Necro in Raids

Necro in Raids

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brayzz.6524

Brayzz.6524

What dou you think , will we get a place in Raids? If Raids are just “full dps dodge everything” than nobody is going to take a Necro, because we have 0 group Buffs.

There are only 3 things where a Necro can be useful in Raids :

1) 10man Condition Raid: Everybody stacks conditions on 1 enemy and 1-3 Necro spamming Epidemic to spread them out(Imagine +50bleed, +50burn, +30posion 3x Epidemic). This is only useful for very hard AoE Encounters or for bosses where Condition does much more dmg than Power Builds.

2) Boon removing from enemys. Maybe Bosses etc will use a lot of Boons where you need to remove them. If not needed than this utility from Necro is useless.

3) Removing Condition from Allys : Other classes can do this too, I dont know if you need a Necro for this, but at least we can do this very good.

If we dont need this 3 above in Raids, than what is the “Job” of a Necro in Raids? We have no group Buffs. Im 100% sure nobody is going to take a Necro if you dont need this things in a Raid. For DPS there are other classes which can do the same or more DPS than a Necro and still giving Buffs for the group.

(edited by Brayzz.6524)

Necro in Raids

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Necro’s/reapers are very independant: we can buff ourselves with high might and maintain a high amount of vulnerability. So if an event demands we need to separate a player from the group we can be the best candidate.

EverythingOP

Necro in Raids

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Honestly it’s hard to say right now as we’re still looking at an incomplete picture. We don’t know what Druid or engie will be like, and in addition what the content will demand. And then you factor in future nerfs and buffs between now and then, it’s just hard to say.

Right now though if say our role will be that of a bruiser, as we are very good at absorbing damage with BB and just keep on rolling through with the right support, and once below 50% we can go to town on the boss with gravedigger. And if a boss fight has a lot of adds or trash, or epidemic will be invaluable if the icebow nerfs hit home.

We honestly do have the potential to be extremely valuable DPS wise, but what we need is projectile defense to provide team defense, along with some outside things like nerfs to extremely broken and game breaking mechanics.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Necro in Raids

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

As for OP.

1) Epidemic is Junk. It requires multiple high HP enemies right next to each other to function, but at the same time the enemies have to be weak so that 2 enemies don’t = party wipe (otherwise parties will pull enemies one by one and your epidemic will not get used). This situation where epidemic is useful will literally never happen.

2) Boon removal best accomplished by Mesmer sword
3) this is not something necromancer does well.

But

4) you missed the lifesteal, & Ressing warp which could be useful.

Honestly, the best bet for a role in raids is hoping the damage numbers for reaper come in high/the best and that the reaper becomes a “good damage glass cannon but needs team support character”. If RS1 damage (too low) gets buffed, (GS might need another buff to 1 and 3) ths is a possibility.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

(edited by nekretaal.6485)

Necro in Raids

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Necro would be welcomed in dungeons and fractals right now if they had god tier dps. But I don’t see this happening. At least necro are good in pvp and wvw.

Maybe also like team wide lifesteal which would help people keep their scholar runes up? And some way to give permanent weakness?

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

(edited by Cat Has Ducks.1982)

Necro in Raids

in Necromancer

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

Necro would be welcomed in dungeons and fractals right now if they had god tier dps.

That´s the point.

I can´t see raids changing anything here.

If u want support, the necromancer will be your last choice.

If u want dps, the necromancer will be the secondlast choice. Even if reapers dps will be on the same lvl with guardians, u wont want a reaper in your raid.
Because it adds nothing u rly need (or u could not get easier/better).

Hoping for “god tier dps” is the only way.

Because the supportchange needs a complete classdesign rework.

Dps only a few numberfixes (at least for pve, they can let the dmg in wvw and pvp how it is).

(edited by Norjena.5172)

Necro in Raids

in Necromancer

Posted by: Truefrost.6815

Truefrost.6815

Honestly, we can’t say much about this. We have no idea what raids will bring or where Reaper will be by the time HoT is here. Let’s just hope Anet has learned many lessons from the past.

Server: Yak’s Bend | Main: Aliah Raheim
Necro main since beta, MMO fanatic and avid beta tester.

Necro in Raids

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

You do realise you dont have to adhere to the most efficient composition. Thats something that is only done by guilds trying to set a record or tryhard pugs.

Necro in Raids

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

You do realise you dont have to adhere to the most efficient composition. Thats something that is only done by guilds trying to set a record or tryhard pugs.

I feel like try hard guilds are the ones who can run whatever because they are so organized. Puggin a fractal 50 often requires everyone bringing whatever team support they can since it’s like herding cats. I bet rT or DnT could do any content with any composition of classes brining 0 group support and still roll the maps twice as fast as any standard meta pub.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

Necro in Raids

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

It really just comes down to pugs blindly following the meta without really fully understanding it. Any set of average players can complete the content faster than tryhard pugs if they use classes they are comfortable with and have cohesive strategies.

Raids will be new content. There wont be record compositions to copy right off the bat. So in theory you shouldnt run into any class exclusion straight away.

Necro in Raids

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

What Reaper needs to function at peak are a continuous stream of enemies dying, boons being spammed, and protection from stun-locking and kiting.

