Necro hitting constant 8k+ life blasts

in Necromancer

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

Not even gonna begin to whine, just wanna know how this is possible. I fought some necro my condi vs his dunno wtf it was, but i have 2k toughness and he 3-shot me from 21k health at least 6 times before i finally got tired of it. how is it even possible to hit that high? did they buff it or something? my armor wasn’t broken and i’m not upscaled. i don’t think he ever hit below 7k and it was constant crits (im aware of the 50% crit while in shroud)

CD

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bogey.5423

Bogey.5423

Next time you could take screenshot of combat log, that would show actual numbers. I tested my Life Blast (screenshot) and hit around 3k (critical) with 3,728 attack. Potentially I can gain more might with Reaper’s Might. Practically top hit is around 4.5k to squishier target, this was probably tank in medium armor since damage was really low.

Attachments:

[Hex]

in Necromancer

Spicyhash.7605

Here is part of a combat log I took just now:

http://i.imgur.com/0UNZsEM.png

My life blast hit was with 114% crit damage and 3500 attack. i just don’t see how hits like this are possible.. it’s like i’m an upscale or something.

CD

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bogey.5423

Bogey.5423

Here is part of a combat log I took just now:

http://i.imgur.com/0UNZsEM.png

My life blast hit was with 114% crit damage and 3500 attack. i just don’t see how hits like this are possible.. it’s like i’m an upscale or something.

9,056 is impressive!

There are other players around, so could he have 25 might stack? Full berserker/valkyrie gear? Can’t really explain. If I had to guess, really squishy power build.

[Hex]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nemesis.8593

Nemesis.8593

Ahahaha…. ahahahahaha… i am streaming WvW for 3 days now…
I am using a power build because i am zerging for fast achievements, but sometimes… it just so happens that i was on my way to meet up with the zerg, and i see two elementalists…
Confident they charged me while i was turning into my Lich Form… first elementalist’s knockdown didn’t effect me… and i did 7000 damage + 7000 damage, elementalist died…
Second elementalist panicked went into mist form to revive the first one… i just blasted through the first one’s corpse and the second one… once mist form was done, i hit the second elementalist 7000 damage and another 7000 damage…

4 hits… 2 KOs… you should have seen the stream go wield… it was so… beautiful…

Still nothing compared to this. I have posted it a million times… and i will post it a million times more if i have too…

Nemesis Youtube channel - necromancer & mesmer tutorials, PvP and more…

Nemesis live-stream channel - focusing mainly on Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Dota II.

in Necromancer

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

What? 9k LB? WHAT? How this is even possible?

Ahahaha…. ahahahahaha… i am streaming WvW for 3 days now…
I am using a power build because i am zerging for fast achievements, but sometimes… it just so happens that i was on my way to meet up with the zerg, and i see two elementalists…
Confident they charged me while i was turning into my Lich Form… first elementalist’s knockdown didn’t effect me… and i did 7000 damage + 7000 damage, elementalist died…
Second elementalist panicked went into mist form to revive the first one… i just blasted through the first one’s corpse and the second one… once mist form was done, i hit the second elementalist 7000 damage and another 7000 damage…

4 hits… 2 KOs… you should have seen the stream go wield… it was so… beautiful…

Still nothing compared to this. I have posted it a million times… and i will post it a million times more if i have too…

I bet no elem use rabid gear, so they don’t have toughness.

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sepreh.5924

Sepreh.5924

9,056 is impressive. I have never hit that hard with my full zerker build.

I dont use food/oil though. My guess is that your enemy was using scholar runes and was above 90% HP, you were below 50% HP and they had close to death, they were running butternut squash soup and sup sharpening stone, they had full stacks of bloodlust, they might have used blood is power for might and probably got some vulnerability on you.

I tend to max at around 6.5k on squishies when they are below 50% HP and I am above 90%. Again, no food/oil but 9K consistent seems a little odd – I would think the stars have to align for this.

