Necro power & hybrid builds,PvE / WvW?

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

Hello. I’m coming from a 80 Engineer(grenadier/rifle) & 80 Mesmer(hybrid/rampager setup) I’ve been exceedingly successful and I’ve had fun on both however I’m looking for something new since I’ve spent a lot of play time on both I’m looking for some more variety.

The potential of well played power builds in wvw / pve has really peaked my interest. I’m curious what good builds are there out there for it and recommended gearing setups for power/hybrid necros I’ve grouped with a pro hybrid/power necro that was just beastly in a lvl 22 fractal haven’t been able to catch him online to ask him these questions. The guy had good burst, good mobility, decent aoe, and seemed to tank like a boss while doing the rest of it.

He did appear to swap between 2 different weapon sets not just 2 weapons but depending on the pull i’d swap out between staff i’m pretty sure i saw an axe and warhorn, i know he was using a scepter on some fights but didn’t see that out to often and a dagger at some point too so I know he was carrying a lot of gear around with him and seemed to be using what suited the fights most. Seemed to spend lots of time in DS too his uptime on DS seemed pretty long from my point of view.

(edited by NeuroMuse.1763)

in Necromancer

Posted by: derevan.8751

derevan.8751

If you find this guy and his build i would be very happy to see it please. Because i am upping my fractal level on my necromancer and i am searching a good hybrid build to use in fractal and general PVE (i would be in heaven if it is viable in WvW). If someone can help it would be nice. Thanks

in Necromancer

Posted by: XiL.4318

XiL.4318

30 points in Healing gives you Wells Siphon Life, as well as every time you hit a mob, you Siphon Life, and Siphon Life is 50% more effective. Combine these with Retaliation, Warhorn 5, and quick hitting Axe, and you can make all those hits, really add up. No matter how much damage you do or how you do it. Just never stop hitting things and you never die.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Savan.8495

Savan.8495

Something along the lines of

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQRBHhhu1IjWlemm6G9eiA6x7BgziPgMaGrzdA;TUA5TCnkOpeS5EA

Mix of Berserker and Knight gear

in Necromancer

derevan.8751

30 points in Healing gives you Wells Siphon Life, as well as every time you hit a mob, you Siphon Life, and Siphon Life is 50% more effective. Combine these with Retaliation, Warhorn 5, and quick hitting Axe, and you can make all those hits, really add up. No matter how much damage you do or how you do it. Just never stop hitting things and you never die.

How will you spec for a build with the wells (30 points Blood) while keeping nice dps (would be excellent to have the dps and a nice support capacity)?

I have tried several wellomancer spec but find that i am laking in dps (aoe or single dos).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Savan.8495

Savan.8495

(edited by Savan.8495)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

@Derevan

Even with 30 blood, you can gear up for extreme damage, and you will still have a pretty good DPS, and good survivability. The wells healing is pretty useful for Fractals and some WvW encounter.

Tho if we are talking about sPvp/WvW only, I prefer going all offence.

30/20/20/0/0 build, focusing on staff damage and target wells.

You have to position yourself, and use DS as much as you can, since you won’t have much tankability. I have around 22k hp and 2.1k armor. It still more then most glass cannon build.

In WvW, most people won’t stack defensive stats. So your attack with your staff will do a carnage. I drop most people to 50% hp with my marks. After that, count the dodge, and cast at least 2 wells (I run 2 wells utilies) and immobilize with your dagger. Then unleash the damage.

Mosty people should be dead. Don’t forget to daze them with warhorn, it’s deadly and interrupt last seconde healing.

If they survive finish them with DS.

The Well-O-Mancer is one of the few build that work in WvW. I like playing with different build, but Most build I tried didn’t work out in WvW. Condimancer is also pretty solid.

Here my Well-O-Mancer build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNBmQDbkRrSPTTcjhPBIp45rhesruOHpI4hB

Pretty straight forward build, boring even. But it works really well. I switch the 10 points skill of curses a lot, using the 50% reduce fall.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

(edited by Kardiamond.6952)

in Necromancer

derevan.8751

Thanks for the informations Kardiamond. Your last link is dead can you sent a new please.

Thanks a lot

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

@Derevan

Man sorry about the link, the kitten inside me linked the wrong adress ahha.

Edited it in the original post.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

(edited by Kardiamond.6952)