Other professions can do this but it requires selfless builds and cooperation, something this game does not encourage nearly as much as others.

Necro in Raids

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

There was a topic about this before. I’ll just link to my post there.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Necro in Raids

in Necromancer

Posted by: MeveM.7913

MeveM.7913

Sigh
When will people understand that we are not saying necro isnt able to do the content. We are saying that we do it worse than others. No argument can change the fact that that is bad class balancing/game developing.

As for raids, why do people say “we dont know until its released” well what on earth can they possibly do to make any group favour a necro for any possible objective that will happen frequent enough for us not to be a burdon the rest of the raid. There isnt really anything since necro is a very selfish class and its teamplay. We dont do anything better than any other class so why bring a necro for any other reason than the reaper is a funny guy on ts or the guild leader?

Necro in Raids

in Necromancer

Posted by: Prism.5649

Prism.5649

@MeveM

You are mostly right, however necros do two things better than most other classes. One is soft CC. Necros have excellent sources of chill/fear/blind/etc. Two is damage soaking. With all of their life steal, high health, and DS/RS, necros are excellent at taking hits.

Right now neither of these is of any real use in dungeons/fractals because most bosses are immune/highly resistant to soft CC and pve is so easy that you don’t need to soak damage.

However, Robert Gee has already stated that they are reworking soft CC to be of much more use in endgame PvE. So ANet is promising us that necros will at least have that use. On top of that, raids are promised to be extremely challenging and require some people to run survivability builds. If this turns out to be true then necros may have a use as a pseudo tank (not a classical tank of course, but a GW2 version).

This is all still speculation of course, but necro does have a slim hope.

Prismatic Storm: Ele
Prismatic Science: Engi
Prismatic Dream: Mesmer

(edited by Prism.5649)

Necro in Raids

in Necromancer

Tim.6450

Two is damage soaking. With all of their life steal, high health, and DS/RS, necros are excellent at taking hits.

I’m not sure about this one to be honest even if you put the necromancer in a situation where getting hit is important or movement is impossible/unfavored, I think that a stance warrior is a better option. If the situation requires just survival , necromancerç may forget that role.

EverythingOP

Necro in Raids

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Just imagine that you got a boss that use a flamethrower and is basically immune to physical or condi damage while it’s break bar is refilling. Just imagine that the only ways to damage him outside of the stun due to the broken bar are :
- retaliation
- life siphon

A design that mainly promote defensive gear/boons/conditions and healing stuff. See? everyone want a necromancer in it’s team for that.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

Necro in Raids

in Necromancer

Tim.6450

Just imagine that you got a boss that use a flamethrower and is basically immune to physical or condi damage while it’s break bar is refilling. Just imagine that the only ways to damage him outside of the stun due to the broken bar are :
- retaliation
- life siphon

A design that mainly promote defensive gear/boons/conditions and healing stuff. See? everyone want a necromancer in it’s team for that.

I’m taking this:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNApeRnUJCdhgVhAGgA0hghigyGgHIAyg4HeesEahUA-TRSBABFp8z4DBAN7PEhSwBOBA3o+DK6DQw8HAPBAA-e

EverythingOP

Necro in Raids

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drakril.4058

Drakril.4058

i think the Necro will be very viable in raids given the new Reaper traits.

There are so many classes that provide support to party members, but could not sit in the frontline if their life depended on it. For every player who has to partially disengage a fight due to low health slows the overall DPS down. If a Necro sits front line in Dire running a full condi build w/ Dhumfire in RS the DPS is decent now that burns stack and the Necro can keep a constant Chill effect (if it will actually apply to bosses now) With high toughness and Vit with an unlimited supply of boons the Necro is virtually unkillable (given the player is good). Even in full Zerk the necro can hold DS/RS for a long time doing frontline decent DPS allows for free Reses without the loss of HP’s, etc.

I personally don’t think the new raids are going to be the same DPS battle that most of the other dungeon bosses have been, players with high sustain are going to be viable options for raids in order to survive boss fights. It seems the Zerk meta is slowly dying out based on alot of the recent patches. but I guess we will see when HoT is released.

Also any Necro running the Blood trait line is very supportive by pulling condies in RS/DS ,allowing for life siphon and last rites!! You loose DPS not having the spite trait line but if its support u want, it doesn’t get any better.

just my 2 cents

Necro in Raids

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

- retaliation
- life siphon

I’m taking this:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNApeRnUJCdhgVhAGgA0hghigyGgHIAyg4HeesEahUA-TRSBABFp8z4DBAN7PEhSwBOBA3o+DK6DQw8HAPBAA-e

Sure, but still, the necromancer will be the best at giving darkfield for life siphon and you might want to take axe offhand instead of shield to trigger them.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

Necro in Raids

in Necromancer

Tim.6450

- retaliation
- life siphon

I’m taking this:

Sure, but still, the necromancer will be the best at giving darkfield for life siphon and you might want to take axe offhand instead of shield to trigger them.

2 Rev’s hammer? They even have the 100% projectile finisher auto attack (with shiro). Also the shield is used for AoE might generation.

EverythingOP