Legendary Sepreh, Necromancer
[SYN] Synyster Legion | Dragonbrand Server
Youtube Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Revelations.3154

Revelations.3154

My life blasts hit for that much but on a target with that much toughness, I need to have might stack and my target with high vulnerability stacks.

My build utilizes additive % damage modifiers such as: Spite(AxeTraining,Close to Death); Soul Reaping(Strength of Undeath); Sigils of Force or Night and whatever rune set give me additional power. I’ll roam today and pick up some screens if I can pull together a 9k hit like that.

Honestly it’s a perfect storm to get a perfect snipe shot like that don’t even talk about Lich Form :p

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shinigami.8975

Shinigami.8975

As Sepreh said, it’s fairly easy to reach those numbers, just stack your Bloodlust sigil, have the 3 orbs of Bloodlust for your realm, use max level sharpening stones/Food, have your 5 stacks of Gard Leech, some stack of might and some vulnerability on the foe, land a nice crit and BOOM !

I once hit a level 80 mesmer for 15k with life blast, but I guess he was a fresh 80, and was not fully geared. People tend to underestimate the Power necro as almost everyone is running Condimancer nowadays.

Ps : Hi Nemesis ! (fanboy spotted )

in Necromancer

Posted by: Morbridae.8607

Morbridae.8607

Hi, Nemesis!

Which of your builds are you using? Is it the glasscannon, or another one?

Morbridae (Norn Necromancer)
@ Sorrow’s Furnace (VE)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

My life blasts hit for that much but on a target with that much toughness, I need to have might stack and my target with high vulnerability stacks.

My build utilizes additive % damage modifiers such as: Spite(AxeTraining,Close to Death); Soul Reaping(Strength of Undeath); Sigils of Force or Night and whatever rune set give me additional power. I’ll roam today and pick up some screens if I can pull together a 9k hit like that.

Honestly it’s a perfect storm to get a perfect snipe shot like that don’t even talk about Lich Form :p

This. If you get the right combos and situation it is possible. He likely had a lot of them go right, plus might and some vulnerability going. Very fun on those glassy thieves that think they are so sneaky to two-shot them back.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Like Roe said, it’s a very very situational build. It was a combo of traits (prob reaper’s might and one or two of the damage modifiers that are the 25 point grandmaster traits), might stacks, possibly fury or the 50% crit in DS trait, and the glassiest gear and runes you will ever find. it was also a really lucky crit/crit dmg proc. I can get close to that but not 9k worth and it has to be with the conditions I listed above. He might have fun downing one or two people fast, but that fun won’t last long once someone focus fires him. Game over then.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Next time you could take screenshot of combat log, that would show actual numbers. I tested my Life Blast (screenshot) and hit around 3k (critical) with 3,728 attack. Potentially I can gain more might with Reaper’s Might. Practically top hit is around 4.5k to squishier target, this was probably tank in medium armor since damage was really low.

What utility is that under “W” on your bar? o.O

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Necrotic Traversal, the Flesh Wurm active.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Necrotic Traversal, the Flesh Wurm active.

Ah, knew it seen it somewhere before but I couldn’t find it.

Cheers.

in Necromancer

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

There are no constant 8k life blasts.

You can have spike 8k maybe more if you get full might stacks and vulnerability. Normally it is more like 4-6k when traited well with decent gear. On target below 50% hp. It’s still pretty good though. Just have to remember life blast has slow rate of fire whatevs and you don’t have many tries when LF is out so it’s not like you can go facerolling with “constant 8k hits”.

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ghostextechnica.3270

Ghostextechnica.3270

For the record is Axe+Axe Training or Dagger better (i.e. the highest dps) for Life Blast?

I vaguely recall seeing that Axe + Axe Training is better but can’t find the source anywhere.

When I get that feeling I want… spectral healing.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

It takes your weapon’s damage. So staff is best, and I believe Axe + Axe training brings axe to close to staff’s level.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ghostextechnica.3270

Ghostextechnica.3270

Oh I found it – it’s a 5 month old thread but it suggests Axe + Axe Training edges out the Staff and scales even higher with boons.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Reasons-DS-power-got-buffed-out-of-its-mind
Not sure if there have been any changes since then!

When I get that feeling I want… spectral healing.

(edited by Ghostextechnica.3270)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

Last time i tested it.
Traited Axe DS1 > Staff DS1 >untraited Axe DS1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Not even gonna begin to whine, just wanna know how this is possible. I fought some necro my condi vs his dunno wtf it was, but i have 2k toughness and he 3-shot me from 21k health at least 6 times before i finally got tired of it. how is it even possible to hit that high? did they buff it or something? my armor wasn’t broken and i’m not upscaled. i don’t think he ever hit below 7k and it was constant crits (im aware of the 50% crit while in shroud)

I saw the screen shot, and I believe very much you can and did get hit for 9000, but I don’t believe for a second it was with 2000 toughness. With 2000 ARMOR I could believe. If you had 2000 toughness, on a level 80 character, there is no way someone hit you for 9k lifeblast.

The math doesn’t add up to give you that figure if your toughness was really that high. I have full ascended zerker and scholar and I don’t life-blast anyone that high unless they are full glass AND vuln stacked or with me might stacked to the roof. I routinely run around with 4500 attack and an ascended staff and that is not a common number on any level 80.

So in short, you ran a glass build, and he ran a glass build, and he had better gear, a better build, or way more buffs.

(edited by Rennoko.5731)

in Necromancer

Spicyhash.7605

I saw the screen shot, and I believe very much you can and did get hit for 9000, but I don’t believe for a second it was with 2000 toughness. With 2000 ARMOR I could believe. If you had 2000 toughness, on a level 80 character, there is no way someone hit you for 9k lifeblast.

The math doesn’t add up to give you that figure if your toughness was really that high. I have full ascended zerker and scholar and I don’t life-blast anyone that high unless they are full glass AND vuln stacked or with me might stacked to the roof. I routinely run around with 4500 attack and an ascended staff and that is not a common number on any level 80.

So in short, you ran a glass build, and he ran a glass build, and he had better gear, a better build, or way more buffs.

screenshot was my glass vs his glass i assume, and it wasn’t the same guy.. just didnt have pictures of the other fight where i did have 1950 toughness

CD

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

screenshot was my glass vs his glass i assume, and it wasn’t the same guy.. just didnt have pictures of the other fight where i did have 1950 toughness

My point was just this:

Damage done = (Weapon Strength) * Power * (skill-specific coefficient) / (target’s Armor)

And now look at the tool tip damage from the wiki on these skills:

Thief – Backstab: Back damage: 806 (2.4)?
Necro – Life Blast: Damage within 600 units.: 341 (1.4)?

In the entire time I have been playing, I have never been backstabbed for more than 8-9k in Rabid/Dire gear. Looking at the scaling of those skills, it seems hard to believe someone is hitting 8k lifeblasts back to back on anyone with 2000 toughness, unless there are thieves out there backstabbing those same targets for 16000.

I would be shocked if you could get hit for more than 6-7k with 1900 toughness by any life blast. I no doubt believe you get hit that hard, but not with that armor. It just isn’t possible.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

Yeah, I have to call nonsense on 8k Lifeblasts against 2k toughness character. Even if the stars did align for the best possible damage with all the multipliers you would need, its just not possible vs that high of armor.

I normally run with 2800 armor and I have never been hit with anything over 7k, even backstab.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nagato no Kami.4980

Nagato no Kami.4980

Add me to the list of the skeptical. If you take 9000 damage from a Lifeblast while running 2000 toughness then a glass cannon thief would instagib you back into WvW queue with Backstab.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

He has 25 might stacks (given to him by his guardian friend) and the always crit in DS trait.

Maybe bowl of sweet & spicy butternut squash soup + blood lust stacks too.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.