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pyroen.2086

Pyroen.2086

Yeah GS just doesn’t work well in PvP, unless you’re playing against bad players or people who don’t understand Reaper moves yet. A lot of talks about how powerful Reapers are at the moment, but it’s only due to people not understanding the skills & moves. Once people realize they shouldn’t stand there while under 50% hp and tank a reaper spamming Gravedigger on them, people will realize the damage Reapers do really aren’t all that.

Reapers to me are more about sustain & mobility that necros never had. It was hard enough trying to lifeblast people with a 1200 range homing missile, and people here are trying to say a 170 range attack that takes a second and half to execute is gonna make necros the supermen?

Reapers are good, they make cele signet necros better. But they aren’t some super duper dps machines that some make them out to be right now.

Yeah I know what you mean. Even on a power reaper I was too predictable for good thiefs or even warriors to hit. The Hype train has turned reaper into the specialization showpony of hot and im saying this while necro is my main.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Charblaze.6958

Charblaze.6958

Highly relevant to the discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlh6nleAd0

We can be actually good if they don’t nerf Reaper’s sustain before people learn how to deal with the elite specialization.

Reaper Shroud is pretty much a walking AoE. You don’t stand in a Lava fonts, Wells, or Rapid fire, you try to get away from them. They should do the same when you enter Reaper Shroud. Foes should rotate out of a fight too, or go ranged, once they go below 50% HP. Any player near a Reaper with <50% HP is setting himself up for a burst and giving it free sustain.

By ganging up close against a Reaper as if it was a regular a Necromancer you are actually doing it favor.

in Necromancer

Vydahr.4285

Highly relevant to the discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlh6nleAd0

We can be actually good if they don’t nerf Reaper’s sustain before people learn how to deal with the elite specialization.

Reaper Shroud is pretty much a walking AoE. You don’t stand in a Lava fonts, Wells, or Rapid fire, you try to get away from them. They should do the same when you enter Reaper Shroud. Foes should rotate out of a fight too, or go ranged, once they go below 50% HP. Any player near a Reaper with <50% HP is setting himself up for a burst and giving it free sustain.

By ganging up close against a Reaper as if it was a regular a Necromancer you are actually doing it favor.

Shhhh…. We want them to keep trying to focus us in a team fight

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

Thx for mentioning ma vid Charblaz

And yup, it can very well become meta. The sustain is nice on power and amazing on cele with blighters boon. Some mobility and stability helps a LOT too.

And IDK why everyone is suddenly getting all excited about necro’s gaining life force from objects… This has always been around and numerous necro’s have done it in tourneys. So can someone explain? :o

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

And IDK why everyone is suddenly getting all excited about necro’s gaining life force from objects… This has always been around and numerous necro’s have done it in tourneys. So can someone explain? :o

The problem is that these objects should be interactable by trebs, skyhammer or self destruct only. I mean using locust swarm on the boxes in khylo is no problem since they are made to be hit by players.The tiles which break when you stand on, in skyhammer are a problem since they aren’ t made to be hit by players.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

What was the elite people were running in spvp as a reaper?

‘Cause it seems to me that the thing that keeps Gravedigger from being great (or if you already think it’s great, OP) for pvp is the Necromancer’s very small pool of non-fear CC and immobilize abilities, to root the target in place to keep them from dodging a Gravedigger. Chill on Fear helps, but I don’t think it’s quite perfect for the this. For immobilize, you have dagger 3 (which would mean all melee. On a Necro. in PvP.) or a Bone Fiend. For stuns and knockdowns, you have Flesh Golem, “Chilled To The Bone!” and RS 5, and of all of those, a Flesh Golem knockdown is the only one I see catching someone with the awareness to dodge a Gravedigger.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Adrian Guardian.9480

Adrian Guardian.9480

Don’t know about meta, but I won as often as I lost when I played greatsword+shouts, so the balance felt right.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

I love how in one very specific situation against a specific mob with all the stars aligning and hell freezing over somebody might have hit 26k once in a video or something so now that is the standard dmg I do to every warrior with my gravediggers in pvp.

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

I want my greatsword back now. Literally the most powerful and game changing I’ve ever felt in a fight. Nothing better than dropping wos on a downed being ressed and watching grave digger proc fire sigil, chilling nova, and spinal shivers on the group trying to res and watching them all die lol.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

(edited by NeXeD.3042)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

It’s because Reapers can become very good bunkers with the right traits (namely Chilling Force + Blighter’s Boon) People who play other professions have noticed, do not like it and have started screaming for action (already a 130+ post about it on the PvP forums) the LF from environmental objects bug/exploit/tactic is an attempt to explain/avoid blame as to why Reapers suddenly have scaleable sustain without blocks or evades ANet has always said they (were suppose to) have in a way that does not get Blighter’s Boon nerfed.

(edited by Foefaller.1082)

in Necromancer

Vydahr.4285

It’s because Reapers can become very good bunkers with the right traits (namely Chilling Force + Blighter’s Boon) People who play other professions have noticed, do not like it and have started screaming for action (already a 130+ post about it on the PvP forums) the LF from environmental objects bug/exploit/tactic is an attempt to explain/avoid blame as to why Reapers suddenly have scaleable sustain without blocks or evades ANet has always said they (were suppose to) have in a way that does not get Blighter’s Boon nerfed.

It’s almost like Necro was meant to be the definitive attrition class and the only reason people are complaining now is because that’s actually becoming true. (I hope the sarcasm isn’t too strong ;p )

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper