Necro dueling?

Necro dueling?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Alphonse.3504

Alphonse.3504

Ive been getting a lot more into my necromancer lately and into WvW & duels and got to say this class is a wonderful for dueling. Im gonna start a necro short dueling series and here is my first video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81g3WKUZw1M
hope yall enjoy
all feedback appreciated!
PEACE

Necro dueling?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Necromancers, with the right builds, are amazing duelists, the biggest weakness we have is that if you aren’t really on your feet (or you aren’t in PvP), people can disengage and you have a very small window to keep them in the fight or they are gone. Besides that, and just bad matchups, we’re great at 1v1.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Necro dueling?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Ive been getting a lot more into my necromancer lately and into WvW & duels and got to say this class is a wonderful for dueling. Im gonna start a necro short dueling series and here is my first video!
hope yall enjoy
PEACE

Not sure if troll or not ;p You use staff only, try to pressure with Life Blast without power spec You still win, however warrior should have try something simple, like guardian, because he fails in every aspect. Also, music…. Had to turn speakers off ;/ But keep on, maybe I’ll upload some of my recorded Powermancer 30/10/0/0/30 duels in future

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Necro dueling?

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

I dare say, necro is the strongest duelling class in WvW atm.

Anyway, few thing that come to mind when watching your video:
- eat food.
- I would use Corrupt Boon instead of Signet of Spite
- Life Blast > Life Transfer against single targets.

…and on a side note: you could have played a lot more aggressively, it almost looks like you’re going easy on that poor warrior xD

Necro dueling?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Couple of points: dueling implies fighting to the death. 1v1 does not. In not sure which of these your video contained.

I disagree with the previous poster. I believe Signet of Spite to be better than C. B. SoS is very reliable and is excellent condi pressure.

Life Transfer also restores life force, so I always prefer that over life blast in a condi build.

But yeah, eat food.

Necro dueling?

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

If you’re playing an arranged duel in WvW you don’t stomp your opponent.

What I was implying with “Life Blast > Life Transfer” was that the damage is higher, that’s all. And seeing how he didn’t need to preserve lf during the fight this would have been the better choice.
Also, I’m not saying SoS is bad, but I would have definitely taken Corrupt Boon and rather dropped the Signet than Grasp or the stun break.

Necro dueling?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kratos.6293

Kratos.6293

hope yall enjoy
PEACE

Not sure if troll or not ;p You use staff only, try to pressure with Life Blast without power spec You still win, however warrior should have try something simple, like guardian, because he fails in every aspect. Also, music…. Had to turn speakers off ;/ But keep on, maybe I’ll upload some of my recorded Powermancer 30/10/0/0/30 duels in future

Idk man, i liked the music.

Necro dueling?

in Necromancer

Alphonse.3504

hope yall enjoy
PEACE

Not sure where you got the idea i was a troll from but whatever.. Im getting an kittenbag, Im a master necromancer vibe from your feedback. whatever, aint even mad! Peace!

(edited by Alphonse.3504)

Necro dueling?

in Necromancer

Alphonse.3504

Couple of points: dueling implies fighting to the death. 1v1 does not. In not sure which of these your video contained.

I disagree with the previous poster. I believe Signet of Spite to be better than C. B. SoS is very reliable and is excellent condi pressure.

Life Transfer also restores life force, so I always prefer that over life blast in a condi build.

But yeah, eat food.

Stomping people in arranged duels is kind of a kitten bag thing to do isnt it? Dunno i look at it as time to review the fight.

Necro dueling?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

But yeah, eat food.

Stomping people in arranged duels is kind of a kitten bag thing to do isnt it? Dunno i look at it as time to review the fight.

Correction: fight to the “down”. I wasn’t sure if this was a duel or a straight up 1v1, where in 1v1 you can run away (cough cough thief cough cough)